Admiral Croissant

20 gun frigate 'Vesta'

[pid][/pid] 101c

After about 1,5 year of building, I finally completed my French 20-gun frigate 'Vesta' (named after a Roman godess).

The hull could have been a bit better (for example the yellow line) but I also wanted to have acces to the gundeck.

On later projects, I'll try to improve that. I'm very satisfied with the rigging though (inspired by US ships 'President' and 'Essex').

I want to credit Captain Greenhair, Captain Blackmoor (or Oscar?), Perfectionist and perhaps a few other builders.

I don't exactly know what I 'borrowed' from them but they certainly gave me lots of inspiration and ideas.

If there are people going to 'LegoWorld' in Zwolle this year, you can see it for real every day there.

Enough babbling, time for pictures!

va21.jpg

Starting with the picture I like the most. The vesta in 'fighting mode' with the main sails 'rolled up'(?).

va2.jpg

Here you can see it with the moving yards (can be hoisted) and with all the sails taken in.

va3.jpg

Under full sail, without and with stu'nsails.

va4.jpg

All the sails can also be braced, as you can see here.

va6.jpg

Here a bird's eye view.

va22.jpg

It's also possible to get acces to the gundeck.

va1.jpg

No explanation needed :pir-classic:

va15.jpg

I can take the stern away to see the captain's cabin. (with a 'painting' of another Lego ship)

I like the picture with natural light a lot :pir-sweet:

va14.jpg

A close-up of stern and figurehead.

va17.jpg

Another close-up (swivel gun and ship bell).

va19.jpg

The ship's wheel. Unfortunately it's not 'working'.

va12.jpg

And a close-up of the rigging. (Note: For a bit more satisfaction of our purists, the thin black thread is all official lego thread).

Time to meet the crew!

va8.jpg

First the marines, 14 of them.

va7.jpg

24 brave sailors, all with a red bandana (and 1 croissant-servant-slave). And the officers, with a few familiar faces :pir-classic:

va20.jpg

And finally, a close-up of the stern with a few sailors.

Thanks for watching, C&C welcome :pir-sweet:

Holy moly! This is amazing! The sails look so realistic, as is every single detail in this ship! :thumbup::pir-oh:

Hats off. You, sir, are brilliant. This is hands down one of the most beautiful LEGO ships I have ever seen -- and a true frigate. Pardon me drooling all over the place, I'll go back to staring at the pics...

P.S.: Please please please give us some more high-res pics of this beauty!

Awesome.

This looks fantastic, the sails, omg. I just love them, the rigging job, all of it, it just looks so good. You've out done yourself on this one. I'd be very proud of this.

Instant scheduled for blogging!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

What an excellent ship it has become! :pirate-wub:

I'm totally in awe, and I think that will even get better when I see her with my own eyes soon!

Your rigging is totally stunning, your experience in rigging really paid off! :thumbup:

It's all perfect, great inspiration to other builders too!

Excellent Admiral, excellent. And congratulations with finishing her, you should be proud!!

It's been really nice to see your project progress from start to finish. And what a beautiful finish it is! Truly a real work of art! Nice work on this masterpiece, Admiral!

:jollyroger:

Truly magnificent! I am happy it is finally done, I have been waiting for this for some time, if only it were a redcoat ship :pir-tongue: I can only dream of building a ship of such beauty, Great work!

Holy smoke! Everything on that ship is perfect :pir-wub: Dont worry if the yellow line isnt perfect at you (At me its perfect) because the ridding and all looks juts fabolous, and the captains cabin is extremly nice whit Captain Zuloos ship painting on the wall :pir_laugh2: One question only, how did you do those windows on captain cabin?

Oh and she surely deservs to be frontpaged :thumbup:

Captain Becker

What an amazing ship Admiral Croissant. It's a real beauty. :pir-wub:

Can't wait to see it with my own eyes on LegoWorld. :pir-cry_happy:

Maybe everything isn't perfect but I find it really great. I especially like the sails and the rigging, it really complements the ship.

But I think you should make more pictures of all the details.

Keep up the great work. :thumbup:

the Inventor

Thanks for all the kind comments :pir-classic:

P.S.: Please please please give us some more high-res pics of this beauty!

But I think you should make more pictures of all the details.

I just put some more high res. pictures on my Brickshelf(under the name 'vestaa1'-'vestaa7'), also with some details.

You can see them as soon as they are public.

:pir_laugh2: One question only, how did you do those windows on captain cabin?

vestaa6.jpg

I suppose you mean how I did the 'lattice work' on it? Here you can see one of the windows.

As you can see it's this window, but I put a waterslide decal on it.

Beautiful! :pir-wub: Very well done indeed! :thumbup:

I am going to enjoy watching all the photos you took!

Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards,

Teddy

What a perfect ship! I think the standout feature for me is the working and impressive looking sails but the whole thing looks excellent, right down to the details of the crew. :thumbup:

You've created a real masterpiece Admiral, congrats! :thumbup:

I'm proud to think that I'm in the group of officers you've posted, and look forward to finally seeing her IRL on Sunday the 24th at Legoworld Holland!

Two thumbs up.... err wait... Lego men don't really have thumbs... hats off to you then. The ship is gorgeous! As good as can be done on the prefabbed hulls for sure.

WoW i dont know what to say..... this is a real masterpiece, there is only one thing missing, a sticker on the bottom with MADE IN HOLLAND :pir-tongue::pir_laugh2:

its been worth those 18 months! perhaps i will see her to in real life on legoworld

claus

It was already in sight, that it will be great......but that isn't just great, it is a Masterpiece. :thumbup:

Well done, well done! :pir-sweet:

Edited by Skalldyr

Wow! This is a beautiful ship! So many good details! The sails are great. :pir-cry_happy: I wish I could go see it. :pir-classic:

What a grand Frigate. I just love the rigging and the tumblehome detail. What era of sail is she from? And how many croissants are on board?

Edited by plokoon 4 life!

Lovely ship! I especially like the checkered floor in the captain's cabin as well as the phenomenal rigging. Well done!

- Swab

Thanks again for all the comments :pir-sweet:

...and look forward to finally seeing her IRL on Sunday the 24th at Legoworld Holland!

That's great. Unfortunately I won't be there the 24th. I have a hard test from school the next day :pir-sceptic:

But the ship will be there and that's the most important thing :pir-classic:

What era of sail is she from? And how many croissants are on board?

It's a frigate from the late 18th or early 19th century (about 1800).

There are 'just' 5 croissants aboard now, but one of them is made of gold and I have 8 croissants elsewhere.

Great build! Looks perfect and I love all the little details. Another fine ship from the pirate forums! I miss building pirates.