Terra Volcanis

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic  – Started by I Scream Clone , Jan 06 2011 09:50 AM

#26 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

Wow, you have done it again ISC, yet another masterful creation from you! Everything is just wonderfully-made, from the brickbuilt volcano, flowing lava, the effective positioning and appropriate facial expressions of the panicking Islanders, to the uniquely-built island base. Just another excellent masterpiece, amazing work! :thumbup:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#27 Rufus

Rufus
  • Schnell! Schnell! Kartoffelkopf!

Member: 6705

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

Wow, this is absolutely beautiful, ISC.  All those dark bley slopes on the volcano must have taken ages, and as many have said, the lava flow is a masterpiece.  :thumbup:

Shame the islanders have to run away in a panic.  You'd have think they might have chosen their island of residence more carefully!  Or at least seen this coming ... :laugh:

#28 Wout

Wout

Member: 1485

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

What a great moc.
I love the little volcano and the landscape.
Poor Islanders. :pir-cry_sad:

View PostI Scream Clone, on 06 January 2011 - 09:50 AM, said:

Posted Image
Why is my behind so warm? :pir-laugh:
Duke of Equestria

#29 smittyfan

smittyfan

Member: 14280

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

wow... that is simply awesome!!! :pir-classic:  too bad the islanders don't seem to think so... :pir_laugh2:
With LEGO anything is possible... Like... LEGO FROZEN!!

#30 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone
  • Returning Nocturnian Master

Member: 2955

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:01 PM

View PostRick, on 08 January 2011 - 01:52 PM, said:

I also like the flaming bits landing on the beach and palm trees. But the construction and posing of all the figs is really well done, they really are the icing on the cake and add so much life to the scene.

Thanks Rick, the posing is such an important part for me when it comes to lifting the MOC, and I think people need to take the time with posing. Posing figs just straight on bases doesn't bring as much emotion to the whole thing.

View PostSaxon, on 08 January 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

What is this black thing next to volcano crater?

I think you mean the tropical parrot. There are three different bird designs in the MOC.

View PostRufus, on 08 January 2011 - 05:57 PM, said:

Shame the islanders have to run away in a panic.  You'd have think they might have chosen their island of residence more carefully!  Or at least seen this coming ... :laugh:

That's the trouble with Volcano deities I guess, always erupting when its dinner time! Moving isn't ideal because the land mass always increases make the island worth more money over time  :pir-laugh:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

#31 Masked Builder

Masked Builder
  • Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:39 AM

A great looking island!  (except for the volcano which by the way is amazing!)  And those trees are quite innovative. :thumbup:   I'd love to take a vacation there. :pir-grin:
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 In Heroica RPG, In The Hall
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#32 Linko

Linko

Member: 15295

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

Very nice island! :pir-cry_happy:
A great effect! Congratulations!

#33 -obelix-

-obelix-

Member: 8242

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:53 AM

Great looking MOC! The way lava flow is done is amazing; so realistic! :pir-laugh:

I also like the volcano and the palm trees. I've never seen palm trunks built that way but it looks really good! All the Islanders are great but the one loosing his balance is the most interesting! ;)

Posted Image

Thalion Dwinlas, Level 19 Elven Sorcerer in Sandy's Heroica RPG

O'Blix, Level 31 Goblin Regulator in Cruel Angel's Thesis

#34 TheBrickster

TheBrickster
  • Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:07 AM

I've been meaning to comment ISC.  This is truly spectacular.

You've managed to capture outstanding design, action, movement, color, and humor (and more) all within this fantastic creation. I love the volcano and natives (of which I don't own one :pir-sad: ).

The color pops with the brilliance of the changing depths of the water and inclusion of swimmers.  Equally nice is the lush greenery used with palms.

This sort of MOC separates the boys from the men, and I must say, your the Man!  :thumbup:

Top notch!

EDIT: you're going to have a hard time topping this one.

#35 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone
  • Returning Nocturnian Master

Member: 2955

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:15 AM

Thanks again for the comments people, really appreciate you stopping by to take a look and comment. :pir-sweet:

View PostTheBrickster, on 12 January 2011 - 05:07 AM, said:

I've been meaning to comment ISC.  This is truly spectacular.

You've managed to capture outstanding design, action, movement, color, and humor (and more) all within this fantastic creation. I love the volcano and natives (of which I don't own one :pir-sad: ).

This sort of MOC separates the boys from the men, and I must say, your the Man!  :thumbup:
Thanks buddy, an in-depth analysis of all the things I try to infuse into all large MOC's I make, thanks! :pir-wub: I strongly urge you to get some Islanders of some kind, the colour palette for Island MOC's is great.

View PostTheBrickster, on 12 January 2011 - 05:07 AM, said:

EDIT: you're going to have a hard time topping this one.
...and that's the fun of LEGO isn't it, trying to top yourself design wise each time.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links