Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 poll

Collectable Minifigure Series 4  

329 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite collectable minifigure inside series 4?

• Frankenstein
    • Geisha / Kimono Lady
    • Soccer Player
    • Artist / Painter
    • Garden Gnome
    • Ice Hockey Player
    • Mad Professor / Scientist
    • Female Ice Skater
    • Punk Rocker
    • Naval Sailor
    • Musketeer
    • Skater Boy
    • Viking Warrior
    • Werewolf
    • Surfer Girl
    • Bio-Hazard Personnel
  2. 2. Which current Collectable Minifigure Series do you like best or do you just love them all?

3. 3. What is the most important attribute that must be considered in a good Collectable Minifigures Series?

• Variety and design of new unexplored themes
    • Availability of new parts such as torsos, hairpiece, accessories, etc
    • Integration of minifigures into past and current LEGO themes
    • Gender balance
    • Others (Pls specify them in your comments)
  4. 4. Do you think Series 4 is an improvement from all previous 3 series?

Hello everyone,

I am back again to conduct the latest Collectable Minifigures Series 4 wave for our Eurobricks Community. Normally, I could wait for awhile before starting an official polls like but with the very new recent development of the new official image released in this current Collectable Minifigures Series 4 discussion, it is the right time for us to choose your favourite Series 4 Collectable Minifigure!

If you wish to change your vote after you acquire the entire Series 4 after April 2011 or any point, you may choose to do so, as the current poll settings allow you to withdraw your votes by choosing other choices instead.

Note: Descriptive names above are not confirmed and are subjected to changes at a later stage.

For past official Eurobricks polls in Series 1, Series 2 and Series 3, can be found in the following links below.

Collectable Minifigures Series 1 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 3 Poll

8804-1.jpg

gallery_2351_21_92389.jpg

Tell us what you think about this! I, for one can't wait for this brand new upcoming series. :wub:

WhiteFang

It was kinda difficult choosing among these wonderful S4 figs, but in the end I had to go with the Punk Rocker. I believe it is one of the most suggested minifigs before, and the introduction of the guitar is a nice addition to the minifig accessories.

I eventually had to go for the Musketeer, but this series really has many great figs!

The DANCER/(unsure) is an Ice skater! (look by her feet in the second picture!)

Ah, thanks! I have amended the option until something better comes out.

Its a very typical ice-skating outfit. (I know, whenever ice-skating is on, I don't get to watch startrek :angry: )

Plus, you can see the hockey player has skates, and so it makes it obvious, since its the same piece. :grin:

So odds of getting skates, are 1 in 8!

My favorite? Toss up between scientist and the artist. :wub:

Some tough questions there, Fangy, but I figured out the answers for me.

1. The Punk Rocker, mostly because he is so well done, from the pink mohawk, to the electric guitar (finally a Lego guitar!), down to the ripped jeans!

2. So far, Series 2 is the best for me.

3. I think the great thing about these minifigures is that we get minifigs we would have never imagined getting.

4. S4 is indeed an improvement over the past series to me since there's barely any fig I wouldn't love to have (except the viking or surfer maybe).

By the way, the one you call a Dancer is an ice/figure skater. :wink:

That's a great and very interesting topic, WhiteFang! :thumbup:

This series 4 is completely amazing! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Because of this it was very hard to vote for the most favourite minifg in this series since I - apart from the Monster and Frankenstein - like them all nearly the same.

But finally I voted for the

Bio-Hazard Personnel

as the for me favourite minifig of this series.

This was one of the wishes I posted here on EB - and I think it's amazing to have some of these guys for your urban fire brigade.

The top-5 minifigs of series 4 are for me:

- Bio-Hazard Personnel

- Skater

- Musketeer

- Female Ice-Skater

- Painter

Of the current series I like series 2 the most.

Most important for me is the availability of new parts such as torsos, hairpiece, accessories, etc.

In this series the most successful torsos are imo:

- skater's torso

- musketeer's torso

- female ice-skater's torso

- Kimono girl's torso

The best hairpieces are imo:

- skater's beanie

- bio-hazard personnel's helmet

- Kimono girl's hair

- soccer player's hair

- female ice-skater's hair

- sailor cap

For accessory imo the most successful in this series are:

- e-guitar

- black skateboard with printing

- painter's accessory

- Kimono girl's accessory

- bio-hazar personnel's accessory

- scientist's accessory

- silvern trophy

Imo series 4 is not only an improvement over all series before - it simply outguns them without doubts!

I only don't like the monster and Frankenstein. And in the Wiking I'm not interested. Apart from these three I fear that I'll have to get all. :grin:

Keep on giving us that many amazing minifigs and accessory like in this series, TLG! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I had to go with the Geisha, just narrowly beating the Musketeer. Sure, the Musketeer has a cool new hat and sword that I want lots and lots of, but the Geisha is pure loveliness.

I'm also quite fond of the Artist, although I will probably take his brush and palette and give them to a minifig of my own choosing.

The polls were formulated very well!

I've always though that this is important:

Integration of minifigures into past and current LEGO themes

When I buy a minifig, I don't want it to be out of place in my Lego world! That's exactly what's stopping me from buying certain minifigs. What am I going to do with such figs? Where will I put them?

From the new ones, the Viking and the Musketeer are the best for me.

I had high expectation for the Werewolf, but it looks horrible!! :thumbdown:

Also, it's not "Frankenstein", is this an official Lego description? Frankenstein is the one who creates the monster, read the book! The monster remains without a name throughout the whole book!

I'll do this orderly, for easy viewing :grin:

Favourite Minifig: Artist, I just love him! The whole minifig is incredible, new accessories that are spot on and his face really impresses me. It just looks so condescending (typical of artists :tongue: ) and the goatie really does it for me. Its just so cute :wub:

Best Current Series: Series 1, just because it was the first. Its was all so new, most of the minifigs were amazing. But I feel the others were lackluster. Maybe series 3 could be better but we dont have those yet in New Zealand so I have yet to get them and compare. The next series were tainted for me somewhat when the quality of the minifigs in series 1 wasnt up to scratch in my opinion.

Most important attribute: Variety and design of unexplored themes, it just adds life to where lego hasnt gone before. You have brand new pieces for minifigs we have wanted for ages.

Is series 4 the best: Definitely! There are no flaws in any of the minifigs. They could all be army builders for what ever reason. I really do hope this is a look at what's to come.

It's easier to pick the least favorite from this set rather than a favourite!

They're all excellent aside from the figure skater, for me this is the weak fig in this set.

It's definately a much better series than 3 which isn't hard!

Reckon this could be the strongest series to date, there as so many figs & accessories to love :wub:

Difficult questions since these are all great figs. And I think

the addition of collectible minifigs is one of the best ideas

the good people at Lego has ever had. Simply because they

add great possibilities with their variety, both in design and

parts variation. Especially if you want to try MOC-ing (is that

the word to use?) for the first time in your fledgling lego life.

However, the Biohazard guy just tops the mad scientist on

my list, closely followed by the surfer and the skater. And

the geisha of course. I mean, a lego geisha. Who can resist

that one? Honorable mention to every other fig in the series.

Currently I'm the only one whose favorite is the Garden Gnome. It's just a really fun fig and I think it was wonderfully executed. I can't wait to see the face under the beard. Hopefully it won't be a double-beardy. The torso and hat will be so wonderful in Castle mocs for more variety in peasants.

I like all of the other series as well but this series just really brought it's A game. Unlike the other series there are none that I would absolutely hate getting. Since the only way I've found any before has been the Lego website, I'm much more at ease with getting random ones.

I don't really like the sailor and musketeer but the Hockey Player and the Hazardous suit guy are amazing! All in all this looks to be an amazing wave.

I voted for the Geisha because of the lovely printing on torso and slope piece, and I feel that it really reassembles my vision of a geisha in LEGO form. It might not be the most versatile minifig in the series but it's very well done and it's a most welcome female addition to the Japanese theme.

I also like the Sailor, the Musketeer and the Painter very much. I want at least 3 of each of the two former ones.

For the second question I answered "All series", I really like the whole concept and so far I've liked about 90% of all the minifigs.

What I really like about these Collectible Minifigs is that we get the chance to pick up minifig that in normal case never would have been released since they don't fit in a theme. The Caveman was my favourite for series 1 and I really doubt that we will ever see a stone age theme. I also like that discontinued themes like Western gets a renewal with help of these figs. Since you can MOC about anything in terms of buildings and landscapes with fairly normal parts it is the minifigs that helps you finish them of, at least that's how it works for me. Anyone with the pieces could have made a Greek temple 1 year ago, but it would just be a nice building without fitting minifigs. Now, with the Spartan out, we can see a great numbers of Greek MOCs with these minifigs bringing life into the buildings. So I voted for the first alternative.

At the final question I voted "no", not because I don't like series 4 but because I like it more that TLG gives us all these series. Everyone is great! :classic::thumbup:

• #1 I love the geisha, with the red ribbon on her hairs; Frankenstein & Wolfman (plus the Dracula on the other series) are ready for a diorama i was thinking and promotin on the "ideal sets" topic; love the viking and the gnome... the hockey player too.

Don't like the soccer player (Messi?) and the ice skater : she has no paillettes!

#2 Love the whole concept about the minifigs; too bad for the price and the availability that's really scarse here...

#3 Variety and design of new unexplored themes and the crazyness of some.

#4 Yes! S3 it's the least interesting right now.

I voted for the Bio-Hazard personell. Overall I really love this new series and I think Number 4 is the best so far. The only thing I don't like is the hairpiece of the ice-dancer. On the first pic it looks great but on the second one it's looking pretty bad. Maybe it's better in person, just wait and see.

I have to say, these figs look great. Here are my answers:

Which is your favourite collectable minifigure inside series 4?

I liked almost all of them, but in the end the punk rocker came out on top. He looks rather like the drummer (except the guitar of course) from Lego Rock Band, and everything from the ripped jeans to the first Lego guitar is perfect. Good job Lego! My top 5:

1:Punk Rocker

2:Hockey Player

3:Bio-hazard Personnel

4:Mad Scientist

5:Musketeer

Which current Collectable Minifigure Series do you like best or do you just love them all?

Of course, all the series have at least on great fig, from the crash test dummy to the spartan to the elf! So in the end, i voted for all series.

What is the most important attribute that must be considered in a good Collectable Minifigures Series?

I went for the most popular option - Variety and design of unexplored themes. There are loads of figs that just don't fit into any current themes, and I think it is important to show lots of other things. Plus the minifigs end up looking cool!

Do you think Series 4 is an improvement from all previous 3 series?

Obviously, yes.

Edited by Lego Star Wars Pwns

These are great. Both my kids can get into these, especially my daughter who hasnt really shown any lego interest before. Now she has a Cheerleader, lifeguard and Popstar, and will definitely want the surfer girl and Ice skater!.

Its a very typical ice-skating outfit. (I know, whenever ice-skating is on, I don't get to watch startrek :angry: )

aww.... :laugh: ice-skating isn't on all the time, you know...

i'm kinda excited for the rock star guy, cuz of the cool guitar... i so wanna get one or two of them guitars... :wub: it's seriously hard to make a guitar out of Legos that doesn't look stupid... :angry: then my Lego band can be complete!! (well almost... i'm still using a plastic bottle cap wrapped in paper for a drum....)

then the surfer girl and ice-skater are definitely my other favorites here! :wub: