MOC: Rooftop Final Stand

indexed.gif

This is my newest MOC,

1295021732m_DISPLAY.jpg

1295021756m_SPLASH.jpg

1295021742m_SPLASH.jpg

1295021752m_SPLASH.jpg

Background:

And so as the plague of the Vampire Lord's undead hordes spread throughout the Kingdom, it reached the pearly gates of Castle Leon, the home of the noble "Duke of Orlay".

What started out as an ordinary morning has turned into a chaotic battle to the death, as the lion Knights and their noble Duke retreat to the highest roofs of the castle and make a final stand against the never-ending hoard of zombies.

The menacing minions climb on, however, scaling the brickwork, grappling on to gargoyles and rusty chains as they make their way up, and the Duke fights on the highest tower against the wicked Lord himself; Vlad the Vampire Count.

Just as it seems that the Lion Knights may have a fighting chance, Count Vlad uses his power to call an evil abomination to his aide, and it emerges from the pits of the earth itself, clawing it's way to the top of the tower, tearing the castle to rubble.

I am especially happy with the roof technique, and want to thank ISC for giving me tips on the fire effects. :thumbup:

Comments are welcome! :wink:

*Please note( Could a mod deep-link a photo from my page, I can't seem to get it to work. :wacko: Thank you! )

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I'm not a mod, but here's a deeplinked photo that you could just copy when you edit your post. I must say this is a very well done castle scene, I really like the multi-colored roof design, as well as the effective combination of the dark bley parts with the light bley wall. Great work! :thumbup:

Oh that's fantastic (And thanks to Kieldaman for helping you share that photo)

Love the colours on the roof. Loving the right angle shape also. Very interesting to look at.

The use of wedges to texture the windows. Great. The facing down eagles are also a nice touch.

You must have a serious volume of cheese wedges!

A really nice creation, chock full of detailing which I like to see! The bottom floor for mine could benefit from being a couple of bricks higher as it feels like you are building in two scales.

Is the Dragon bursting through the roof the flame question we spoke of? It looks nice but probably could benefit from more flame work, the burning/splintered timber looks great.

Great job on this beauty. :classic:

Added a couple of pics to your post. You simply Rt click on the splash or full image and copy the link address, then use picture.png icon.

Excellent work 'Sirens-Of-Titan', my favorite part is the knight freeking out over that dragon breaking though the roof - classic ! :laugh:

Great detail and totally Brick On 'Sirens-Of-Titan' ! :grin:

First of all, I am very honored to be frontpaged, thank you all, and thank you ISC! :cry_happy:

I'm not a mod, but here's a deeplinked photo that you could just copy when you edit your post. I must say this is a very well done castle scene, I really like the multi-colored roof design, as well as the effective combination of the dark bley parts with the light bley wall. Great work! :thumbup:

Thank you, yes the roof was my biggest idea I wanted to test in the MOC, both the intact one and the one breaking apart.

Love the colours on the roof. Loving the right angle shape also. Very interesting to look at.

The use of wedges to texture the windows. Great. The facing down eagles are also a nice touch.

You must have a serious volume of cheese wedges!

Thank you. You are looking at 600+ cheese slopes. :grin: If I had my way I would have built a whole castle with this design, but that roof consumed so many parts that it would have been utter madness.

A really nice creation, chock full of detailing which I like to see! The bottom floor for mine could benefit from being a couple of bricks higher as it feels like you are building in two scales.

Is the Dragon bursting through the roof the flame question we spoke of? It looks nice but probably could benefit from more flame work, the burning/splintered timber looks great.

Once again thank you ISC, for the frontpage! :classic: I toned down my fire idea because the dragon was so massive, a lot of flames added to the already saturated look of the roof. And I see what you mean about the scale, I guess I caught that too late into the build to correct it. Thank you for your comments! :sweet:

Awesome MOC, Sirens-Of-Titan!

I love the dragon breaking through the roof, it's such a great idea. :thumbup:

This is a beautifully built castle, Sirens of Titan. All the different techniques you've used in the walls and roof are stunning. My favourite part is the partially-destroyed roof. Thanks for sharing!

Awesome scene!

It very full of action, almost like a capture from a SF movie!

I like how it doesn't need the whole castle to be efficient.

It's a perfect creation for me, I see no bad point :classic:

Congrats for being frontpaged!

I'm a conformist!

Like others have said before me, the scene looks ful of life and you can see that there are things going on.

I had to laugh a bit when I noticed the vampire on the top roof :classic: Good job!

Great! I like the details you put in, such as the Geonosian head, which was the first thing that stood out to me. :tongue:

The design of the creature is also quite nice, as is the roof tiling.

Thanks to all! :thumbup:

The Geonosian heads came to me as I was trying desperately to figure out what else I could use for gargoyles, and they fit the role perfectly. I would love for Lego to release the phoenix mold from the HP line in bley or dark bley. :grin:

(Or mabe get the baby dragon in those colors) :thumbup:

Edited by Sirens-Of-Titan

Great! I like the details you put in, such as the Geonosian head, which was the first thing that stood out to me. :tongue:

The design of the creature is also quite nice, as is the roof tiling.

I think almost everything has been said about this MOC already.

I agree with the others that the roof technique is nice and although I can't see how the dragon is made, it seems quite clever :thumbup:

The only small 'bad' point I could see here is that the parrots on the walls seem to be in a bit of strange position.

I really like the colours you chose for the roof, the mix really looks nice in that setting. I do agree with IScreamClone that the lower floor looks a little short, but I think as you have created a 'cartoon' like fantasy piece which is full of action it does blend in and suits the style.

what a great moc,i really like building techinc and the dragon is pretty neat too

Edited by nindja10

... although I can't see how the dragon is made, it seems quite clever :thumbup:

The only small 'bad' point I could see here is that the parrots on the walls seem to be in a bit of strange position.

The dragon has 3 separate parts; a head region that is build on top of (Black Plate, Modified 2 x 2 with Bar Frame Octagonal) and there is a clip holding the alligator upper jaw in place. The head is attached to a "body" which only has one side, and is attacked on an angled hinge, so that it gives the appearance of bursting through the floor below. The final part is the arm, which is a very simple build, a few bricks and slopes and a hand composed of those exo-force arms in green.

I really like the colors you chose for the roof, the mix really looks nice in that setting. I do agree with IScreamClone that the lower floor looks a little short, but I think as you have created a 'cartoon' like fantasy piece which is full of action it does blend in and suits the style.

Yes, the thing is, it is a cut-off of the top portion of some grand castle. My mistake was cutting it off mid-floor :laugh:

Wow, this is indeed a good MOC

I like the action on the tower, and background story for the vampire count.

The dragon is a remarkable piece of addition to the value of the scene.

And a question too.

¿For the roof you place the cheese pieces on legos assembled in a stair configuration?

And again well done :thumbup:

LOL, that's excellent! I love the look of the tiled roof, and of course the monstor looks very well done indeed! :thumbup:

And a question too.

¿For the roof you place the cheese pieces on legos assembled in a stair configuration?

Yes you are right, the roof is a step-wise series of plates all of them 2 units wide, and the final step is a (Plate Modified 1 x 2 with Door Rail) To give the appearance of a gutter and to look like it completes the roof. Keep in mind this eats up cheese slopes like you wouldn't believe, so if you're ordering them get a few hundred.

Yes you are right, the roof is a step-wise series of plates all of them 2 units wide, and the final step is a (Plate Modified 1 x 2 with Door Rail) To give the appearance of a gutter and to look like it completes the roof. Keep in mind this eats up cheese slopes like you wouldn't believe, so if you're ordering them get a few hundred.

Ok thanks for the answer and the advice. :classic: