[Comic] Unlikely Society -- Chapter 32

4 replies to this topic

#1 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Member: 1014

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:42 PM

Hello,

I just posted the next chapter in the Unlikely Society, my ongoing, sporadically published Lego superhero comic. This chapter begins a huge new story arc, so please check it out, and let me know what you think!!

In this chapter, Holy Frijoles does some soul searching, as he decides whether he's really cut out for the superhero life. He seeks advice from Hue Man, who is always ready with his unique brand of ... um ... "wisdom."

Posted Image

As always, thanks for reading!

#2 Capt. Redblade

Capt. Redblade

• Python Parrot

Member: 6242

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:10 AM

:pir-sceptic: But... Hue Man is dead!

Edited by Capt. Redblade, 24 October 2010 - 04:11 AM.

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

-- The First Doctor

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."

-- The Seventh Doctor

#3 zero1312

zero1312

• Devilish Crap!!!!!

Member: 1455

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

Nice and promising start. :thumbup:
@Capt. Redblade:
Isn't it already explained?
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it!!
If my fate is to be destroyed................ I must simply laugh!!!

MOCpages:
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/99432

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Zepher

Zepher

• Green!

Member: 3241

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

A very powerful introduction.  Like I said you've really set yourself up for something good with the last few short arcs.  There are a ton of loose characters bouncing around, and it's really exciting to see how they will interact.  Hue Man and Olaf meeting Violet was a nice connection, and then of course Commander Awesome... I mean it's a perfect fit.  As long as you keep the characters bouncing off each other and furthering the story, well, I think that's what every good writer wants.  They say that good writers allow their stories to write themselves becuase the characters interacting writes itself.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

Lil' Zepher In Mafia School

#5 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Member: 1014

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:51 PM

View Postzero1312, on 24 October 2010 - 06:16 PM, said:

Nice and promising start. :thumbup:
@Capt. Redblade:
Isn't it already explained?

Indeed -- check out chapter 27, Capt. Redblade.

They say that good writers allow their stories to write themselves becuase the characters interacting writes itself.

Very true. The best bit of writing advice I ever read got was: "There's no such thing as writer's block. Writer's block is simply not knowing your characters well enough."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users