Sign in to follow this  
Forresto

12th Republic Attack Fleet

gallery_101_23_281.gif

The 12th Republic Attack Fleet was a large assault fleet made before the beginning of Clone Wars. The fleet was originally comprised of 8 Acclamator -class frigates where it was instrumental in the destruction of 6 different Commerce droid carriers. However during the chaotic beginning of the war, most of the fleet had been ambushed by General Grievous. In the resulting battle (The massacre on the Bl'ekthor straits) 65% of the fleet was destroyed with only 3 ships escaping the carnage. From then it became more of a quick response support fleet responding to distress calls and rescuing stranded infantry. When the fleet was shown the newest ships churned out of Kuat Drive Yards, the 12th fleet was introduced to the mighty Venator -class and the speedy Arquitens-class.

In fact the 12th fleet is one of the only fleets by the mid-Clone Wars to still have ships in it from the beginning of the war completely intact. The 444th Hornet Legion is stationed with the fleet under the command of Clone Commander Naraha and Jedi general Krios skone. The fleet it's self is commanded by Admiral Nygel.

Ships

Divergence -Acclamator class

Affliction -Acclamator class

Suppressor -Venator class

Sikkes -Arquitens class

Stratos -Consular class

The Fleet

rf1.jpg

rf2.jpg

Venator -Class

rf3.jpg

Acclamator -Class

rf7.jpg

Arquitens -Class

rf12.jpg

Admiral Nygel and Jedi general Krios skone.

fc1.jpg

Wookiepedia Links:

Acclamator -class

Venator -class

Arquitens -class

Brickshelf Gallery:

Link

Thank you all for viewing and remember questions and comments are very welcome! :classic:

Nice collection of minis Forresto! The designs of the individual ships are pretty decent and put together they look good as a fleet. :thumbup: Very 'resourceful' backdrop too. :wink:

I like it. :thumbup: The only thing I'm not sure about is the plates you used for the Venator's rear 'wings'.

AWESOME micro fleet and really cool custom figures you have there 'Forresto' ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! and may the force be with you ! :yoda:

Hello!

An excellent fleet assembly! :classic:

Maybe I can suggest something for the Venator's wedge shape. You could improve two things with only one piece actually. :classic: The middle gap is a bit too deep, meaning it's going to close to the center. And the back wedges have an angle too sharp. If you would replace the back wedges with this piece (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6106), you would have a better angle for the gap, and the center of the ship would 6 studs wide at the narrowest point of the gaps. Maybe you want to give it a try. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Nice collection of minis Forresto! The designs of the individual ships are pretty decent and put together they look good as a fleet. :thumbup: Very 'resourceful' backdrop too. :wink:

Thank you :classic: I had a map of the solar system laying around so I just grabbed it. In one of the shots (the first I think) you can see Uranus :blush:

AWESOME micro fleet and really cool custom figures you have there 'Forresto' ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! and may the force be with you ! :yoda:

Wow this is great love those Acclamator now I have gotta make my own version :devil:

Very very nice! These are great! :thumbup:

Thank you.

I like it. :thumbup: The only thing I'm not sure about is the plates you used for the Venator's rear 'wings'.

Hello!

An excellent fleet assembly! :classic:

Maybe I can suggest something for the Venator's wedge shape. You could improve two things with only one piece actually. :classic: The middle gap is a bit too deep, meaning it's going to close to the center. And the back wedges have an angle too sharp. If you would replace the back wedges with this piece (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6106), you would have a better angle for the gap, and the center of the ship would 6 studs wide at the narrowest point of the gaps. Maybe you want to give it a try. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I wasn't completely satisfied with those myself either. I am going to try your idea though Legostein, it actually seems to be a much better piece for a venator and I'm going to attempt it. Hopefully I have the piece in light grey :laugh:

Pretty good minis there! I like the figures too :sweet:

Thank you, the admiral was really just a last minute mash up I made for this shoot.

Wow! No one told me the republic had entered saturn's orbit!

Nice mini's there Forresto! I like the Acclamator and the Arquitens the best, but the Venator isn't far behind! :thumbup:

Nice job with them and the figs :wub:

CF