REVIEW: 3648 Police Chase

32 replies to this topic

Poll: On a scale of 1 to 5 (32 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this set?

1. 1 - Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 - Below Average (4 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. 3 - Average (9 votes [28.12%])

Percentage of vote: 28.12%

4. 4 - Above Average (12 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

5. 5 - Outstanding (7 votes [21.88%])

Percentage of vote: 21.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 ukaskew

ukaskew

Member: 15588

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

Great review, mine arrived from S@H yesterday and it really is a great set, both cars are fantastic with some interesting design features. A little expensive, but I'm trying to collect all the 'new-style' cars so this was a no-brainer for me.

#27 Zoidy

Zoidy

Member: 15210

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

A little pricey, I agree, but I do like the Police car.  Finally bought mine a couple of weeks ago, had a bit of fun building but would have expected a bit more for the cost.

#28 Strikeman

Strikeman

Member: 13906

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

There's a promo over here in Belgium at the moment which consists of a combination of this set and set 3661, Bank & Money transfer, for a total of 50€. :thumbup:

I might have to buy it for that price as the S@H price for both is 90€... *huh*

#29 Artifex

Artifex

Member: 11066

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

I couldn't find this info so...

Is this an exclusive set? It's not (yet?) on sale at the Lego S@H...

Or is it not available yet?
Posted Image

#30 sharky

sharky

Member: 17931

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:13 PM

View Postsens1992, on 29 December 2010 - 11:44 PM, said:

Thanks for your review mifody!  This is in my opinion a weird set.  I don't understand the purpose of the three wheeled bike as I have never seen one in an urban setting...  With that said, the cop car looks good and a female police officer is a great addition to the LEGO city police force!
I agree about the 3-wheeled bike.  It would be one thing if this was some sort of beach patrol setting, but I don't think that was the intent.  Besides, does anyone use 3-wheelers these days?  I thought all the manufacturers switched to 4 wheels a long time ago due to safety concerns.  I think a police motorcycle would be more appropriate, but since we already have a motorcycle set I suppose this is not a bad choice.  That is if you simply take the bike and use it in another setting.

View PostMr. Elijah Timms, on 11 April 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

It's strange that they'd hold this one for a later release and/or exclusive-- I'd have thought perhaps Prison Transport or something might have packed a little more punch.  Even with the Bank & Money Transfer, I'm really looking forward to adding this chase car to the squad!

PS-- Almost forgot, Hey Look, I'm a KNIGHT!!
I am trying to be selective in the Police themed sets that I get as I try to get sets that my daughter can enjoy as much as me.   :grin:   I am particularly fond of any Police set that incorporates civilians like the Bank & Money Transfer.  So, while there are drawbacks to this set the fact that there is a civilian car and a police woman make it something I think I would like to get.

#31 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:47 PM

View PostArtifex, on 06 July 2011 - 08:00 PM, said:

I couldn't find this info so...

Is this an exclusive set? It's not (yet?) on sale at the Lego S@H...

Or is it not available yet?

It's not available in the US either...
Clone Army-124 & counting...

#32 Duck

Duck

• scRubber Duck

Member: 4078

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

In danger of sounding like a parrot of what I've mentioned in other reviews in the past few minutes, this is one of the sets I purchased today and is among the first City sets I've bought since adulthood.

I got this one reduced to £15 in the Lego shop in Liverpool today, which was a nice find! I had considered getting the forest police car set, but the reduction in price swung this one for me as there was a lot for the money - especially for someone trying to build their small city collection for as little money as possible.

The police car looks very good, and gives the impression of being very speedy! The sports car certainly gives that impression also.

The police tricycle is simple but effective, if slightly illogical for the setting.

The traffic lights and speed camera are a a nice little bonus also.

For the price I got it for, I cant fault it to be honest!

Edited by Duck, 15 January 2012 - 02:26 AM.

#33 Brickmamba

Brickmamba

Member: 17142

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:58 AM

Thanks for the review, the cars look really great, just swap over some better looking wheels  :devil:
My Flickr
My Instagram @kjavis

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users