Derfel Cadarn

Ye Old Forge

indexed.gif

Hi there, this is my next entry for the CCC. Ive been meaning to build a blacksmith shop for ages, so I wanted to build something bigger then the average castle house, something more minifig scale and realistic. Im quite pleased with how this turned out and definitly prefer the look of a larger house. Plus it also allowed the moc to focus more on the building rather then a excessive ammount of plantwork :laugh: Only thing Im not happy about is the pics which could have been better, but I can always retake some later as I may keep this moc for a future large layout.

5158499249_e81d17c7f8_z.jpg

5159096620_be992d5a2c_z.jpg

5159096420_a51b2d0cd5_z.jpg

Im afraid thats all the pics at the moment. I have taken photos of every angle but I havn't uploaded them yet, so they will prob be up by end of week on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/45244184@N04/

You have done it again Derfel! I love it, totally awesome. The chimney, the walls, the roof and the landscape are awesome! And those photos arent bad at all at me,

i can just look the pictures and wish at i could get that :cry_happy: Once again, brilliant job as always!

Captain Becker

Wow, what a beauty. Man do you have a lot of those 1x1 circles, which you use so well. The wood looks so real.

Great job :thumbup:

Edited by darth yogi

Awesome job, Derfel Cardarn. :thumbup::cry_happy:

It is indeed bigger in scale than your previous work, and I really love it. :wub: This scale is really mini figure size.

The woodwork on your blacksmith looks really great, and of course your 1x1 round plate technique looks really well done.

I much prefer you build like this than those creations with those excessive amount of foliage. :classic:

Good luck in the contest over at CC.

the Inventor

WOW! Yet another amazing creation. One look at your sig and anyone can see the caliber of your MOC's, and this one is certainly no different, nice job!

Wow, certainly most impressive creation! There are lots to be loved in this wonderful masterpiece - the medieval wooden finish of the house, the clever build of the wall using stacked 1x1 round plates, the overhang of the second floor, the lush greeneries in the surroundings - all of these contribute to make this a truly astounding MOC. Excellent work Derfel Cardarn! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Holy smokes, what a masterpiece! I'm basically at a loss of words here, that looks incredible! The amount of of detail in your creation is mind blowing. Thanks for sharing!

I don't visit this area enough, but if stuff like this appears here all the time, I better check it out more often! This is simply amazing. Incredible detail and probably my favorite MOC in recent memory. Great work!

Just stunning, such excellent work. I love how you did the fireplace, boy that's a lot of studs! :wub: The dark brown roof is so good. Really great work on this!

One word.....AWESOME !

The detail is just too much, another creation from that genius 'Derfel Cardarn' ! :grin:

Keep on MOCing ! :thumbup:

Awesome, just awesome. I wish I could see every building you've ever done all in one big scene.

I love the chimney on this one, and the architecture is so lifelike and would look arjay home in a movie or something.

Love it.

The exterior photos you have shown are fantastic! :classic:

Do you have any shots of the back and the interior?

kind regards,

Teddy

Beautiful! :wub:

This building has a perfect and very realistic harmony of the stone- and wood parts of the house.

It's amazingly detailed and it's great that you used both dark and reddish brown.

Very good job. Again.