Hibbs

George Lucas Mini Figure

I've allready posted this on another site and thought i would try here:

Hi, I’m new on here, before I start this is not a wind up or con. I am a Star wars fan in the UK and have some Lego sets but it’s my kids who are really into it, they love it. Earlier this year I acquired a George Lucas mini figure directly from Billund which I promptly gave to my kids. Move forward 6 months and my kids get a copy of the Star Wars visual directory, I thought it was really interesting and upon looking through it shows the George Lucas figure as a pre production example.

I just wondered if any one knows how many of these Lego would have produced and do I need to get it back of the kids and look after it or even get it on E-Bay. The figure exactly matches the one in the visual directory and the one on this site, that's how I found the site by doing a Google search for this figure in trying to find out more about it. I can provide pictures if required.

Pictures here:

Picture 15

Picture 14

Many thanks,

:oh: You, my friend, are in the lucky possession of a very rare minifig! Based on what it says in the visual dictionary, I believe this is a one-of-a-kind figure, but there might be more than one. Either way, it's a valuable collectible and should probably not be given into the hands of kids in my opinion! People will probably pay good money to get their hands on this.

I too would be interested to hear how exactly you got this little treasure.

Oh, and welcome to EB, and may the force be with you! :classic:

Wow, DO NOT let that go. I've never known of anyone to own one. You're a lucky duck.

Flesh head, yellow neck, easy to make, plus the kids have had it 6 months so it's probably scratched and chewed.

I'm not really sold on it. :sceptic:

Exactly.

If you remember from the LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary book, there was a picture of a George Lucas minifigure somewhere in the back. At least that’s what I was told since a) I can’t remember and b) I can’t find my copy of the book. There was also a picture of every Star Wars minifigure ever made, including prototypes. The George Lucas minifigure you see above is the real deal, not a custom job....Ol’ George? His production number is unknown, making it truly a one of a kind.

4878104227_4ee637faba.jpg

I don't care if it's real, it's unattractive (flesh and yellow), would be incredibly easy to make, and if the kids have had it for 6 months, it's probably not in great condition. That's all I'm saying. I'm one of those insane collectors who would want it, it's just not that stunning to me.

On the other hand, I :wub: the hell out of R2-KT.

I don't care if it's real, it's unattractive (flesh and yellow), would be incredibly easy to make, and if the kids have had it for 6 months, it's probably not in great condition. That's all I'm saying. I'm one of those insane collectors who would want it, it's just that stunning to me.

Which head is that, though? I don't recall seeing it before. (other than in the FBTB article)

For now it's a very rare figure. It'll either shoot up in value as the years go on or it will be a figure they include in future sets (like a 1 in 10,000 figure).

Considering it was just given to you it will likely get to the public at some point.

Don't sell it yet, but keep it in very very very good condition.

Or sell it to me for cheap.

You're lucky to have that Lucas MF alright, very rare minifig indeed. But if you don't want it, you might as well sell it... TO ME!!! :tongue: (Nah, just kidding) But seriously, hold onto that since it's a very rare collectible.

I'm with you on that Sir! I've actually campaigned for that before. I even changed my avatar to R2-KT for a while. I hope TLG is listening. :classic:

Edited by KielDaMan

While the Lucas figure would be nice to have, I'd much rather have an Irvin Kershner figure instead.

I wish Kershner had directed the prequels. George Lucas is a better producer than director. (Cough)howardtheduck(cough)

Man your a lucky guy! Make sure you get it off the kids before it starts being used for 'wiishh booom!' *oh2*

Very lucky though!

Im with you shadows! R2-KT is stunning! :wub:

CF

Also am I the only one NOT seeing yellow hands?

It's the yellow collar that throws it off. They simply swapped hands without changing the torso.

How did I get it.

I collect the normal 3 3/4 “ Star Wars figures and was searching on e-bay for a George Lucas one, they’ve done 2, one of him as a stormtrooper and one as an X-Wing pilot. I did my search and found a few of the above but also had this little chap appear.

I liked the look of him, the kids love the Lego mini figures so I thought I’d bid and got him. The seller said they were from Billund, I'd heard of Billund but couldn't remember where, when the packet arrived it was post marked Billund. This is where my research into him started. Eventually I found the FBTB page, then when I saw him in the visual directory it thought I’d start asking questions.

The kids don’t have him any more and luckily he isn’t chewed or marked, the photo’s were taken yesterday (Fri 29th Oct).

I went back to my E-Bay records as I couldn’t believe how much I had got him for and found that he’d been listed under collectables with no reference of Lego, Star Wars, mini-figure or anything like that in the title, I think that’s why he only appeared when I did a search for George Lucas, and very few other people found him.

i have the dictionary, it is in chapter 4, right bottom corner

Uh, I wasn't disputing that fact. I have the book, too. :wink:

Holy damn that's cool! :oh:

I only thought it was just a prototype never to be seen by public eyes. What you have there is really special never sell it, even though I want it. :tongue:

Wouldn't it be great if Lego released a "Behind the Scenes" battle pack with Directors vs. Actors. That would be awesome