Now, on to
The sky remains crisp and clear this morning. The New Year's holiday has fully ended, and the rumble of cars on the road getting back to their regular grind occasionally echo from the distance. Dr. Blutziegel's forehead throbs in a way that it hasn't since his university days. He sits alone in his office.
Nurse Penny informed the staff, "The doctor has requested we come to his office."
The doctor glanced at the head of the King on his table, and then to his staff. He steadied himself as he focused his glare on them.
Thank you all for coming. I don't feel well this morning. The stress of this experience is taking it's toll on me. Dr. Ballbricker, who was the next in line for the PR position?
Ballbricker consulted her notes. "Ryan Catchers, sir. Shall I notify him?" She awaited his answer.
Dr. Blutziegel stood silent, deeply breathing through his nose.
Yes. I will be staying in my office for the day. I will come to the ward at the end of the day. Everything else should continue as per usual.
Ballbricker spoke for everyone, "Understood, doctor. I think it's fair under the circumstances. I'll notify the patients of the situation, although I think they're all pretty much aware at this point."
The doctors and nurses moved to leave the room.
One more thing: Nurse Pepper, I would like you to bring a liter of ketamine to my office before lunch.
Quizzically, Nurse Pepper asked, "But doctor, what do you need anesthetic for? There's no patient here."
Dr. Blutziegel glowered at Pepper.
"I'll be up shortly, sir."
The staff gathered the remaining patients, whose number had shrunk by nearly a third.
Doctor Ballbricker spoke: "Here's the deal. The King? He was Insane. His friend, the Chief? Murdered. He was Insane. And a third patient, Cat Manuel. Murdered. He was Insane. This is a problem. Manuel's death is the third M.O. to surface this week. We're wondering if the Walrus' death gave other ticking tomb bombs the trigger they wanted to indulge their vice...
"The Chief was your PR. Since he's gone, that means Ryan Catchers is your new PR. Congratulations to him." The patients grumbled and looked towards Catchers. Catchers looked to his feet. Ballbricker continued, "Our good doctor plans not to grace us with his presence today, he's, for lack of a better term, occupied. But he wants things to continue as per status quo. We need to find these killers, and that includes us staff too. All of us need to work together to solve this thing." Dr. Rajim and the nurses nodded their heads.
The patients line up at the window to get their days medication and ponder their fate.
Day Four has begun. All remaining players have 48 hours in which to vote on a lynch.
1. There are two opposing sides in this game, the Insane and the Sinister Insane. The Sinister Insane win when they outnumber the Insane and can kill Dr Blutziegel. The Insane win when they’ve killed or lynched all of the Sinister Insane.
2. Each day, the players will vote out one amongst them by lynching the member with the most votes. One vote can cause a lynch. To vote or to take back your vote, you must use the following sentence in your post: vote: character or unvote: character, using bold letters. If you want to change your vote, you must first unvote before the second vote is calculated. If you can't or don't want to vote, you may proxy your vote to another player by using the following sentence: proxy: character. Proxy lasts a single game day, and you can unproxy using the sentence unproxy: character. You may not vote for yourself to be lynched. Your own proxy vote against you will not be counted.
3. Days last 48 hours. Voting begins when the day begins. No waiting is necessary. It ends after 48 hours. Voting can change up until that final moment. Days will start and finish around midnight, Japan-time. Calibrate your clock accordingly.
4. Every player will receive a PM letting them know their positions, and possibly their abilities. These are subject to change, and are part of the game mechanics, and should be treated as such. You are expected to role play until the end of the game.
5. The night abilities have a pre-specified order of effect. ie. role-blocker supercedes killer, so if a role-blocker targets a killer as the killer targets the role-blocker, the role-blocker will live. This list is predetermined and will be revealed after the game has finished. When the day ends, you will have a posted amount of hours in which to submit night moves. The night should last either 24 or 48 hours, depending on my schedule.
6. The Day-topics are meant for active players only, so do not post in them if you are dead. The Discussion-topic is open to everybody to comment on how you like the game, but please do not post anything that might influence game players actions.
7. Do not edit your posts. If you make a mistake and want to correct it, just repost it with an 'Excuse my nonsense above, I meant to say...'
8. Do not directly quote anything I’ve sent to you via PM. Please use your own words, and never post unpostable information, as listed in the PM. Claiming roles in thread is forbidden. Describing roles is okay. (ie. "I'm the cop!" is verboten. "I went through his stuff last night." is perfectly fine.) Do not directly quote other people's PMs. In this game, there is only 'talking,' so there is nothing to quote.
9. PM players as much as you like, just don't call them Potato Messages. No potatoes allowed to inmates. Please be inventive, using your own phrases, like, "Let's speak in the corner."
10. I will be using two voices in the game, the game runner and Dr. Blutziegel. The game runner's rules will always hold true, and be written in plain text. Questions about game rules should be addressed with me via PM or the discussion thread. Hospital rules may be asked in thread to Dr. Blutziegel. Blutziegel will speak in green. Dr. Blutziegel has a low tolerance for inane patient questions.
11. In game, you can't kill/convert/etc. Dr. Blutziegel, so don't waste a night action on it.
12. Breaking a rule or directive will, at least, get you a smack on the head from Dr. B (aka, a penalty vote). At worst, it will involve you being booted from the game.
13. About meta-gaming. As a serial meta-gamer (despite thinking it poor game play), I've designed this game to be anti-meta. Using the number picker at random.org, avatars were assigned rooms, then players were (for the most part) randomly assigned avatars, and after those were settled, roles and powers were randomly assigned. There is no connection between hospital roles and game roles. So have fun in the game, but don't think nurses are being led by the doctors, or there is any meaning between room groupings. If you do, you will shoot yourself in the foot and hurt your team.
Dr Blutziegel (def, NPC)
Dr Ballbricker (Ricecracker)
Dr Rajim (Admiral Ron)
Nurse Pendleton (Zephyr)
Nurse Pepper (Bob the Construction Man)
Nurse Penny (Yumiyoshi)
Perry Noid (ADHO15)
Salvatore Ricardo Samuels (Dragonator)
Señor Canny Bolero (Iamded)
Ryan Catchers (Rick)
Ted Nathan Tompkins (Whitefang)
Sandy Craws (Sandy)
'Mr. Nowhere' (Scouts)
Dougie "Jesus" Douglas (Hinckley)
Petey Pirowski (Peanuts)
'Timtam Timmers', Spacetwin #1 (Lord Arjay)
'Tamtam Timmers', Spacetwin #2 (Quarryman)
Professor Diem (Walter Kovacs)
Misty 'Mrs' Monroe (badboytje88)
Stanley Spussemmin (Cornelius Murdock)
Dudley Eisenhower (MrLegoNinja)
Cookie Custer (Roncanator)
Havel Pavlov (Sok117)
Cameron 'Big Cam' Oaktree (Big Cam) (Insane)
Kevin 'Shadows' Mitchell (Shadows) (Insane, independent)
Sparky Trucks (TinyPiesRUs) (Insane, independent)
Martin Century (Stash2Sixx) (Insane)
The King of Delaware (KingoftheZempk) (Insane)
Chief Washing Bear (JimButcher) (Insane)
Cat Manuel (The Penguin) (Insane)
2. Professor Flitwick
7. Emperor Claudius Rome
8. Captain John Paul