Last time in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum
Now, on to
Today is a little colder than yesterday. A morning mist blankets the land, leaving precipitation condensing on the windows.
Dr. Blutziegel enters the staff area, a deadened scowl across his face. He stands, pauses, and collects himself.
Cameron was Insane. He was in no way Sinister. An innocent man has been condemned to death.
Nurse Pendleton sipped his coffee, unfazed. Dr. Ballbricker quickly addressed Dr. Blutziegel; "Well, do you want to continue this? Do you think they'll do any better today?"
Will you do any better today? Staff is equally responsible for this death. If you had proposed a correct candidate, perhaps an innocent corpse wouldn't be taking up space on my operating table.
Eyes wide, Dr. Rajim politely exclaimed, "This kind of sacrifice would be unacceptable in my country! I am respectfully shocked at the events that are happening at the present time in this facility." Demurely he stepped back from the conversation, wary of Dr. Blutziegel's glare. Behind him, Nurse Pepper's sweet trill could be heard, "One... two... four... Oh! Fiddlesticks! I've lost count!" Giggles emanated from the other side of the pill dispensary.
Regardless, we have no other course of action. Any involvement of the authorities in this matter will mean the end of my hospital, and I won't allow that.
We will continue.
Bluziegel sauntered to the Monkey Room, to acknowledge the four patients left with an empty bed to haunt their nights.
As you saw yesterday evening, you will not have your bunk mate Cameron back again. I am very sorry for the sense of loss you might experience. It was entirely regrettable.
Salvatore sucked on his teeth and rolled his eyes, while Canny twitched his maracas in his hands. The sound of dried beans scraping on wood filled the silence.
"Can I have his pillow?" asked Perry. "It's so much better than mine. I suffer terrible headaches. It's entirely unfair." Sparky Trucks stared off into middle-distance and began emitting a high-pitch nasal tone that slowly rose in frequency.
The fair doctor stared at the four, and discordant thoughts tumbled over in his head. Without a word, he leaves them to start a new day.
Day two has begun. All remaining players have 48 hours in which to vote on a lynch.
1. There are two opposing sides in this game, the Insane and the Sinister Insane. The Sinister Insane win when they outnumber the Insane and can kill Dr Blutziegel. The Insane win when they’ve killed or lynched all of the Sinister Insane.
2. Each day, the players will vote out one amongst them by lynching the member with the most votes. One vote can cause a lynch. To vote or to take back your vote, you must use the following sentence in your post: vote: character or unvote: character, using bold letters. If you want to change your vote, you must first unvote before the second vote is calculated. If you can't or don't want to vote, you may proxy your vote to another player by using the following sentence: proxy: character. Proxy lasts a single game day, and you can unproxy using the sentence unproxy: character. You may not vote for yourself to be lynched. Your own proxy vote against you will not be counted.
3. Days last 48 hours. Voting begins when the day begins. No waiting is necessary. It ends after 48 hours. Voting can change up until that final moment. Days will start and finish around midnight, Japan-time. Calibrate your clock accordingly.
4. Every player will receive a PM letting them know their positions, and possibly their abilities. These are subject to change, and are part of the game mechanics, and should be treated as such. You are expected to role play until the end of the game.
5. The night abilities have a pre-specified order of effect. ie. role-blocker supercedes killer, so if a role-blocker targets a killer as the killer targets the role-blocker, the role-blocker will live. This list is predetermined and will be revealed after the game has finished. When the day ends, you will have a posted amount of hours in which to submit night moves. The night should last either 24 or 48 hours, depending on my schedule.
6. The Day-topics are meant for active players only, so do not post in them if you are dead. The Discussion-topic is open to everybody to comment on how you like the game, but please do not post anything that might influence game players actions.
7. Do not edit your posts. If you make a mistake and want to correct it, just repost it with an 'Excuse my nonsense above, I meant to say...'
8. Do not directly quote anything I’ve sent to you via PM. Please use your own words, and never post unpostable information, as listed in the PM. Claiming roles in thread is forbidden. Describing roles is okay. (ie. "I'm the cop!" is verboten. "I went through his stuff last night." is perfectly fine.) Do not directly quote other people's PMs. In this game, there is only 'talking,' so there is nothing to quote.
9. PM players as much as you like, just don't call them Potato Messages. No potatoes allowed to inmates. Please be inventive, using your own phrases, like, "Let's speak in the corner."
10. I will be using two voices in the game, the game runner and Dr. Blutziegel. The game runner's rules will always hold true, and be written in plain text. Questions about game rules should be addressed with me via PM or the discussion thread. Hospital rules may be asked in thread to Dr. Blutziegel. Blutziegel will speak in green. Dr. Blutziegel has a low tolerance for inane patient questions.
11. In game, you can't kill/convert/etc. Dr. Blutziegel, so don't waste a night action on it.
12. Breaking a rule or directive will, at least, get you a smack on the head from Dr. B (aka, a penalty vote). At worst, it will involve you being booted from the game.
13. About meta-gaming. As a serial meta-gamer (despite thinking it poor game play), I've designed this game to be anti-meta. Using the number picker at random.org, avatars were assigned rooms, then players were (for the most part) randomly assigned avatars, and after those were settled, roles and powers were randomly assigned. There is no connection between hospital roles and game roles. So have fun in the game, but don't think nurses are being led by the doctors, or there is any meaning between room groupings. If you do, you will shoot yourself in the foot and hurt your team.
Dr Blutziegel (def, NPC)
Dr Ballbricker (Ricecracker)
Dr Rajim (Admiral Ron)
Nurse Pendleton (Zepher)
Nurse Pepper (Bob the Construction Man)
Nurse Penny (Yumiyoshi)
Sparky Trucks (TinyPiesRUs)
Perry Noid (ADHO15)
Salvatore Ricardo Samuels (Dragonator)
Señor Canny Bolero (Iamded)
Ryan Catchers (Rick)
Ted Nathan Tompkins (Whitefang)
Sandy Craws (Sandy)
Cat Manuel (The Penguin)
The King of Delaware (KingoftheZempk)
'Mr. Nowhere' (Scouts)
Chief Washing Bear (JimButcher)
Dougie "Jesus" Douglas (Hinckley)
Petey Pirowski (Peanuts)
'Timtam Timmers', Spacetwin #1 (Lord Arjay)
'Tamtam Timmers', Spacetwin #2 (Quarryman)
Professor Diem (Walter Kovacs)
Kevin 'Shadows' Mitchell (Shadows)
Misty 'Mrs' Monroe (badboytje88)
Martin Century (Stash2Sixx)
Stanley Spussemmin (Cornelius Murdock)
Dudley Eisenhower (MrLegoNinja)
Cookie Custer (Roncanator)
Havel Pavlov (Sok117)
Cameron 'Big Cam' Oaktree (Insane)
2. Professor Flitwick
7. Emperor Claudius Rome
8. Captain John Paul