In the tiny town of Alabatha, Delaware, the Mayor of the town holds a meeting.
"Thank you all for coming." he says.
The townspeople look uneasy, they knew what this meeting was going to be about. It was the reason most of the town had packed up and left.
"A few hours ago, I was informed by the governors office that our local Congressman, as well as a HUAC investigator will be coming to town to investigate allegations of communist spies."
The townsfolk had displeased and unhappy looks on their faces.
"The HUAC Investigator is coming to town to conduct investigations, and aid the police forces. They should arrive tomorrow."
The townsfolk were pleased, at least this would be resolved quickly.
"Look to your left." the mayor said.
The townspeople did.
"Look to your right." The mayor said.
The townspeople did.
"Odds are, you may have just stared at a commie."
The townsfolk frowned, and dispersed to get some sleep.
It is the Year 1952. Although the Second World War against Germany and the other Axis Powers has been won, a new enemy in the world has risen. The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, or the Soviet Union, has become a major threat to the United States of America, and her allies. In an effort to weed out the communist threat to America, the House Un-American Activities Committee, or HUAC, has launched countless trials against movie stars, politicians, and other various figures in the United States. Congressman Richard Nixon, or “The Red Hunter”, has become the so-called leader of HUAC.
In the tiny town of Alabatha, Delaware, the newly created Central Intelligence Agency has tracked a tiny group of communist spies, and dispatched a HUAC Investigator, as well as the local congressman; to help the townsfolk and local police forces pick out the spy or, potentially, spies.
However, this is a daunting task, as the spies from the Soviet Union are very good at their jobs, and will be quite difficult to capture.
I am looking for a total of 18 players. There may be more players added as the game progresses, so please, if you don't make it, don't feel discouraged.
(Borrowed partly from Dragonator’s Mystery Manor)
1. There are 18 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end. I am trusting you all not to drop out halfway through, as that is never any fun.
2. You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:
"I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".
Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:
"I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."
It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalized statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine.
3. This game is meant to be fun, so enjoy yourselves!
4. Please be patient with me between chapters, I will try to put up the chapter topics as quickly as possible, but, this might not be so all the time.
5. Please try to avoid editing your posts, as it can lead to suspicion against you. Just consider what you want to say before you say it, and you'll be fine.
6. Please remember that this is the early 1950’s. No iPods, digital cameras, cell phones, printers, computers, fax machines, or otherwise. No events past the current date either, or else people will view you as insane.
7. I won’t keep you in a certain room if you don’t want me too. You’ll always have the option of backtracking or researching the same place.
8. The host is usually always right. If you think I’ve made an error, then please discuss this in the discussion thread or feel free to PM me.
9. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the death of your character.
10. Remember that although a chapter has ended, that doesn’t mean that the day has concluded, and night actions can be used.
10b. There are also chapter actions. Those of you with chapter actions have the ability to use them at the end of each chapter.
11. No Metagaming please. Also, don’t base suspicions on how the person looks.
Rules may be added or deleted as the game goes on based on game play.
12. This is the 1950’s, the middle of the Cold War. You’re under constant worry of potential nuclear Armageddon, so act like it. The Communists are your enemies in this game, don’t forget that. Also, anytime historical facts from the 1950’s are brought in is a big plus.
Once again, I'm looking for 18 players. If you'd like to play, then please state past Mafia/Mystery involvements, as well as any knowledge you have with the Cold War and or the 1950's.
Edited by Bob the Construction Man, 13 November 2010 - 02:37 AM.