wooootles

Modular Building 2011

Hey all, seems like a year ago talks were already in full force regarding Grand Emporium being Modular 2010 and it's got us chatting up until release.

But so far, not much buzz for Modular 2011?

Will there be a release? Any idea what they would be? I heard murmurs in the City thread about some petshop, but that's about it, and I can't even find those murmrus again.

Anyone else have info?

They make a new one every year or 2 so dont worry whether were getting one or not because we should be, and I say a pet sop would be nice but thats the surprise to see what the building will be. :classic:

Well, if there's a modular in 2011 then it's more tightly guarded than ever. 10211's images didn't surface until weeks before release, but it was known to be a dept. store months prior. This year no one even knows for sure!

Well, if there's a modular in 2011 then it's more tightly guarded than ever. 10211's images didn't surface until weeks before release, but it was known to be a dept. store months prior. This year no one even knows for sure!

thats quite true actually.

We will know more about the set on the 16-17 of January, with a release on the 1st of March!

We will know more about the set on the 16-17 of January, with a release on the 1st of March!

Really? NICE! Are you sure?

A pet shop? Cool! I thought I heard that it'd maybe be a city square-type thing. Maybe that wasn't the modular, but it would be neat, I'm sure. If it is, my thoughts would be that it would contain:

one smaller building, and on the back corner (like the Grand Emporium's) it would have a huge baseplate with the city square/farmer's market.

NOTE: This is NOT anything for sure, just what I thought I heard, and my guess on how it MIGHT look, if it is anything more than an "I wish they'd make a..." set.

-Santhor

My thoughts: I'd love to see a Hospital. This would be a perfect addition to the Modular line, three floors to put plenty of details with enough roof space to include a helipad. A modular bank would also be very cool, but there's a bank already announced in the City line, so I think it would be unlikely. Time will tell though...

Which event does that coincide with?

Which event does that coincide with?

Brickvention Australia Lego Convention - 16th January 2011

or a toyshop

Grand emporium is already a toy store on the 2nd floor!

I also believe it will be a post office, it seems much more likely than a pet shop, as the post office theme has been done before and they wouldn't have to make many new pieces.

I also believe it will be a post office, it seems much more likely than a pet shop, as the post office theme has been done before and they wouldn't have to make many new pieces.

They wouldn't have to make many new pieces for a pet shop either. :classic: There are countless minifig animals in the LEGO range: Monkeys, mice, cats, dogs, rabbits, parrots, frogs, bats, etc.

I'd be happy with either choice though. :thumbup:

Brickvention Australia Lego Convention - 16th January 2011

Oh wow, looks like I'll be present at the unveiling! I wonder if the man himself, Jamie Berard, will be there???

They wouldn't have to make many new pieces for a pet shop either. :classic: There are countless minifig animals in the LEGO range: Monkeys, mice, cats, dogs, rabbits, parrots, frogs, bats, etc.

I'd be happy with either choice though. :thumbup:

Don't forget 2011 summer's chickens and goats! Personally, I don't think it will be a post office, because we already have a small post office in the GG. Also, I'd love it if it was a pet shop AND a post office, but that'd be too much like the Grocer. I don't think people would make a pet shop with a post office on top though, what with allergies and all that. :hmpf_bad: However, waiting and being surprised is not a bad thing.

-Santhor

Yes but those post boxes were for the residents of the GG.

Good point. By the way, thanks The Soup Nazi, for pointing out the fire hydrant-Fire Brigade thing. Very nice observation. I can't help but wonder if it's a coincidence or if it means something?

-Santhor