Hoverlego

7 replies to this topic

#1 Toa_Of_Justice

Toa_Of_Justice

Member: 2644

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

UPDATE - Dec. 13, 2011: Real pics have been added--see this post.

After seeing the Assoluto Pronzione in Ridge Racer 7, I was inspired to build my own racing hovercar, the Hoverlego (pronounced huh-VER-leh-GO).

Posted Image
^Click for Brickshelf gallery.^

Click here to download the LXF file.

The Hoverlego features the following:

• Four spinning, directable fans (each can rotate 360 degrees)
  • Three maneuvering flaps (two side wings and one tail rudder)
  • Opening cockpit
  • Clear elements on the bottom to simulate hovering
  • Female pilot (Veronica)
This model was made entirely within Design byME, so it's buyable! :grin:

-Toa Of Justice

P.S. I know the Hoverlego doesn't resemble the Pronzione much, but it's not meant to--it's supposed to be my own design.

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice, 13 December 2011 - 10:31 PM.

Tinker Posted Image Bell | 21103 Posted Image Revamp | iWin Posted Image Dual Device Dock

Please see my Brickshelf gallery for more MOCs!

I don't mind if anyone borrows any part of any of my MOCs. Please be sure to give me credit though.

#2 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:47 AM

Wow, I simply love this Hovercar, excellent futuristic design in very regal all-red color scheme. :wub: Outstanding work! :thumbup: And thanks for sharing the LXF, do you mind if I use some of the elements of this hovercraft for future speeder MOCs?

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#3 Toa_Of_Justice

Toa_Of_Justice

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

View PostKielDaMan, on 04 January 2011 - 02:47 AM, said:

Wow, I simply love this Hovercar, excellent futuristic design in very regal all-red color scheme. :wub: Outstanding work! :thumbup: And thanks for sharing the LXF, do you mind if I use some of the elements of this hovercraft for future speeder MOCs?
Thanks, KielDaMan! :grin: Yes, you (and everyone else) may borrow whatever elements you wish, but it would be nice if you (and everyone else) gave me credit for my original hovercar design. :wink:

-Toa Of Justice

Tinker Posted Image Bell | 21103 Posted Image Revamp | iWin Posted Image Dual Device Dock

I don't mind if anyone borrows any part of any of my MOCs. Please be sure to give me credit though.

#4 Rook

Rook

• BW2013 MEGA Creation "Winner"

Member: 2903

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

I’m totally not a fan of LDD. But this actually looks good. And surprisingly you made it look good in LDD.  :thumbup:
Posted Image
Signature by RΟΟK, on Flickr

#5 Toa_Of_Justice

Toa_Of_Justice

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

View PostRook, on 05 January 2011 - 05:26 PM, said:

I’m totally not a fan of LDD. But this actually looks good. And surprisingly you made it look good in LDD.  :thumbup:
Thanks! :grin: The good looks are probably due to the new brick shading and outlining abilities of LDD4--I set mine at maximum for taking screenshots of the Hoverlego.

-Toa Of Justice

#6 Toa_Of_Justice

Toa_Of_Justice

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

I realize it's been nearly a year since I posted this MOC. I bought the Hoverlego from Design byME in early February, but I never got around to photographing it until now. Besides being busy with college work back then, here's why...

One day, I discovered that the tail rudder was not on straight. That was because the rear mounting posts were misaligned. I later discovered that there were two variants of the piece I used for the top mounting post (Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Arm Up)--one with an horizontal arm length of 6mm, and another of 5mm. After taking some measurements, I confirmed that LEGO had sent me the 6mm variant, which was out of alignment with the bottom mounting post (Plate, Modified 1 x 4 with Arm Down).

I promptly scoured my collection to see whether I had any spare 5mm variants. Unfortunately, the only one I seemed to have was lodged deeply in 5983 SP Undercover Cruiser, and it had to stay there for that model to function properly. Thankfully, I discovered an amazing BrickLink store called NEBUCHANDNEZZA, whose owner differentiated between the two variants. Since that store had many other parts I needed, I placed an order, explaining the need for the 5mm variant. The owner graciously measured the part for me, and it was in fact 5mm. At the owner's request, I have taken real pictures of the Hoverlego.

Click any picture (except the front and back views of the model itself) to enlarge it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I made a few changes on the bottom from the original version for extra stability while on display (the two additional clear boat studs help keep the front and rear elevated).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's the Hoverlego flying...

Spoiler

Click here to return to the original post with the LDD version.

-Toa Of Justice

#7 Ceroknight

Ceroknight

• Straight Up Cero!

Member: 12949

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:25 AM

Future Ferrari? :tongue:
Looks great! :sweet:
Ceroknight
Posted Image Posted Image
Photo by Librarian-bot:His Fantastic Deviantart page
Brickset  Flickr

#8 Toa_Of_Justice

Toa_Of_Justice

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

View Postceroknight, on 14 December 2011 - 07:25 AM, said:

Future Ferrari? :tongue:
Looks great! :sweet:
Thanks! :classic: I admit that the Hoverlego looks something like a Ferrari Formula 1 racer (not necessarily my intent--it just turned out that way), and who knows, maybe someday F1 cars will fly...

-Toa Of Justice

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users