MOC: "Where Amelia Landed"

8 replies to this topic

#1 Zeya

Zeya

• Thinks He's a Stud

Member: 13511

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:38 AM

Posted Image

This is my first MOC. I give it the title "Where Amelia Landed". It is done in LDD (Lego Digital Designer), because I have a very small collection right now as I essentially just started this hobby.

Here's an image and the LXF file. Comments after the jump!

Posted Image

LXF File

I originally started out wanting to do an organic nature scene. I had a vision of a small waterfall with some foliage around it. I didn't want to get too carried away, since this is my first MOC, so I decided to keep it small and within the confines of this 16x16 baseplate.

I was going to put in a minifigure of a hiker. I decided to make her a woman. And then I found the jacket and pilot helmet and she just became Amelia Earhart! So I guess that makes this a historical MOC. I then moved on and added some pieces of her wrecked plane. Her propeller is set up on a pole with a flag, and her cockpit seat and console are set up in hopes of picking up radio signals for rescue. Some flowers have overgrown onto the radio equipment, but she doesn't mind.

I started out making it so that all the bricks would be purchasable from the Lego store (DesignByMe/PickABrick or whatever), but then I just had to throw the frog in! Thank you for stopping by and looking at my humble offering!

#2 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:31 AM

This is a very well done Zeya, I like it a lot! The surroundings really has that 'nature feel' in it, and the mini-waterfall is quite a nice detail. Thanks for contributing this to the LXF Index. :thumbup:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#3 buddy

buddy

Member: 14028

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

Great MOC! I too like the surroundings, they have a natural feel and look to them.  :thumbup:
Very well done.  :classic:

~buddy~

#4 Baylego

Baylego

Member: 12476

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

Nice! I like the scattered plane parts.

#5 Enpaz

Enpaz

Member: 14370

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

Looks very nice, buddy! I can't really express it in words but the natural invironment in your MOC has something very attractive to it. Keep it up!  :thumbup:

Cheers!

(Click here if you'd like to do business with me)

#6 Swiss Army Droid

Swiss Army Droid

Member: 10521

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:32 AM

Wow, this is a nice MOC. You capture the nature scene quite well. And I can completely understand using LDD to build the things you don't have the parts for. I hope your collection grows soon so you can build more things like this. I'm looking forward to seeing more MOCs from you!

#7 Zeya

Zeya

• Thinks He's a Stud

Member: 13511

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments. I really appreciate it. I think LDD might actually be more flattering for this type of MOC since it gives everything a nice magical glow to it! Maybe one day when I have enough bricks, I will recreate this out of actual ABS.

Up until I made this MOC in LDD, I had just been buying and putting together official sets off the shelf. Of course that's about all I could do since I had no bricks. But I'm going to start making MOCs soon. I've got one of these Akro-Mils drawer cabinets coming to put bricks in, and then I will start designing a MOC to build. I'm going to start with a beach scene of me, my girlfriend, and our 3 dogs; we got to the beach sometimes for fun, you see. I also kind of want to build a model of my house, but that might be a bit more challenging to get to actually look good, and I will have to learn all kinds of building techniques for that - more of a long-term goal.

#8 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

Great MOD work there 'Zeya', nice little waterfall and excellent minifig of the missing air legend ! :thumbup:
Keep on LDDing 'Zeya' ! :sweet:

#9 Forresto

Forresto

• Soccor Star

Member: 6841

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

I think that what makes it best is that it uses many simple techniques, puts them together and creates something that is mch more then meets the eye. You did a great job with conveying the natural feel to the whole scene. :classic:

I do think poor Amelia is a little too happy though for someone who just crashed on an uncharted island :laugh:

"Be good or don't get caught." I tell my cats this every day - they never listen"
Link to my Flickr
Link to my 'Doctor Who' mocs

Posted Image  Thanks Joey!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users