WhiteFang

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 poll

Collectable Minifigure Series 3  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite collectable minifigure inside series 3?

• Samurai Warrior
    • Elf
    • Fisherman
    • Space Alien
    • Space Villain
    • Mummy
    • Tennis Player
    • Baseball Player
    • Gorilla Suit Guy
    • Tribal Chief
    • Sumo Wrestler
    • Race Car Driver
    • Snowboarder
    • Hula Dancer
    • Rapper
    • Pilot
  2. 2. Which Collectable Minifigure Series do you like best or you love them all?

• Series 1
    • Series 2
    • Series 3
    • All Series
  3. 3. Will you like to see anymore upcoming Collectable Minifigures Series in the long run?

• Yes
    • No

Hello everyone,

With the recent update of the new official image shared by grograll, in this Collectable Minifigures Series 3 discussion, I guess it's time for us to vote for your one and only favourite minifigure inside Series 3 based on the image below. Meanwhile, if you wish to change your vote after you acquire the entire Series 3 at the later stage, you may choose to do so, as the current poll settings allow you to withdraw your votes by choosing other choices instead.

I am excited about this. Are you feeling excited too? For past official Eurobricks polls in Series 1 and Series 2, can be found in the following links below.

Collectable Minifigures Series 1 Poll

Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Poll

gallery_2351_21_82969.jpg

minifigs.jpg

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and tell us what is your favourite minifigure inside Series 3? Plus, share with us on your thoughts for your liking for all 3 series.

WhiteFang

Edited by WhiteFang
New image added

I just had to vote for our friend the elf, he is such a brilliant minifig. The torso, the leg print, the incredible shield...

How I would love an army of these fair elven warriors :blush: . So terribly sad they are changing the barcoding-thing so you can't easily obtain multiples.

However, at least Bricklink sellers will be happy!

Anyway, I'm not actually very into multiple collecting, so it'll be fun to be kept guessing right until you open the packet (hoping, hoping, hoping for an elf :classic:). I think the minifigure series has been great, and am very glad to see it continue.

Edited by Commander Laquiet

I voted for Hula Girl because I'm excited to have an Islander to add to my pirate theme, but I think if I weren't so pirate mad, I might have voted for something else... probably the Tennis Player.

There are three that I really like in this series, the Samurai, the Elf and the Fisherman. I finally decided to vote for the Samurai even though I can't see the printing on his torso, but I expect it to be great :thumbup: . I like minifigs from a historical theme, and even more if they are from a more uncommon era than the usual Caribbean Pirate or Western Europe Medieval Castle.

The elf looks nice too, lovely detailed printing on torso and legs. Though I wonder of the ears will spoil the good head or the good hairpiece :sceptic: (no, I don't like ears on my minifigs)

And the fisherman got a really great beard. Lets hope the Series gets out before Christmas :wink:

Series 3 seems to be a good one, maybe not quite up to Series 2 standard according to me, but still really good. The big let-down is of course the loss of bar codes, I guess I'll buy a whole box to tackle that problem.

I'm totally into the Space Alien :wub: :wub:

My favorite series so far has been Series 2. 1 was pretty good, but 2 has had my favorite figures so far. 3 doesn't look bad, but some of them are just :sick: (e.g. mummy and race car driver)

Space Villain.

Great torso for a Blacktron general and/or elite troops.

I just love the helmet in black and it's nice to see the raygun in a new color.

I will admit that despite the fact I am a spacer, my second choice wouldn't be

the Space Alien but the Elf. Mainly because of that great hairpiece that will allow me

to make some blonde Vulcans. (you really do need ears for that) :wink:

As for my favourite series. Right now it's the first.

For me it had the most useable minifigs.

Series two only had one stand-out, the Spartan, the rest just had some nice parts.

Series three has more stand-outs, Space Villain, Elf, Samurai, Space Alien,

Bollo, sorry, I mean Gorilla Suit Guy, but also some not so special, Tribal Chief, Race Car Driver.

Again the rest have some nice parts.

I voted for the Space Villain. Ever since the release of the Rench fig in Space Police III (possibly even before that, with all the references to older space themes in 2009 sets) I've been really into Blacktron. This guy manages to look appropriate for Blacktron while still looking really unique. Plus I have plans for that cyborg face of his...

I couldn't easily pick a favorite series of collectible figs. Right now I'd be kind of biased towards Series 2 since I own several figs from it and none from the other series, but Series 3 fits makes cute references to other LEGO themes (what with the aforementioned Blacktron-themed Space Villain and the Octan branding on the Race Car Driver's jacket) and includes several appealing figs like the Hula Girl. I haven't shed any tears over missing out on Series 1, but some of the figs like the Caveman, Skater, and Crash Test Dummy were brilliant and I'd certainly have tried to get a few Series 1 figs if I'd seen them in stores. So I had to say that I love every series equally.

Obviously I'd love to see more collectible minifigures. This has been LEGO's big chance to release minifigs they'd otherwise have trouble working into a theme, and they provide a great deal of variety in the sorts of characters we have available. Definitely hoping Series 4 will be just as impressive as series 2 and 3 have been!

I voted for the Tennis Player. She's definitely my favorite followed closely by the Elf.

For some reason this series just doesn't appeal to me like Series 1 and 2 did. Maybe it's the green boxes.

Certainly the Elf is the clear-cut winner among the new series... It's almost more interesting to see who finishes second.

As for the 'Best Series Ever' question, which is a good one, I had to go with the first. There was just something magical about it-- something fun and innocent and they all just seemed to go together in some strange weird inexplicable way. The second just didn't have the same level of charm from top to bottom, and I just don't see it in this range either. But that won't stop me from doing my best to track 'em all down, of course...

I chose the elf even though it was a difficult decision. The amount of printing was one of the things that made it come out on top and that it is in the fantasy realm. I love all the females so they as a group would be my second choice :wub: .

As for the favorite series, I had to go with them all. They all have such amazing figs that I never thought I'd see in Lego form which makes them extra special. I will admit that the first series has a special place in my heart though since it was our first taste of this new minifigure world.

There are three that I really like in this series, the Samurai, the Elf and the Fisherman.

These minifigs are my favorites too. The Samurai's head is great (and for somehow reminds me of Ken Watanabe from "The Last Samurai") and the torso's printing and colour looks promising.

The Elf looks fantastic! The body printing looks very beautiful and detailed and the shield is really exceptional. The expression on the face looks very nice and the blond hairpiece fits perfectly.

The Fisherman however is the minifig that gets my vote. I'm a town guy and this minifig really makes me want to have it. The dark blue knitted hat looks great and the overalls' orange is very beautiful. The new beard piece is also brilliant and the whole colour combination is a success.

Yup... having to pick only one, I have to go with the elf.

I don't like the second question, though... I "love" the collectibles, I suppose, but it's more like a small group of each one, it's hard to pick any series in particular, they've all had those few that seemed really great.

I had to go with the fisherman for my vote, because of the awesome accessory, and the beard doesn't hurt either. My second choice is the indian because of his detail; he would go well with the series 1 indian. After that, I like the elf, explorer, and snowboarder.

Looks like that elf is going to be "the new spartan"...

I voted for the rapper as my favourite S3 minifig, because I like the new stereo mold and the cap printing, although it was a tough choice between him and the hula girl!

I voted for S2 as my favourite series, because it has some great minifigs in it, like the Spartan, Surfer and Mexican to name a few.

I voted 'yes' to seeing more Minifig Series in the long run, because I think that they are great minifigs and that I will definately buy any future series.

~buddy~

Already? We don't even have the figs yet. :wacko:

Anyways, my choices were:

Snowboarder

Series 2

Yes

That's a great and very interesting topic, WhiteFang! :classic:

In this poll it was very easy for me to immediately make my decisions:

For me definately the Snowboarder is the best minifig of series 3.

Series 2 is imo the best minifigure series until now.

And of course I'd like to get more waves of minifigure series!

Klaus-Dieter

Definetly the Tennis Player because it has a great tennis raquet, and my favorite sport is tennis. :thumbup:

Series 2 had to be the best series so far. We got lots of new figs and great accesories. :classic:

I would love to see more waves of collectable minifigures. Lego did a great job of these.

I was wondering when such a poll would pop up. My favorite from Series 3 would have to be the Space Villain, simply because I love cyborgs, although the Elf and Alien are pretty cool as well.

My favorite Series is the second one. The Series 1 was mostly comprised of revamps of figs we had already seen before. Series 2 offered much more novelties and useful parts. Series 3 has too many Sports figs for my taste, and aside from those, the only real novelties in that series are the Elf, Gorilla, Rapper, and maybe Hula Girl.

There are still a lot of figs that could be done, so I certainly wouldn't mind them to continue this line!

I'd be very interested to hear from those people who voted no on the third question why they don't want any more of these awesome figs to be made.

Space villain, just too useful with the trans yellow visor, black helmet in the new mold (which I cannot describe how useful and awesome this helmet is) and the blacktron torso was just a cruel move, I can picture TLG saying "We'll just put a blacktron logo in there just so all space fans have to buy it, muahahaha".

Series 1 is still the best. The robot is better than the alien, even though the spaceman is tied with the villain. But more importantly, series 1 had clowns and cavemen. Series 2 was lackluster with the lack of sci-fi, and just the mime is not going to do it. Series 3 is cool, but not as cool as series 1.

More series? Yes, but I really think that if TLG is planning to do four series a year, they should seriously begin having only 8 figs per series. It would make it MUCH easier to complete a series, but most importantly, it won't saturate the market. The idea of having four series next year sounds scary if they are going to be 16 minifigs per series. If things stay that way. TLG will run out of ideas too quick and there will be too many minifigs, making collecting all the figs in each series too much of an expense per year.

the spaceman is tied with the villain.

I think the villain is slightly better since his visor is rare, his face is less generic, and even though the Spaceman's leg printing was neat, I'd take a shiny silver peg-leg over printing any day! :wub: Besides, villains are always cooler. :devil:

My vote goes to the Elf, just a lovely minifig and really reminds me of those in LOTR. I also voted for All Series, since as a general Lego fan, you cannot just easily choose one specific series because most of the figs they released are quite good overall. And yes, I would still like for this Collectible Minifig Series to continue, even if I'm waaay behind collecting them.

I think the villain is slightly better since his visor is rare, his face is less generic, and even though the Spaceman's leg printing was neat, I'd take a shiny silver peg-leg over printing any day! :wub: Besides, villains are always cooler. :devil:

Yes, but the spaceman's parts are less specialized, and a little more generic, which makes up for the lack of coolness.

I go for the Pilot.

The white moustache.

Helmet and goggle (like SW hoth trooper, only it's not).

That backpack ---> is it a parachute?

Looks like a veteran pilot. An Ace maybe.

So classic and nostalgic (WWII era? dunno).