OK, OK, I know it SEEMS like I am talking to myself here, but I see that there are a lot of people quietly reading and following...
Since we are talking about the future of Lego, I consulted The Oracle of Delphi... She arose from her mystic trance, touched the earth, communicated with the spirits of the Underworld, and uttered the following cryptic predictions...!
2011 - Mark my words well... In the Yeare of our Lorde MMXI, thou shalt see The Black Pearl and The Flying Dutchman under the Tree of Yule.
2011 - The Pharaoh's Quest theme will be reprised with a similar one-wave line from Greek Mythology with large brick-built Mythological Guardians. As we speak, Lego is finalizing designs for Medusa's hair in their 3-D Resin-Printer.
2011 - The Three-Headed Hound Guardian of the Underworld, Cerberus, first introduced as "Fluffy" from the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone theme will once again see the light of day, this time, with a printed face, like the new police dobermans.
2011 - The new Greek Mythology theme will culminate with the ultimate brick-built Guardian, TIAMAT! (Yes!) The five-headed hydra with red, green, blue, black and white dragon heads will go down in Epic Poetry as the "Best Lego Set Ever"! Lego stock will instantly quintuple in value, eclipsing the record set at Google's IPO. Invest now!
2012 - The Maya Cosmos will be destroyed in a Cataclysm of Fire. The Lego Universe will continue on, unencumbered by the laws of physics as we know them, and from the marketing constraints of corporations making cool plastic toys for kids and nostalgic adults.
2013 - Using the collectible Elf-Warrior minifig and the Dragon-Goddess Tiamat as a template, the last wave of human-versus-human Kingdoms sets will disappear, giving way to a new lineage of Castle sets in the spirit of Lord of the Rings, Dungeons & Dragons, and Narnia. Historians will wonder what kind of marketing deal prevented them from making Elves in the first place.
2014 - After a long success, and many waves of sets with naturally-flesh-toned islanders, once the Pirates of the Caribbean license ends, all Pirates will become permanently flesh-toned to match. Prices of heads on BrickLink will sky-rocket as newly converted flesh-collectors buy hundreds of flesh heads, and die-hard yellow-collectors hoard thousands of yellow heads for an uncertain future.
2016 - The decade-long-plus rivalry between yellow-faces and natural-faces will come to an end. All new Lego sets will be made as a licensed property. After Series 20 of Collectible Minifigs sells out in 24 hours on e-Bay, it will be revealed that it was "A Final Thank You" to all of the classic-yellow-face collectors of the world. Many of the parts and prints will be re-made in flesh.
2020 - The People of Earth will collectively realize that making everyone banana-yellow-faced is essentially the same thing as making everyone Caucasian or Asian. With a touch of a button, everyone in the Lego Universe Online video game world will instantly become a default light-flesh color, with an option to switch to medium-flesh, dark-flesh, or any cool alien color they want their avatar to be. Young boys in Latin America, India, and Africa will rejoice and create new heroes in their own image.
2500 AD - Everyone in the Lego Universe will be a fully-ethnically-mixed medium-caramel-color and speak Simplified-Globalized-English as a common language like in the movie Blade Runner.
25,000 AD - The next Ice Age will once again change the face of Human Civilizations. On the up-side, it will also make the "Most Awesome Lego Theme Ever"!
...And she spoke no more...!
Again, I know it SEEMS like I am talking to myself here, but I see that there are a lot of people quietly reading and following... and after my last post, hopefully giggling!
And here is one final huzzah!
COSMO QUIZ: ARE YOU A LEGO/ARCHAEOLOGY NERD? FIND OUT!
1) Are you archiving sets for your as-yet-unborn kids? (5 points)
2) Are you archiving sets for the post-greenhouse future? (10 points)
3) Did you get two Temple of the Crystal Skull sets, so you can build a full four-sided Mayan pyramid? (5 points)
4) Will you get two Pyramid of the Scorpion sets, so you can build one half of a full four-sided Egyptian pyramid with 45-degree sides? (10 points)
5) Will you get *FOUR* Pyramid of the Scorpion sets, so you can build a totally complete four-sided Egyptian pyramid with 45-degree sides? (20 points)
6) Did you switch your Spartans to wear lion-cloths, to make them look more like the movie "300"? (5 points)
7) Did you switch your Spartans and Gaulic armies to fight "heroically nude", like they actually did in real life? (10 points)
8) Have you made a custom Shaka Zulu with a dremmel and printed stickers, just because Lego has not done any African themes yet? (5 points)
9) Next add 1 point for every customized minifig you made of a minor character because Lego did not! (e.g., Toht, Sallah, Monkey Man, Captain Katanga, the Maharaja, Chattar Lal, Thugee Acolyte, The Grail Knight, Peruvian Nun, Mariachi Band, etc.)
10) Finally, add 10 points for each individual customized Lara Croft Tomb Raider minifig you have with her in a different outfit (e.g., classic outfit, wetsuit, catsuit, evening dress, Slave Leia outfit, etc.!)
Did you hit 100?!
Edited by The Real Indiana Jones, 01 December 2010 - 01:13 AM.