Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery -Confirmation and Discussion

redscaremysterybanner.png

(Thank Shadows for the new Banner, kids!)

Thank you for all those who showed interest in the game and signed up, but I could only let 18 people into the game thus far.

Fret not if you weren't picked, because chances are someone'll drop out OR more characters will come in later.

Without further wait:

Characters:

Government Workers

mayorian.jpg

Ian Bradford (Mayor) played by Walter Kovacs

tcm.jpg

Will Ackerson (Town Councilman) played by iamded

judge.jpg

Alan Cain (Judge) played by JCC1004

chief.jpg

Ryan Phelps (Police Chief) played by JimButcher

cop1.jpg

Tim Fields (Police Officer) played by CallMePie

cop2.jpg

Louis Harrison (Police Officer) played by Brickme

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working Class

chefdieter.jpg

Dieter Schneider (Chef) played by Shadows

doctor.jpg

Simon Lloyd (Doctor) played by Burman

lawyer.jpg

Patrick Jefferson (Lawyer) Played by Professor Flitwick

dockworker.jpg

James Falzone (Dock Worker) played by CorneliusMurdock

nurse.jpg

Julie “Princess” Parker (Nurse) played by The Crazy One

farmer.jpg

Alan Simmons (Farmer) played by Fugazi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other

dolores.jpg

Dolores Jefferson (Housewife) played by Def

gloria.jpg

Gloria Jefferson (Student) played by Admiral Ron

stevie.jpg

Stevie Jefferson (Student) played by Legonater

retiredsalesman.jpg

Ralph Jenkins (Retired Salesman) played by Cralegoboy

retiredwife.jpg

Valerie Jenkins (Housewife) played by Sok117

huac_man.jpg

Matt Liebenston (HUAC Investigator) Played by Dragonator

Reserves:

-Captain Genero

-Captain Becker

-Capt.JohnPaul

-Mrlegoninja

-Peanuts

PM's should be received by the end of the hour.

Rules (Again):

(Borrowed partly from Dragonator’s Mystery Manor)

1. There are 18 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end. I am trusting you all not to drop out halfway through, as that is never any fun.

2. You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:

"I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".

Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:

"I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."

It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalized statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine.

3. This game is meant to be fun, so enjoy yourselves!

4. Please be patient with me between chapters, I will try to put up the chapter topics as quickly as possible, but, this might not be so all the time.

5. Please try to avoid editing your posts, as it can lead to suspicion against you. Just consider what you want to say before you say it, and you'll be fine.

6. Please remember that this is the early 1950’s. No iPods, digital cameras, cell phones, printers, computers, fax machines, or otherwise. No events past the current date either, or else people will view you as insane.

7. I won’t keep you in a certain room if you don’t want me too. You’ll always have the option of backtracking or researching the same place.

8. The host is usually always right. If you think I’ve made an error, then please discuss this in the discussion thread or feel free to PM me.

9. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the death of your character.

10. Remember that although a chapter has ended, that doesn’t mean that the day has concluded, and night actions can be used.

10b. There are also chapter actions. Those of you with chapter actions have the ability to use them at the end of each chapter.

11. No Metagaming please. Also, don’t base suspicions on how the person looks.

Rules may be added or deleted as the game goes on based on game play.

12. This is the 1950’s, the middle of the Cold War. You’re under constant worry of potential nuclear Armageddon, so act like it. The Communists are your enemies in this game, don’t forget that. Also, anytime historical facts from the 1950’s are brought in is a big plus.

Remember that the rules are subject to change as the day progresses.

I'm hoping to have everyone confirmed by the 22nd of November, so that we can start the game on the 26th of November, a Friday. It's after Thanksgiving and all the Black Friday sales are over, too.

If you can no longer play, please let me know.

Edited by Bob the Construction Man

Officer Tim Fields reporting for duty, sir!

It's all fine citizens, we will weed out those damn commies soon enough.

Doleres Jefferson, doing her best on the homefront to protect our way of life.

Good day citizens, my name is Matt Liebenston, and I will be leading the anti-communist investigation in this town on behalf of the House Un-American Activities Committee.

You're all confirmed!

All the PM's are out, within the hour of the thread being posted like I promised.

Well, I've emerged from the kitchen to tell you all that I'm ready to go!

Hello, I'm you're friendly nieghborhood deputy with my partner, and our excellent chief. I am Lou Harrison but Deputy Louie or Officer Louie will be fine.

(Is everyone not thankful, Thank you Shadows for the new banner, and Bob.)

Chief Ryan Phelps, punching in. Now I won't have any troublemakers in this ordeal, will I?

Ralph Jenkins, retired salesman, at your service! Let's smoke out those commies so that my garden doesn't get nuked!

Valerie, honey, where's dinner?

Will Ackerson - the last remaining town councilman, and the only one not to flee from the Communist threat - confirming my presence. Let's find these Communist spies, and show them true American justice!

Is anybody hungry for apple pie? I just baked two to reward all the hard-working men of this town with :wink:

Is anybody hungry for apple pie? I just baked two to reward all the hard-working men of this town with :wink:

Oooooo, I'd love some. :wub:

Oooooo, I'd love some. :wub:

Here you are, and let me get a cloth to wipe the sweat off your brow.

pie.jpg

Would you like me to fill your pipe?

Mmmm... Thanks for the delicious pie, Mrs. Jefferson! Could I interest you in a new oven to make more of these fine pies? I may be retired, but I'm always willing to make a sale!

I'm not Bob, but players for games such as this are chosen randomly out of a hat.

Hello all, I am Chef Dieter Schneider, but you know me better as Dashing Dieter, the Darling of the Dietary Delights coming to you live on WUSA radio from Dieter's Grocery, your home of gourmet delicacies since as long as I can remember. Please feel free to stop in anytime to browse our extensive collection of tasty treats and, if you're lucky, you just might run into me, giving out cooking tips and winking at the ladies.

However, on a more serious note, business hasn't been as good as it used to be, and I think it's because people are afraid of those commie bastards. To defeat them, we must embrace capitalism and there's no better way than to throw an expensive dinner party full of good food and beverages bought from Dieter's! I hope to see you there, your country depends on it!

Here you are, and let me get a cloth to wipe the sweat off your brow.

*Pie*

Would you like me to fill your pipe?

Aw, but your husband wouldn't like that.

Yes please.

However, on a more serious note, business hasn't been as good as it used to be, and I think it's because people are afraid of those commie bastards. To defeat them, we must embrace capitalism and there's no better way than to throw an expensive dinner party full of good food and beverage bought from Dieter's! I hope to see you there, your country depends on it!

Hear hear! Nothing like a good chicken says 'We're gonna get you commies!'

Gloria Jefferson here! I am sorry to be late, my studies have taken up most of my time! Capitalism doesnt study itself you know.

Hello all, I am Chef Dieter Schneider, but you know me better as Dashing Dieter, the Darling of the Dietary Delights coming to you live on WUSA radio from Dieter's Grocery, your home of gourmet delicacies since as long as I can remember. Please feel free to stop in anytime to browse our extensive collection of tasty treats and, if you're lucky, you just might run into me, giving out cooking tips and winking at the ladies.

snip

All I want is a sausage-toast sandwich. And a dead commie, and world peace...

Oh, and nice banner! :thumbup:

Hinckley make that? :grin:

Clearly.

Hinckley makes all the banners on this site. :wacko:

Sign in to follow this