The Old Ball and Chain

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Mos_Eisley

Mos_Eisley

Member: 7325

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:06 AM

Han was finally finished.  It was the work of many months, but the basement was finally converted into his dream man cave.  To celebrate, Han invited the guys over for cards and the Boonta Eve Classic.

Posted Image

No man cave would be complete without a full bar, and 3PO is ready to serve!  Besides a full selection of wine and spirits, commemorative Alderaan Ale and Bespin Lite are available on draft.  Han's most prized possession is this photo Lando took as Han and the Falcon ended their famous Kessel Run.

Posted Image

Wicket just can't stop playing the arcade version of Call of Duty 9: Galactic Warfare.  I have to admit, the multiplayer is really addictive.  Here you can also see Han's trophy and plaque from winning Roon's Annual Mynock Hunt.

Posted Image

Lando never passes a chance to play a little Talus Hold 'em.  Even though he has to fold his winning hands to Chewie, he's able to take plenty of credits from R2.

Posted Image

It feels like you're actually there when you watch podracing on Sony's new 90-inch 4320p Kaiburr Crystal Display Ultra Definition TV.  A signed, race-worn jersey of Han's favorite podracer, Ark "Bumpy" Roose, is proudly displayed on the wall.

Posted Image

Unfortunately, Leia isn't quite as excited about the new basement.  Han hasn't left the room since he finished it 3 days ago.  She finds his lack of help around the house disturbing.  Keep watching, any moment now Jacen's rattle is going to be thrown at Han.

Posted Image

He didn't even know women were allowed in the man cave.  If only the remote could turn her off like that one Adam Sandler movie.  Han often finds himself wishing he was still frozen in carbonite.  Luke just wishes she would get out of the way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you to KimT and everyone else involved with this contest!  There are some great entries so far and I look forward to seeing many more as the contest comes to a close!

#2 Ceroknight

Ceroknight

• Straight Up Cero!

Member: 12949

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:16 AM

how are you supposed to compete with this?  :thumbup:  :tongue:
Ceroknight
Posted Image Posted Image
Photo by Librarian-bot:His Fantastic Deviantart page
Brickset  Flickr

#3 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:30 AM

OMG !
That's so smegging AWESOME and FUNNY at the same time, I till my hat to you 'Mos_Eisley' one of the best SW vig's (minus ACPin's) I have seen in months.
Keep up the cool work......and dam, my Vader Overhauled has no chance ! :cry_sad:
Good luck and may the brick be will you ! :sweet:

#4 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:35 AM

Impressive creation as always Mos_Eisley! Astounding details as usual in your MOC, very well though-of scenes. Best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#5 Darth Yogi

Darth Yogi

• im from no-caps country

Member: 11065

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

Oh wow!!  My favorite entry so far.  So many details and I love the walls. Very funny :laugh:  Best of luck.
Amazing job :thumbup:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  
The Rabbit( MCW Contest entry)...........................Arrival on Tatooine...................................................Bail Organa's Airspeeder........................................Le Sans Fin

Flickr

#6 Legostein

Legostein

• I'm a million!

Member: 1505

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:54 PM

Hello!

A very sparkling-looking living room you created here. Everything is so shiny. :classic: What fascinates me most is something different however. There are no studs on the floor where you would expect them, but they are on the walls instead where you would not expect them. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher
Posted Image http://www.deckdesigns.de - Bricks, Building & Beyond Posted Image

#7 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:03 PM

Wow! I'm jealous of this mancave! I love the walls, and the decor and furniture is amazing! I like how C3PO is dressed up :laugh: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

BTW, where's Han's medal from ANH? :grin:

Edited by prateek, 02 November 2010 - 12:08 AM.

#8 sok117

sok117

• Grammer and Speling Professorr

Member: 6766

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:00 PM

This creation is amazingly good!  I really like the SW references, and the overall everything is great.  Props to your bar and card table, really looks like a man cave.  I don't like the mid jumper plates for the walls though, but thats really minor, and when compared to the rest of the moc, it is even more minor.  Only suggestion would be to put some more manly-ness in the cave.  There is a lot of open space that might be nicely filled by a cool pool table.
~Sok117

#9 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

Wow, This is by far my favorite so far.  The basement is awesome.  I love the walls, you've obviously seen a real mancave basement before.  The details just kill me, they are all perfect.  Just enough and not too much. :thumbup:

#10 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:06 AM

Mos_Eisley strikes again! My favorite part is the jersey, I love how you substituted 'Roose' for 'Rose'.  :classic:

#11 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:44 AM

Very impressive Mos_Eisly!  Every thing looks great! That pizza box is a great idea.  :thumbup:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 43.8 In Heroica RPG, On Quest #102
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#12 kzv

kzv

Member: 9159

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:14 AM

WOW!!!
This is just to good!!!
My vote goes to you :laugh:

kzv

#13 Mos_Eisley

Mos_Eisley

Member: 7325

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:28 PM

View Postprateek, on 01 November 2010 - 10:03 PM, said:

BTW, where's Han's medal from ANH? :grin:

He had to sell it and the Falcon to pay for the wedding.  I wanted to include it, but unfortunately, I couldn't come up with a solution for it that I liked so I just had to skip it.

Thanks everyone for the comments.  This was a fun one to build, especially as I'm not usually much of an interior builder.  I had a few more ideas for things to have around the room but in the end I thought they just cluttered the area too much.

#14 gratefulnat

gratefulnat

Member: 6384

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:43 PM

Superbly done, the look on Leia's face is priceless.

Lots of wonderful details to look at, but not at all cluttered.

Very good work, I can't stop myself from continually going back to look at it!
"I have every sympathy with the american who was so horrified by what he had read about the effects of smoking that he gave up reading." - H.S. Strauss
Brickset haves, brickset wants

#15 Santhor

Santhor

Member: 2733

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:58 AM

This is awesome, but I just LOVE Han's expression. He looks a lot like the stereotypical male couch potato. Once again, great job!

-Santhor
<Insert funny quote here>
<Insert computer-editted picture here>
<Insert cool links here>

#16 Blackicep8ntball

Blackicep8ntball

Member: 10302

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

This is glorious. SOOO perfect. Love your use of the M Falcon tiles on the wall... I wondered if I'd ever see those put to use!

#17 Torax

Torax

Member: 6953

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:55 PM

Pure win! Nice idea, I sure would like on of those rooms.
Congratulations for winning! :)

[My Introduction Topic: Link][Trade me your regular LEGO for my BIONICLE! PM me for a list of what BIONICLEs I have!]
[Star Wars Module Standard?]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users