Sign in to follow this  
Sorrow

How do you like my costume, luv?

Hi everyone!

Here's my entry for the Let's Go Cosplay Contest (and my first MOC on Eurobricks):

Theme: The Powerpuff Grils

Character: Bubbles

Cost: around EUR 5 for modelling clay (I needed three blocks – white, red and yellow). Paint doesn't count as I got it once for birthday;)

Hector (42) and June (29) have been married for a year now. They share a passion for old comics and cartoons but it's only recently that they've decided to go to a comic cosplay event.

Hector is a really tough guy (or so he seems at first glance) – burly, hairy and tattooed (by the way, that's why June fell for him – she thought he was so unlike the sissy guys around her) so it's obvious to June that the character he's going to impersonate has to match his super-virile looks. She's just decided who they were going to dress up as and she can't wait to break the news to her husband...

5109808559_821827e0e6_m.jpg

But Hector's plans for the upcoming event are quite different...

5110408750_85fe732c86_m.jpg

5110408866_15f820ccae_m.jpg

Hector-Bubbles-would-be-Bluto in his full glory:

5110408958_b5f7f548a1_m.jpg

5109808925_c1c0125be6_m.jpg

And the last pic

The whole set on Flickr

Hope you'll enjoy it. June certainly won't :devil:

Edited by Sorrow

Haha! This is such a funny entry Sorrow! 'Bubbles' is so cute... until the mask is taken off! :laugh: Good job on the huge mascot-size head. :thumbup: Best of luck in the contest!

Very good! ) :thumbup:

Such a great idea, executed perfectly! The costume indeed lookks freaky, which is no doubt very good for this contest! )

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

Really funny entry, Sorrow!

Glad we could inspire you to make your first MOC for Eurobricks :laugh:

P.S.: You used 6 pics instead of the 5 allowed by the contest's rules. Can you please change the first one into a link? Thank you :classic:

I'm glad you like it :classic:

Now that I had my first shot with customisation, I'll try to be more active in this forum... for which some of my purist friends will probably bite my head off;D

My goodness... Excellent work on the head, as well as the rest of the minifigure. Did you use Fimo?

Good luck in the voting!

Did you use Fimo?

Yes, it's boiled Fimo. I wasted one helmet and two torsos before I found out how to cook it properly;)