bricked one

Batman's Tumbler

For my 101st post I'd figure I'd share my tumbler that I've built and rebuilt just about every month since Batman Begins came out.

The sides are due to change.

01.jpg

02.jpg

The hatch opens!

07.jpg

08.jpg

Seats 2 minifigs!

09.jpg

Brickself Folder(when public)

C & C are welcomed.

Edited by Hinckley
Fixed spelling of "Batman"

Pretty good version of the Tumbler you got there the bricked one. Nice reverse build technique on the front sides, and great to see those flames on the rear engine thruster. Good job! :thumbup:

AWESOME vehicle, even Robin The Boy Wonder has somewhere to sit ! :laugh:

Great designing 'bricked one' and keep on saying.....same battime.....same batchannel ! :grin:

This is nice work, bricked one! I think you have come the closest to making a truly minifig scale Tumbler. I've thought about revisiting my Batmobile designs to aim for 8- or 10-wide actual minfig scale versions, but so far I've lacked the motivation. Yours seems to be 10-wide, due to the rear tires? Have you found any tire options that might let you do 8- or 9-wide version?

I'd like to see clearer pictures before I make too many suggestions, but it looks good overall. I like the front, and the engine in the rear looks great (though quite a bit out of scale). I agree the sides need a little work, but you've done a nice job abstracting out the details and getting the overall look right. I'd suggest using smaller tires in the front -- the difference in size between the front and rear tires is quite exaggerated (in the film; most toys seem to be based on a pre-production model with larger front tires). Anyways, thanks for sharing and keep up the good work! :thumbup:

And hooray for a new Batman MOCs in the Harry Potter Licensed forum! :tongue:

Edited by Pellaeon

Looks really well build, bricked one. :thumbup:

The way you've build the tumbler, looks really interesting.

My favorite part of your minifig scale tumbler is that it can fit two people. :classic:

the Inventor

Thanks a lot you guys, your comments mean a lot to me

I compared my tumbler with this picture and its alomost perfectly to scale other than that it needs to be 2-3 studs shorter.

TumblerBlueprint.gif?1290037220

and i have updated the pics, hopefully you can see it better.

This is nice work, bricked one! I think you have come the closest to making a truly minifig scale Tumbler. I've thought about revisiting my Batmobile designs to aim for 8- or 10-wide actual minfig scale versions, but so far I've lacked the motivation. Yours seems to be 10-wide, due to the rear tires? Have you found any tire options that might let you do 8- or 9-wide version?

Actually it should be 9.5 studs wide but 10 wide looks better and is easier to make.

Tumbler specs

If I were you, I wouldn't change your tumbler it's perfectly fine.

This is the best tumbler in Lego i've seen. Wondering how you did that one side piece that's a little "crooked".

Thanks, I would've never thought of that.

I wouldn't have either, good thing I had a whole bunch(3 or 4) of those bars and those clips lying around.

Ok, changed the sides and the rear end, I'm still not to sure about the sides but I think they look better now.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg15.jpg

16.jpg17.jpg

18.jpg19.jpg

reference pic

Link

Comments and criticism are welcomed...

Edited by bricked one

Like others have said, it's nice.

Very true to the movie. Can a minifigure fit inside?

I apologize if you've already answered this question but my browser is terribly slow and I can't view the topic prpoerly.

Will/Rocketbilly

Your second version looks much better now with the change in the side details (clever use of that grille piece) and the more spacing of the plates at the back. Very nice improvements! :thumbup:

Ooh, the new sides are excellent. I still think the engine is a bit much, but it is pretty. The front still looks too open -- I assume you don't want to do windows, but I'd try to close it up a bit.

Nice work! :thumbup:

yes, it can fit two minifigs, Batman and Robin.

And yes, the engine is way too big but I think its awesome like that, don't you agree?

Edited by bricked one