Sign in to follow this  
Palms

EXC43-EP

gallery_101_23_281.gif

5146082807_da285dca7f_z.jpg

This is my escape pod MOC. It is used for smaller command ships and can serve as a small shuttle as it has reusable thrusters and landing gear.

5146685924_5ff9dbbb96_z.jpg

Side.

5146686044_74a04b391e_z.jpg

Back, hatch closed.

5146084221_c978bd9f7e_z.jpg

Back, hatch opening.

5146084399_ae8a1d710f_z.jpg

Back, interior. (Sorry, its hard to connect the hatch to the roof so I took these with the hatch open hence the shadow)

5147430624_eb1bc7f786_z.jpg

Interior.

5146083207_698d118707_b.jpg

Front greebling. (I built the ship around it)

5146083513_e5d8d13912_z.jpg

Top greebling. It's the shield generator (weak but it helps.)

5146686736_c2dff05dae_z.jpg

Top flare. (to distract missels)

5146084097_0c50c9318d_z.jpg

Adjustable thrusters. (Angled to make the pod spin)

5146687542_a2c81c389b_z.jpg

Landing gear. (closed)

5146084753_989c4bc823_z.jpg

Landing gear. (open)

5146687878_cb2a1e37ae_z.jpg

The heart of the build.

Great MOC Palms! It's really nice to see someone do this totally-forgotten but really important element of any huge SW vehicle - the escape pod. I like the decent amount of exterior greebles and the reversed-side interiors, really nice technique using the underside of the brackets as chairs'. Impressive work! :thumbup:

Very nice, I like the amount of out greebling, and several of those enhancements are important to ward off enemies. Keep it up!

Wow, this is without a doubt the nicest escape pod I have ever seen made out of LEGO. I love all the details that really make this look authentic. Even if they aren't authentic greebles.

Wow, this is without a doubt the nicest escape pod I have ever seen made out of LEGO. I love all the details that really make this look authentic. Even if they aren't authentic greebles.

Authentic greebles?

Authentic greebles?

I think he means because most escape pods are fairly smooth on the outside, with the exception of the rear end. Remember Apollo? The CM was smooth for a reason. Anything sticking out is just going to be burnt off. :classic:

Oh, I understand. The four thrusters swing out to a 30 degree angle to cause it to slow down and spin.

Excellent piece of designing there 'Palms' :thumbup: , I agree just the right amount of detail, not much - now I wonder is this creation for PT or OT craft ?

May the brick be with you ! :yoda:

Great use of SNOT but do you not want minifigs to be able to sit down in the pod? I would think you'd want some studs in there.

Excellent piece of designing there 'Palms' :thumbup: , I agree just the right amount of detail, not much - now I wonder is this creation for PT or OT craft ?

May the brick be with you ! :yoda:

Thanks, I designed it as a with a Pre-PT era in mind when the republic was stable and their was lots of luxurious ship manufactures

Great use of SNOT but do you not want minifigs to be able to sit down in the pod? I would think you'd want some studs in there.

I usually display my MOCs instead of "playing" with them (I swoosh them though). and I think it looks more realistic without studs.