Review: 3830 Spongebob - Bikini Bottom Express

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Admiral Giddens

Admiral Giddens

Member: 353

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:11 PM

Check out the Bikini Bottom review on pre.classic-space.com!  Thanks for coming by and lookin in on these!

Posted Image
http://pre.classic-s...?m=bikinibottom

Come on by and enjoy!
Posted Image
Chris Giddens <>< |Lego Dork| Spaceboy.
http://pre.classic-space.com | http://classic-space.com/forum/

#2 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:39 PM

Great review once again Chris  *y*

I really love this set despite the basketball and other crappy shooting devices  :-|  Lets hope they will reach France and the rest of Europe !! I will definitly buy this set !!

I have two small questions Chris:

1) Since I don't have any pull bac motor vehicles, can you easilly modify the boat/car (taking the motor away ??)

2) Is that TV a printed part (it looks like one) ?? That would be awsome !! Is there any stickers at all in this set ??

Tks in advance Chris  ;-)

*yoda*

#3 natelite

natelite

• fewer calories than regular nate

Member: 718

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:47 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! hahaha just like that villain in your comic.

overall, i would agree with your wife in that it is a set for girls to play house with. for me and my son this theme/line is a waste of time. even though i'm in the US, i still can't understand the attraction of spongebob. do any of you watch the cartoon? can you tell me what's so appealing about spongebob?

#4 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:58 PM

View Postnatelite, on May 12 2006, 07:47 PM, said:

overall, i would agree with your wife in that it is a set for girls to play house with. for me and my son this theme/line is a waste of time. even though i'm in the US, i still can't understand the attraction of spongebob. do any of you watch the cartoon? can you tell me what's so appealing about spongebob?
Well, since I learned about SB Lego, I decided to buy a dvd to "learn" about SB. I finally bought the entire First Season. I have learned in 3 dvds lool.

Even though the characters of Bob and Patrick are truly annoying (they really aggravate me), the characters of Squidward and Mister Krab are hilarious !! The money loving crab talking like a real pirate (argh argh argh), and the always pessimistic and talentles squid are a must see !! Plus there is the funny Plankton which is a total mess, he will never succeed in anuthing loool.

I like the aquatic themes in general and I think the design of the houses are nice  ;-)

*yoda*

#5 alex54

alex54

• CC reducer, city expander

Member: 560

Posted 12 May 2006 - 08:21 PM

I have the first season in dvd too! the only thing  it missed; is the very firts episode, when Bob got his work at the krustycrab.... I really want TLC sell this line in France!

Posted Image                        Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Posted 12 May 2006 - 08:28 PM

View Postalex54, on May 12 2006, 08:21 PM, said:

I have the first season in dvd too! the only thing  it missed; is the very firts episode, when Bob got his work at the krustycrab.... I really want TLC sell this line in France!
Alex, I was talking to an employee of TRU (at La Défense) who was with Lego rep in the morning and he said he had no clues on what TLC send them, and he couldn't answer that question !! so lets hope hehe  ;-)

*yoda*

#7 xenologer

xenologer

Member: 626

Posted 12 May 2006 - 08:30 PM

Thanks for the review.

I was planning on keeping away from SpongeBob, but that Bikini Bottom set is seriously tempting now.
The way the house unfolds and how they used the diagonal plates to hold the hinges at a perfect 45* angle is genious. Before now I had always thought that  using hinges to get circles always meant instability, but that offers lots of ideas for MOCs...nice round but strong spaceship engines... hmmmmmmh!

Looks like lots of good orange parts in there.... I guess I could fit the new figs into some kinda Space Bar setting, where you could overlook how odd they are.
How much did it cost btw?

#8 Deinonychus

Deinonychus

• Civil Rights Activist

Member: 518

Posted 12 May 2006 - 08:40 PM

I've never been able to watch an entire episode of Spongebob...but that Spongebob Minifig just cracks me the hell up so I'll be getting at least one of the sets just for him Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Kahgarak

Kahgarak

Member: 514

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:23 PM

Hmmm.Maybe i'll ask this set for this year's Sinterklaas (a Dutch and Belgian thing) and Christmas.

The cata-bed looks like fun!

I am really positive about this line.I think that people of all ages will be buying these sets.

#10 Scnicker

Scnicker

• CC refugee

Member: 775

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:37 PM

I had my suspicions about this line, but this set looks good!  And I see some useful parts for Pirate theme along with a load of orange pieces.  But why does every set has a catapult in it? Why? Ok, throwing stuff around if fun and all, but it gets a bit boring after a while  :-D

#11 Norro

Norro

• Writer & Director and Old Grey fetishist

Member: 315

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:45 PM

Thanks for the review... I'll probably look for this set when it reaches Ireland!

God Bless,

Nathan
Posted Image

#12 phoinix

phoinix

• Eurovision !!

Member: 689

Posted 17 May 2006 - 11:31 PM

dont see the point in this set...sure you get great orange parts..but i still cant understand all the fass about sponge bob....its a yellow sponge...he lives in a pineapple(?).... *wacko*  *wacko*  so??

i have never seen any episodes of this cartoon and i dont intend to..!!

if this brings money to TLC then fine....but it sure will not be my money!!  (not with all these amazing sets coming up)

(Spongebob who???) *wacko*

phoinix  *sweet*

#13 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 18 May 2006 - 02:02 AM

this is my sister's favourite set!!

#14 JoshW

JoshW

• Vivisects Friends

Member: 564

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:03 AM

I am not a Spongebob fan (several friends of mine are), but these sets are very well done.  And they have a great parts selection.  That snail thing is very impressive and it has green cherries too!  I probably will be getting some of these just for the pieces.  Bob's house just screams, "orange parts pack!" to me.

Josh

#15 alex54

alex54

• CC reducer, city expander

Member: 560

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:58 AM

xwingyoda, if you see a spongebob set in the lego shop in Paris, would you tell me? Because if they are only in it, I will go to Paris one day during the holidays school for that. Thanks!

Posted Image                        Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#16 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:37 PM

View Postalex54, on May 20 2006, 10:58 AM, said:

xwingyoda, if you see a spongebob set in the lego shop in Paris, would you tell me? Because if they are only in it, I will go to Paris one day during the holidays school for that. Thanks!
I will let you know asap Alex  ;-)

*yoda*

#17 ghoulrealm

ghoulrealm

Member: 825

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:49 AM

View Postxwingyoda, on May 12 2006, 01:39 PM, said:

I really love this set despite the basketball ...
Yes. what is the deal with the basketball hoop?
I've seen nearly all the episodes and none of them had anything to do with basketball.
I'm not complaining, but it's a little odd.  :-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users