Jump to content


[MOC] Anime girl


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lisqr

lisqr

  • Dr. Lord of Lava


    Posts: 383
    Joined: 28-December 09
    Member: 8776

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

Posted Image
Inspired by brickshelf user tkh's moc, I decided to make one myself.

Posted Image
Mio from anime K-on

Posted Image
back

Posted Image
some action

Posted Image
It can stand on itself, but not very stable.

Posted Image
Thanks for watching.

More on my brickshelf and flickr

Edited by Rufus, 29 May 2011 - 03:39 PM.
Indexed


#2 SilentMode

SilentMode

  • A bronzie that does not endorse whipping


    Posts: 1352
    Joined: 13-May 10
    Member: 10650
    Country: UK

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

No way!  :cry_happy:

Seriously this figure looks awesome, and that's even before seeing the articulation. Great work on the face and clothing.
the infamous SilentMode
crowdfunding yet again for Project Swapfig - ends November 16 2013.
SilentMode.tv | Project Swapfig | @SilentMode1 | Brick Owl store | Flickr
"Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it." - Mahatma Gandhi

#3 buddy

buddy

    Posts: 1520
    Joined: 01-November 10
    Member: 14028
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

Excellent MOC! It looks great and has great functionality and I particularly like the fact that it is poseable.  :classic:
Very well done.  :thumbup:

~buddy~

#4 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

    Posts: 9545
    Joined: 04-February 09
    Member: 5203
    Country: PILIPINAS

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

Wow, I'm really impressed with this creation, not only is the building style unique, but it captures the real look of an anime girl very well. And your source inspirations are very impressive as well. Great job on his one lisqr! :thumbup:

#5 TheDesuComplex

TheDesuComplex

    Posts: 759
    Joined: 02-January 11
    Member: 15094
    Country: United States

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:55 AM

:cry_happy: My god. I didn't believe i'd ever see anything like this done as an MOC. Very good job. I very much like how you used various turntables and hinges to provide brick-built articulation.

Now, if only I had a general guide. If so, I can see me making about 20 of these. Of course, if I post them, I'll give you full credit for design.

Edited by TheDesuComplex, 15 January 2011 - 03:58 AM.

Please follow my ongoing topic of Bionicle and Hero Factory mods!
'Unity is just cheap tactic to make weak Toa stronger!'
Bionicle fans are FOLs too!

#6 lisqr

lisqr

  • Dr. Lord of Lava


    Posts: 383
    Joined: 28-December 09
    Member: 8776

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:12 AM

View PostTheDesuComplex, on 15 January 2011 - 03:55 AM, said:

:cry_happy: My god. I didn't believe i'd ever see anything like this done as an MOC. Very good job. I very much like how you used various turntables and hinges to provide brick-built articulation.

Now, if only I had a general guide. If so, I can see me making about 20 of these. Of course, if I post them, I'll give you full credit for design.

Here is my LDD draft. It's quite different from my final version, mainly due to color limitation (tan clips were never made). Some articulations are also different. But this give you a good idea of the techniques I used. I'm certain that my original inspiration didn't use my technique to invert the cheese slopes. So there could be more than one way to achieve the same effect.

#7 TheDesuComplex

TheDesuComplex

    Posts: 759
    Joined: 02-January 11
    Member: 15094
    Country: United States

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:37 AM

View Postlisqr, on 15 January 2011 - 05:12 AM, said:

Here is my LDD draft. It's quite different from my final version, mainly due to color limitation (tan clips were never made). Some articulations are also different. But this give you a good idea of the techniques I used. I'm certain that my original inspiration didn't use my technique to invert the cheese slopes. So there could be more than one way to achieve the same effect.

Thank you! I see that the top hat is missing, but I'm okay with that. I like how you designed additional heads when you where doing the draft. Also, I can tell that the purple-haired head is Tsukasa from Lucky Star ( :wub: ), but I have no idea who the brown-haired head is supposed to be- mind telling me?
Also, did you design this in Universe mode(Universe Mode Mod)? Now to go check out your MOC's structure...

Edited by TheDesuComplex, 15 January 2011 - 05:40 AM.

Please follow my ongoing topic of Bionicle and Hero Factory mods!
'Unity is just cheap tactic to make weak Toa stronger!'
Bionicle fans are FOLs too!

#8 lisqr

lisqr

  • Dr. Lord of Lava


    Posts: 383
    Joined: 28-December 09
    Member: 8776

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:07 AM

View PostTheDesuComplex, on 15 January 2011 - 05:37 AM, said:

Thank you! I see that the top hat is missing, but I'm okay with that. I like how you designed additional heads when you where doing the draft. Also, I can tell that the purple-haired head is Tsukasa from Lucky Star ( :wub: ), but I have no idea who the brown-haired head is supposed to be- mind telling me?
Also, did you design this in Universe mode(Universe Mode Mod)? Now to go check out your MOC's structure...

You are welcome. I designed it in Universe mode, because a lot of bricks have never been made in the color I want, such as the brown curves.

The brown head is Haruhi Suzumiya. But her ribbon is a bit small in my version.

#9 TheDesuComplex

TheDesuComplex

    Posts: 759
    Joined: 02-January 11
    Member: 15094
    Country: United States

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:22 AM

Oh, I see. Well, while I was waiting for your reply, I took a look at the techniques using the 'Hide Bricks' tool, and I'm going to try making one. Let's just hope Black Rock Shooter comes out looking right.
Please follow my ongoing topic of Bionicle and Hero Factory mods!
'Unity is just cheap tactic to make weak Toa stronger!'
Bionicle fans are FOLs too!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users