General Magma

AT-RT

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello all.

Almost 2 years ago, I did an AT-RT MOC. Two, infact. But those are old, and had pretty bad and inaccurate designs.. Now, 1.5 years later, I made a new version: Version 3. I improved many things now, and added some better details. Lately, almost every MOC I make features SNOT techniques, ever since I made my Bounty hunter starfighter.

Anyways, onto the MOC then, shall we? I also made a bignette for it.

Here's an overall view:

I'm still not completely satisfied with the side plates and some bits on the front.

5191580455_366f1e2812.jpg

AT-RT by General Magma, on Flickr

5191580309_92387d5df6.jpg

5192176146_3ebaea5bae.jpg

AT-RT in action:

5191579821_e681f6c9d5.jpg

The rest of the pictures are viewable on MOCpages and Flickr.

Like I said, I still feel like something's missing, or that there's something that isn't completely accurate.

I removed the technic pin sometime after I took the pictures, so the laser cannon is a bit shorter now, too.

What I'm currently aiming at for the next version, is improving the front, and the chair section from the back.

If you have got any suggestions, then I'd like to hear them. Thanks. :classic:

~ General Magma

Nicely done Gen. Magma! It's always nice to see various people's take on the AT-RT, and yours is quite unique and really has some interesting elements. Very clever use of the minifig arms for the tridactyl feet, as well as the curved seat part and the wheel joint. Though I feel the legs are a bit skinny, but I understand since that part has always been a tricky challenge for every AT-RT MOCer. But overall, this is a really good rendition of the AT-RT, so very good job! :thumbup:

Thanks all!

While the feet are a bit large it still looks good! I do like that bignette though.

Actually, the feet are about the right size, if you compare it to this:

AT-RT.jpg

(This was also one of my reference pics.)

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Actually, the feet are about the right size, if you compare it to this:

*snip*

Maybe what MB means is that the minifig arms might be a bit bulky for the flat feet of your ref. pic. It's quite noticeable honestly, but considering how difficult to achieve that detail is in actual brickbuilt, that's just ok.

Nice job! I like the use of curved parts for the seat, even if it's not accurate, it looks pretty good.

I think the reason that it looks disproportionate is because the wedge plates you used for the armor are in fact too big. However, the only way around that is either a custom 2x2 wedge plate, a plate that'll make it look too squarish, or (what I did) a 1 x 2 tile with hands attached to make it look sort of like a wedge.

Very nice AT-RT, true it's hard to make it look like a movie/tv series one in Lego, but yours looks pretty close.

How stable is it with those legs ?

Anyway, great work 'General Magma' and may the brick be with you.....always ! :yoda:

Very nice AT-RT, true it's hard to make it look like a movie/tv series one in Lego, but yours looks pretty close.

How stable is it with those legs ?

Anyway, great work 'General Magma' and may the brick be with you.....always ! :yoda:

Thanks!

When posed rightly, it is quite sturdy. It was kinda hard to place it onto the small "mountain" of the bignette,

but the mountain's surface wasn't flat, so I imagine it'd be hard to place things posed like that onto it anyways, though.

It can't stand on one leg (of course), but that makes it bad for use in stop-motion. (It would require masking to get rid of the supports it would stand on for stop-motion).

But overall, it's pretty sturdy.

~ General Magma

(It would require masking to get rid of the supports it would stand on for stop-motion).

But overall, it's pretty sturdy.

Not really. Since it's opaque, just put the support directly opposite the camera like with the MF model from AnH.

This looks great. The feet are my favorite part, perfect design. Mind if I use it for my AT-RT, I'll give you credit if I post it. I might take that Technic piece off of the gun and make the legs a bit longer, but it is a great design.

Great job :thumbup:

I love the feet, they are so accurate in terms of proportions. I think it looks great.