Jump to content


[MOC] Deconstructed B-Wing starfighter


20 replies to this topic

#1 RenegadeClone

RenegadeClone

    Posts: 12
    Joined: 15-June 09
    Member: 6409

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:08 AM

Posted Image
Hi Guys,

I have started to post pics detailing the construction of my B-Wing starfighter on Brickshelf. Here is the first batch (to be moderated). I will add more soon and eventually post a parts list too. Enjoy :classic:

Posted Image
Instructions
- illustrates construction of S-Foil Wings, Cockpit, and Primary Weapons Pod

And a taste of my "Flail'd" Millenium Falcon

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Brickshelf Gallery

#2 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10402
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:18 AM

Wow! The interior of the MF is just so nice. The octagonal shaped hallways are so cool! :thumbup: :thumbup:  
I can't wait to see more of your B-Wing too :classic:

#3 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

    Posts: 9541
    Joined: 04-February 09
    Member: 5203
    Country: PILIPINAS

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:42 AM

Looking great, I love the details of the interiors, I can't wait to see the final product. :classic: Truly impressive work RenegadeClone! :thumbup:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages


#4 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

  • Doing the Chicken Dance


    Posts: 19070
    Joined: 28-October 09
    Member: 7997
    Country: Australia

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:55 AM

I too can't wait to more of the B wing, now that MF interior is AWESOME ! :grin:
Keep it up and may the brick be with you. :yoda:

#5 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21323
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:21 AM

the B-wing is nice, but what I find astounding is that you can make the System MF look like the UCS one. Lots of people mod its interior, but this is one of the best I've seen.

#6 RenegadeClone

RenegadeClone

    Posts: 12
    Joined: 15-June 09
    Member: 6409

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

My pics have gone live now and are free to view  :classic:

The Millenium falcon is based on Flail's amazing design - I simply redesigned the interior, adding a circuitry bay, hyperdrive and sleeping quarters/medical bay. Its possible to walk 360 degrees through the Falcon now.

I will post more pics of the B-wing engine construction and primary superstructure soon.

RenegadeClone

#7 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:26 AM

I'm curious what's so failed about the MF, it looks awesome.  THe padded back seat things look really cool.

The B-Wing is lightyears ahead of TLG's design.

#8 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21323
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:51 AM

 Big Cam, on 17 November 2010 - 01:26 AM, said:

I'm curious what's so failed about the MF, it looks awesome.  THe padded back seat things look really cool.
He said 'Flail'd'. Apparently, it's modeled after a previous MOC done by someone named Flail.

#9 Punisher16

Punisher16

    Posts: 26
    Joined: 22-December 12
    Member: 34695
    Country: Canada

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

 RenegadeClone, on 16 November 2010 - 03:28 PM, said:

My pics have gone live now and are free to view  :classic:

The Millenium falcon is based on Flail's amazing design - I simply redesigned the interior, adding a circuitry bay, hyperdrive and sleeping quarters/medical bay. Its possible to walk 360 degrees through the Falcon now.

I will post more pics of the B-wing engine construction and primary superstructure soon.

RenegadeClone

Hi RenegadeClone,
Can you post more pics of your B-wing engine construction and of the central wing?

Because I want to build your fantastic MOC!
I'm not fan of the UCS of Lego made. And I'm a minifig-scale fan...

If you have a LDD file or a part list of your creation, it will be awesome!
Thank you by advance.


#10 Chills

Chills

    Posts: 458
    Joined: 06-July 12
    Member: 29561
    Country: USA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Wow, i really dig the MF interior. My biggest complaint about that set was the unfinished inside of the ship. Your details are awesome: the "padded" walls, the improved med bay, the sleeping quarters, the area where Han and Leia kiss, and the floor grating where Han is trying to fix the Falcon in ESB. Nice!

You've inspired me to give it a shot with mine.

Did you build this first with LDD or did you just go at it with actual bricks? I'm pretty new to this, and MOCs in general as I came out of my dark ages last year, so any advise would be helpful.

Edited by Chills, 04 January 2013 - 06:11 PM.


#11 TWP

TWP

    Posts: 554
    Joined: 14-November 12
    Member: 32922
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

 Punisher16, on 04 January 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Hi RenegadeClone,
Can you post more pics of your B-wing engine construction and of the central wing?

Because I want to build your fantastic MOC!
I'm not fan of the UCS of Lego made. And I'm a minifig-scale fan...

If you have a LDD file or a part list of your creation, it will be awesome!
Thank you by advance.

I actually think he won't be able to reply to you so soon, since the last time he was online was in july.

though, that B-wing and especially the falcon are great!

anyways, good luck trying to get it done punisher16!

#12 Nom Carver

Nom Carver

  • Comparison Composer


    Posts: 934
    Joined: 31-January 12
    Member: 25345

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

It has been a long time that I heard about "Flailing" the second edition of the falcon, Great job!

#13 krispy

krispy

    Posts: 107
    Joined: 14-December 12
    Member: 34321
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

 Punisher16, on 04 January 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Hi RenegadeClone,
Can you post more pics of your B-wing engine construction and of the central wing?

Because I want to build your fantastic MOC!
I'm not fan of the UCS of Lego made. And I'm a minifig-scale fan...

If you have a LDD file or a part list of your creation, it will be awesome!
Thank you by advance.

I think I'm able to help you with that. I'm waiting for some 40 parts before I can start building (mostly 2x3 plates), but I have an LDD file as well parts lists (see the exploded image I included below).

Posted Image

(upd: larger image here)

With a little luck, I'll have a write up ready sometime next weekend (if the parts get here of course) and yes, I intend to share these files! :classic:

Edited by krispy, 08 January 2013 - 01:23 PM.


#14 Punisher16

Punisher16

    Posts: 26
    Joined: 22-December 12
    Member: 34695
    Country: Canada

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

 krispy, on 05 January 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:



I think I'm able to help you with that. I'm waiting for some 40 parts before I can start building (mostly 2x3 plates), but I have an LDD file as well parts lists (see the exploded image I included below).

Posted Image

(upd: larger image here)

With a little luck, I'll have a write up ready sometime next weekend (if the parts get here of course) and yes, I intend to share these files! :classic:

Thank you so much krispy!
I hope to build this amazing MOC with your instructions as soon as possible!
For upload your LDD file and your part list, you can use WeTransfer (https://www.wetransfer.com/) and post the link here...
Thank you again by advance.

#15 Fuppylodders

Fuppylodders

  • Screaming Ju 88


    Posts: 772
    Joined: 29-December 11
    Member: 23632
    Country: England

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Wow! Absolutely love the way he has completed the MF interior, it just look so much more complete, but done to a high standard! It also was a bug of mine that TLG seemed to have left it half finished... Shame he hasnt been online for a while, hope he is OK.
That parts list would be most excellent and widely received!

#16 King Aragorn

King Aragorn

    Posts: 545
    Joined: 24-December 12
    Member: 34780

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

The inner corridor of the Millenium Falcon is identical to the original one! :wub:
Impressive work with both MOCs! :thumbup:
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Posted Image

#17 Renegade Clone

Renegade Clone

  • T16 Pilot


    Posts: 104
    Joined: 31-July 05
    Member: 450

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

Whoa, I'd completely forgotten that my brother made that other account and posted some of the instructions before he gave up. Saw this post got bumped and thought I'd better finish the job. I still need to re-do the instructions for the weapons pod, S-foils and cockpit - the old ones are on my old Brickshelf account.

So here are the brand new in-progress B-wing instructions! I'm also planning a parts list at some point.

Krispy - where on earth did that LDD file come about from, it's awesome! (I've no experience at the program myself)

Posted Image

#18 jamesn

jamesn

    Posts: 1112
    Joined: 30-December 12
    Member: 35156
    Country: USA

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

The interior of the Millennium Falcon is beautiful. I don't need to repeat what a great job you've done with the panelling in the corridors, but I will anyway. The tan tiles in the walls look great!

The B-wing looks a very well-put-together model that I should build myself. The technic backbone seems more than sufficient to keep it together.

Great work, Renegade Clone, and thanks for the B-wing instructions!

Edit: spelling

Edited by jamesn, 07 January 2013 - 05:12 AM.

Starring as jamesn, the panda furry, in Speedy's The Cosplay Party.

#19 Punisher16

Punisher16

    Posts: 26
    Joined: 22-December 12
    Member: 34695
    Country: Canada

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

Thank you so much Renegade Clone!

Krispy, I'm waiting yours with your parts list too...

I'm currently working on a MOD of my old 6208 B-Wing.

#20 krispy

krispy

    Posts: 107
    Joined: 14-December 12
    Member: 34321
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

 Renegade Clone, on 07 January 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

Whoa, I'd completely forgotten that my brother made that other account and posted some of the instructions before he gave up. Saw this post got bumped and thought I'd better finish the job. I still need to re-do the instructions for the weapons pod, S-foils and cockpit - the old ones are on my old Brickshelf account.

So here are the brand new in-progress B-wing instructions! I'm also planning a parts list at some point.

Krispy - where on earth did that LDD file come about from, it's awesome! (I've no experience at the program myself)

Posted Image

Hey! Now that's a helpful image (and flickr set :classic: ); I was wondering if I reconstructed the main wing correctly. It seems there are small differences, but the basics are (of course) the same. I see that I may have to do some last minute adjustments though: my technics skeleton consists of 2 parts; I think it'd be wise to have them join up for increased rigidity.

The LDD file I made from scratch, mainly because I wondered what parts I'd need to build this starfighter (only recently got back into the whole Lego thing so all my grey's are classic light grey).

@Punisher16 Sorry I'm taking a little longer; we suffered some food poisoning last week. Also, I might have to do one or two little adjustments.

#21 BlauUmlaut

BlauUmlaut

    Posts: 40
    Joined: 12-December 12
    Member: 34212
    Country: USA

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

 krispy, on 07 January 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:



Hey! Now that's a helpful image (and flickr set :classic: ); I was wondering if I reconstructed the main wing correctly. It seems there are small differences, but the basics are (of course) the same. I see that I may have to do some last minute adjustments though: my technics skeleton consists of 2 parts; I think it'd be wise to have them join up for increased rigidity.

The LDD file I made from scratch, mainly because I wondered what parts I'd need to build this starfighter (only recently got back into the whole Lego thing so all my grey's are classic light grey).

@Punisher16 Sorry I'm taking a little longer; we suffered some food poisoning last week. Also, I might have to do one or two little adjustments.

I heart your work, krispy.  Can't wait to see final build and instructions!

Blau




Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users