Dan the Brickman

ToR - Holiday Special - The Comic!

So, as I have been trying some new things, and decided to make it in a comic format, instead of just a photo series, its taking a little longer then I thought. :pir-wink:

So, here is PART 1

(I will post in 2, or 3 parts, depending on time I take playing around with the photos, work schedule)

The Tournament of Retribution-Holiday Special!

ToR%20Holiday%20001.jpg

ToR%20Holiday%20002.jpg

ToR%20Holiday%20003.jpg

ToR%20Holiday%20004.jpg

Will the Red and Blue sides finally settle their differences? What is the blue avenger up to? Will Skaldyr be fish food?

These questions and more, to be answered tomorrow! (In part 2!)

:jollyroger:

Part 2!

ToR%20Holiday%20005.jpg

ToR%20Holiday%20006.jpg

ToR%20Holiday%20007.jpg

Is the Blue Avenger just after his share of pie? :pir-hmpf_bad:

Did Skalldyr get eaten??? :pir-cry_sad:

And why is Ratshot up a tree??? :pir-oh:

The plot thins in the next exciting installment!! :pir-tongue:

The conclusion, and bonus special, this Friday! Same pirate-time, Same pirate-channel!

PART 3! :pir-sweet:

ToR%20Holiday%20008.jpg

ToR%20Holiday%20009.jpg

ToR%20Holiday%20010.jpg

ToR%20Holiday%20011.jpg

...and there you have it. This is my first actual lego comic*,

(*My old ToRII entry was just a series of pictures, no editing...) so, hope it came out all right. I will be getting some more lights installed in my "studio" but after I get the next wave of collectible miniatures, the HP sets, and Pharaoh's Quest line. :pir-grin: (Important things first, right?)

I am pretty sure everyone (who signed up in time :pir-wink: ) made it in there in some form, as well as a couple others. :pir-look:

I hope it made you all smile, and gave you something interesting to read. Until we meet again you crazy Pirates,silly redcoats, and loyal Bluecoats-

Happy Holiday's, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!!!

:shark:

This one here is kind of a bonus image. I was playing around with the figs and the camera.

After looking through the images, most of them came out blurry or dark, so this is the best one, even though a few people get cut off/covered in the background. I already have packed away, and un-built some of the figures, before I looked at this, and didnt have the time to dig them all out again. Next year, I'll make a better Christmas card when I have more of you guys' actual sig-figs. Also, It was an experiment with my editing.

With that said, here is the bonus Christmas card:

Happy%20holidays.jpg

OH!- and I don't want to forget, everyone also thank our new lady, smittyfan. She let me plunder some of her pieces, as well as use some equipment used in making this.

Thanks Sis!

Edited by Dan the Brickman

Yay! A whole panel dedicated to me! :pir-grin:

And the Blue Avenger wasn't spying, I'm sure he was patrolling, ensuring the safety of his high command. :pir-wink:

This is looking good! Can't wait for the next part!

Yay! A whole panel dedicated to me! :pir-grin:

And the Blue Avenger wasn't spying, I'm sure he was patrolling, ensuring the safety of his high command. :pir-wink:

This is looking good! Can't wait for the next part!

It clearly says that you were spying in that panel, and it says that twice.

Looking good so far but you have the wrong head for my sigfig. I don't have freckles. :pir-sceptic:

It clearly says that you were spying in that panel, and it says that twice.

Lets all take a breathe, I'm pretty sure oky is just kidding, you know standing up for his sigfig. Its just for fun. He's not contesting Dan's comic.

Looking good so far but you have the wrong head for my sigfig. I don't have freckles. :pir-sceptic:

Now you do! :pir-wink:

(It was either that, or a rebel trooper with a chin guard)

Lets all take a breathe, I'm pretty sure oky is just kidding, you know standing up for his sigfig. Its just for fun. He's not contesting Dan's comic.

Yep, remember its all in fun, :pir-grin: and its not over yet! There still be a couple sections to finish!

To quote the old 60's Batman TV narrator,

"The worst is yet to come!"

Okay, I've been off the forums too long, and recently I've had more time due to classes ending, but with finals, I might remain jumpy. :pir_laugh2:

Also, I do look forward to seeing this story play out.

Thrilling! I can't wait for the next part to come. And I wonder how long they will be able to hold the peace :pir_laugh2:

Although in real I would never propose a peace-agreement, it's nice to see how it would turn out.

Nice job so far :pir-classic:

Edited by Admiral Croissant

Great. Nice to read a comic again. I really looking forward to part two, even if.......

Will Skaldyr be fish food?

.....I have a bad feeling about part2! :pir_laugh2:

This is really cool i see you have added my yellow crab and i hope my red beard redcoat will be in the next comic! :pir-classic: He looks like this

If only I had noticed it sooner I would have joined :pir-cry_sad:

Great job though :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks, sorry, but the picture set is all finished for this. Now I am just editing, and adding captions.

I'm certain this will not be the last redcoat/bluecoat comic/event. :pir-wink:

...now i shall drag myself away from this awesome site long enough to do some more comics! :pir-grin:

ha ha, this is fun :pir-grin:... my necklace is a little big, but that's ok :thumbup:

a question, I'm a kind of leader of the pirates? or is part of my transition from the armada to be Indian cheif? :pir-laugh:

I'm waiting for the second part!

happy holidays!!!

Edited by Brig. Brick

Part 2 is up. Part 3 will be done by Friday :pir-grin: . (Maybe Thursday, if I get off work early, but dont want to promise when Im unsure)

...after doing this, I begin to really appreciate the ToR hosts. Doing all those comics every day? I never realized how much you put into them!

Yar!

:cannon:

Haha the plot thinins indeed!

looking very good, and I got a camio yay!!.

So does it all go pear shaped?? I guess we'll wait and see. :thumbup:

I'm trying to eat Skalldyr!!! :pir_laugh2:

A nice story, I'm looking forward to the conclusion!

Oh, and almost forgot:

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

...soon!

Edited by Dreamweb

Thanks, sorry, but the picture set is all finished for this. Now I am just editing, and adding captions.

I'm certain this will not be the last redcoat/bluecoat comic/event. :pir-wink:

...now i shall drag myself away from this awesome site long enough to do some more comics! :pir-grin:

Yay :pir-sweet:

Though i can't seem to spot my sig-fig. :hmpf_bad:

You are right there! :pir-wink:

So, yours, due to order of sign-ups/my lack of parts....

Since I did not have the right pieces, I made a figure SIMILAR to the dude that came in the car set you mentioned :pir-grin: . You are the one holding the money in the second panel, as part of the group of bluecoats who went to go rent the pirates' cabin.

Everyone who signed up in time is depicted in the comic in some way. Some may be more obvious then others. Skalldyr, croissant, and dr Jones for example, are easy to pick out due to their unique features. Becker, Redwater, and others tend to blend in more.

Great new part again! :pir_laugh2::thumbup:

The snowman outside is a good detail, and the comic is just very funny again.

I had to laugh at the shot where Skalldyr sais he's not tasty (and he almost gets eaten by his fellow Pirate Editor :pir-laugh: ) and this guy is telling a joke with 'a bluecoat, a redcoat and greencoat walk into a bar..'.

Hilarious!