It's a cold, brisk morning. The patients are on the verge of a tizzy, knowing they are locked in with murderers. But, ever the consummate professional, Dr. Blutziegel attempts to organize and restrain his frantic captives.
Ah, Dr. Blutziegel speaks...
Patients, as has been the case in the past, I dislike being directly involved with you sorry, sorry people, so I request you to elect a Patients Representative. This position is of minor power, and you will vote for it. Staff, as you have direct contact with me, you need not take part. Patients, the person you elect will be your liaison with me, so, choose responsibly.
Let me know your decision by lunch time.
Nurse Penny listened raptly, shocked that Dr. Blutziegel would ever give any patients any responsibility. Up to now, it was unheard of. Ryan Catchers on the other hand was put off at the notion of having to participate
At the back of the room, the Spacetwins tittered, unaware of the seriousness of the situation. Big Cam was just happy to be there.
Patients have 36 game hours to elect the Patients Representative (PR). This position will give the player a minor night role (in addition to, and not conflicting with, any arising from their pre-set roles) and the PR will be the deciding vote in the case of a tie. The PR cannot be unelected, and will only be replaced in the case of death. In that case, the second highest vote-getter will become the PR. Patients may campaign to be elected in any manner they please. Staff may not vote, but they can show support for candidates in any way they please. Proxy voting is not applicable for this vote.
Because of this special vote, Day One will be an extended 84 hour day. The first 36 hours to vote for the PR, the latter 48 to vote to lynch, as usual. Dr. Bloodbrick's announcement of the PR will signal the voting to start.
Normally, days will be starting at midnight (Japan time), but this first day is starting at noon, mainly because it's New Years, and I'm at home, and can answer any questions you have about the PR role.
Good luck, everyone!
1. There are two opposing sides in this game, the Insane and the Sinister Insane. The Sinister Insane win when they outnumber the Insane and can kill Dr Blutziegel. The Insane win when they’ve killed or lynched all of the Sinister Insane.
2. Each day, the players will vote out one amongst them by lynching the member with the most votes. One vote can cause a lynch. To vote or to take back your vote, you must use the following sentence in your post: vote: character or unvote: character, using bold letters. If you want to change your vote, you must first unvote before the second vote is calculated. If you can't or don't want to vote, you may proxy your vote to another player by using the following sentence: proxy: character. Proxy lasts a single game day, and you can unproxy using the sentence unproxy: character. You may not vote for yourself to be lynched. Your own proxy vote against you will not be counted.
3. Days last 48 hours. Voting begins when the day begins. No waiting is necessary. It ends after 48 hours. Voting can change up until that final moment. Days will start and finish around midnight, Japan-time. Calibrate your clock accordingly.
4. Every player will receive a PM letting them know their positions, and possibly their abilities. These are subject to change, and are part of the game mechanics, and should be treated as such. You are expected to role play until the end of the game.
5. The night abilities have a pre-specified order of effect. ie. role-blocker supercedes killer, so if a role-blocker targets a killer as the killer targets the role-blocker, the role-blocker will live. This list is predetermined and will be revealed after the game has finished. When the day ends, you will have a posted amount of hours in which to submit night moves. The night should last either 24 or 48 hours, depending on my schedule.
6. The Day-topics are meant for active players only, so do not post in them if you are dead. The Discussion-topic is open to everybody to comment on how you like the game, but please do not post anything that might influence game players actions.
7. Do not edit your posts. If you make a mistake and want to correct it, just repost it with an 'Excuse my nonsense above, I meant to say...'
8. Do not directly quote anything I’ve sent to you via PM. Please use your own words, and never post unpostable information, as listed in the PM. Claiming roles in thread is forbidden. Describing roles is okay. (ie. "I'm the cop!" is verboten. "I went through his stuff last night." is perfectly fine.) Do not directly quote other people's PMs. In this game, there is only 'talking,' so there is nothing to quote.
9. PM players as much as you like, just don't call them Potato Messages. No potatoes allowed to inmates. Please be inventive, using your own phrases, like, "Let's speak in the corner."
10. I will be using two voices in the game, the game runner and Dr. Blutziegel. The game runner's rules will always hold true, and be written in plain text. Questions about game rules should be addressed with me via PM or the discussion thread. Hospital rules may be asked in thread to Dr. Blutziegel. Blutziegel will speak in green. Dr. Blutziegel has a low tolerance for inane patient questions.
11. In game, you can't kill/convert/etc. Dr. Blutziegel, so don't waste a night action on it.
12. Breaking a rule or directive will, at least, get you a smack on the head from Dr. B (aka, a penalty vote). At worst, it will involve you being booted from the game.
13. About meta-gaming. As a serial meta-gamer (despite thinking it poor game play), I've designed this game to be anti-meta. Using the number picker at random.org, avatars were assigned rooms, then players were (for the most part) randomly assigned avatars, and after those were settled, roles and powers were randomly assigned. There is no connection between hospital roles and game roles. So have fun in the game, but don't think nurses are being led by the doctors, or there is any meaning between room groupings. If you do, you will shoot yourself in the foot and hurt your team.
Dr Blutziegel (def, NPC)
Dr Ballbricker (Ricecracker)
Dr Rajim (Admiral Ron)
Nurse Pendleton (Zephyr)
Nurse Pepper (Bob the Construction Man)
Nurse Penny (Yumiyoshi)
Sparky Trucks (TinyPiesRUs)
Perry Noid (ADHO15)
Salvatore Ricardo Samuels (Dragonator)
Cameron 'Big Cam' Oaktree (Big Cam)
Señor Canny Bolero (Iamded)
Ryan Catchers (Rick)
Ted Nathan Tompkins (Whitefang)
Sandy Craws (Sandy)
Cat Manuel (The Penguin)
The King of Delaware (KingoftheZempk)
'Mr. Nowhere' (Scouts)
Chief Washing Bear (JimButcher)
Dougie "Jesus" Douglas (Hinckley)
Petey Pirowski (Peanuts)
'Timtam Timmers', Spacetwin #1 (Lord Arjay)
'Tamtam Timmers', Spacetwin #2 (Quarryman)
Professor Diem (Walter Kovacs)
Kevin 'Shadows' Mitchell (Shadows)
Misty 'Mrs' Monroe (badboytje88)
Martin Century (Stash2Sixx)
Stanley Spussemmin (Cornelius Murdock)
Dudley Eisenhower (MrLegoNinja)
Cookie Custer (Roncanator)
Havel Pavlov (Sok117)
2. Professor Flitwick
7. Emperor Claudius Rome
8. Captain John Paul