eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

Heard rumors about series 5 coming in may 2011 in purple bags.

Anyone heard anything that could confirm?

I think it's way to early to trust rumors about the figures, but the bags could be purple. Or something else. I don't know. We will find out. :tongue:

I think it's way to early to trust rumors about the figures, but the bags could be purple. Or something else. I don't know. We will find out. :tongue:

The rumor is from dealers catalouge. I havnt seen it my self but someone has seen it. and its purple with series 4 pictures on it for now.

Edited by eiker86

I too reckon that Series 5 will be released in July/August, because their seems to be a new series released once every three months and Series 4 will be released in April/May, so Series 5 will be released in July/August. I would like to see Series 5 have purple packets. :thumbup:

~buddy~

I heard the bags will be transparent! :tongue:

I wish.

They should put them in little boxes, Kind of like the ones that hold batteries. :classic:

I heard the bags will be transparent! :tongue:

No need. We've got the dot system for Series 3 and presumably Series 4, and even if TLG gets rid of that they still need a method of identification- it's just a matter of time before someone figures it out. Worst case scenario, we break out the precision scales and weigh the packets, since with different parts the minifigs should each have different weights.

Wow, can I start a Minifigures Series 6 thread? I have no info to share either :thumbdown:

NEW PICTURE!

Edited by Erdbeereis
Please don't post pics that say confidential on them. You can post a link if you want.

Wow! Midget clown, boxer, Royal Guard, Gladiator, Godzilla! Great selection. Can't wait to see more pics. BTW, why are there only 9 figs?

That royal gaurd is awesome, another torso for the pirate fanatics!

Wow! Midget clown, boxer, Royal Guard, Gladiator, Godzilla! Great selection. Can't wait to see more pics. BTW, why are there only 9 figs?

You sure it's a midget? I guess.. midget clown? Wait.. that's politically incorrect, so my apologies - vertically challenged clown? Thought it might be a ventriloquist dummy, but then why would it have a pie?

I'm also not shocked in the least (if you follow the "what minifigures are missing" thread) that we now have a cave woman and... what's that one on the left? Cleopatra? That's awesome!

I'm guessing the guy who looks vaguely like an explorer is supposed to be Sherlock Holmes (which is out of copyright, I guess, so no licensing).

It also makes me think the Gorilla suit guy was not supposed to be some circus performer, but King Kong on a movie set, and now we'll get Godzilla - the MOC practically makes itself.

Edit: Little disappointed in the dwarf, seeing as how it's not been that long (relatively speaking) since the demise of Fantasy Era, although at least it's got cool new markings.

Edited by fred67

It also makes me think the Gorilla suit guy was not supposed to be some circus performer, but King Kong on a movie set, and now we'll get Godzilla - the MOC practically makes itself.

Exactly. That's why I need to go find a Gorilla :laugh:

Nice! That British soldier will be the perfect opponent for a modded S4 Musketeer, and is that a conquistador in the back?

I really Like the Pie! A new add for my medieval Bakery. Also Great new headgears. Really like the Godzilla.

O yes and we almost forgot, now we can give our US troeps a lego (Yellow) head for the army helmets instead of the star wars fleshies :D

and is that a conquistador in the back?

I'm pretty sure it's a gladiator with a helmet like this:

papo_Gladiator.jpg

My jaw hit the floor when I saw the cavewoman. I always wanted one to go with my caveman, but I didn't seriously expect one.

My girlfriend says the gladiator is a 'myrmillo'.

The Queen's Guard, I'll have to do some research to see how well it fits in with my Pirates theme. I think the shako works better than the weird fur hat thing, which doesn't seem very nautical at all. Not that a shako seems nautical, but whatever.

Maybe in the London Chase from POTC, though...

Interesting preview! I suppose there are only 9 minifigs because it's a preview, not because future series will have fewer than 16 different minifigs? Anyway, I like the idea of fleshing out previously introduced 'themes', like the cavewoman completes the caveman, the Godzilla suit goes well with the King Kong one, the Egyptian woman after we got a pharaoh... In my opinion a different type of clown wasn't really necessary, but the pie is a welcome addition to the limited variety of Lego foods! Can't wait for more details on this new series.

Glad to see we're not dissing the gorilla any more... :hmpf: but on a serious note this is great news, although Series 4 isn't even out yet.

I'm keeping my eye on quite a few of these, particularly the females, the fighter, the clown and the guard. Assuming there are still more to see, I can't wait for the rest.

Edited by SilentMode

I'm pretty sure it's a gladiator with a helmet like this:

[snip]

MegaBloks. Oh well, he's pretty nice, too.