Hi, I am sort of new to Eurobricks but I'm not new to technic..:tongue:

I just wanted to share a creation I made last week and have finally found the time to upload a video. I call it the 8 Wheeler.. I'm obviously not very creative with names..

It has 8 wheels from the 8297 Offroader and has 4 Xl motors for drive and 1 M motor for steering. This one is not a finished MOC but more of a test to see how the independent modules stand in a full creation. I plan on making it a bit lighter but I figure that I won't have time to do that so I'll probably use it in future models instead.

I also made my first page on Moc Pages but it never showed up so...:sceptic:

Pictures have been uploaded to Brickshelf but probably haven't been put up yet..

@ crtlego: I looked at the 3 BIG pictures Brickshelf gallery to see the details. What kind of body are you going to build on this 8WD frame? If you have not decided, perhaps these Mascus vehicles would be good to consider:

Ponsse-ERGO-8WD,fd313ba7.jpg6341b40e.gif

I just wanted to share a creation I made last week... I call it the 8 Wheeler..

Very nice creation, it is modular indeed, I like it. It is quite simple yet very effective, that is the way I like to build my self too... :thumbup:

Looks like a great start! What do the two PF switches do?

Yeah, I was wondering the exact same thing. And maybe you can explain a little how the adjustable suspension works too...

What kind of body are you going to build on this 8WD frame? If you have not decided, perhaps these Mascus vehicles would be good to consider: http://www.mascus.lv/images/productimages/87f93b35/6341b40e.gif

These kind off vehicles have articulated steering, you know the steering system that all wheels are fixed. With articulated steering the entire chassis is "broken" in half and hydraulics are used to angle it and that makes the vehicle change direction... :classic:

But that doesn't change that I am also wondering what will it be... :laugh:

i think the switches are there for 2 reasons, the cord of the xl is'nt long enough to reach the reciever. and secondley the fist 2xl's are in the opposid direction of the other 2. this wil make the tyres go in the wrong direction, 4 going forward en 4 going backward.

i also wondr what it going to be :) judging on the lenght and ground clearance i don't think its for the forrest, i gamble it to be a crane of some sort :)

Edited by nielsvdv

Wow! Thanks for the awesome feedback..:classic:

I have been thinking a lot about what I'm going to do next mainly considering what parts I have left to use...

i also wondr what it going to be :) judging on the lenght and ground clearance i don't think its for the forrest, i gamble it to be a crane of some sort :)

I was thinking of making some Liebherr crane but I'm not sure if I have the parts to do that.. But it would work really well if I did..

I was also considering using this base as a new base for the crane truck 8258.. I made a rough edit in Paint a while ago to show my idea except it would only use the 8297 Offroader tires..

--I put the link for the picture here instead because it wouldn't let me post this file type "BMP":hmpf_bad:

--http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/crtlego/Technic/8258/better_crane_truck.bmp

It looks like fun but I'm still questioning whether I want to do that..

Then there is the "Mascus vehicles.. that looks like a possibility except for the articulated steering which can be done but would change the design..

And maybe you can explain a little how the adjustable suspension works too...

The adjustable suspension is of the likes of that in the Offroader except it is not motorized and each wheel can be adjusted. Basically by changing the angle that one end of the suspension is attached to the suspension will act differently.. It does not lift or lower the entire truck like the 8297 does but instead it makes the suspension stiff or not stiff so depending on what terrain it is on it can be changed..

i think the switches are there for 2 reasons, the cord of the xl is'nt long enough to reach the reciever. and secondley the fist 2xl's are in the opposid direction of the other 2. this wil make the tyres go in the wrong direction, 4 going forward en 4 going backward.

That is exactly what they are for.. sort of.. I flipped the position of the differentials on one side that they would go in the same direction but the extension of the cables is correct. Actually when I was filming an earlier version where I hadn't secured the switch the entire rear turned off and I was like "What!?! Why did half of it turn off?" But then I figured it out..:tongue:

Thanks for explaining stuff, now I understand... :classic:

About the crane truck, yes that would be cool. I love the design you made and maybe that is what you should go for. You have a very unique design with this... :thumbup:

Good luck and keep us posted. BTW did you check the progress of my Elphinstone Easyloader Road Train? :tongue:

--I put the link for the picture here instead because it wouldn't let me post this file type "BMP":hmpf_bad:

About this, you can easily use paint to save the file as a JPG. This saves loads of bits and is much more usefull and common...

BTW did you check the progress of my Elphinstone Easyloader Road Train? :tongue:

I've been following that thread very often. May I say that you have created one marvel of lego engineering.. You should try to make an LDD model for it.:tongue:

I was able to upload an animated GIF to Brickshelf showing the truck driving over some lego parts. It is very close to real speed.

8_wheeler.gif

Edited by Crtlego