Eurobricks Staff in co-operation with BrickArms is proud to announce the Minifg Customisation Workshop Contest 2010
Create a new custom minifigure depicting someone who is going to take part to a cosplay meeting.
For those of you not familiar with the term, here is a handy link to the meaning of Cosplay.
It can be anything, from anime, manga or films/movies.
Here comes the interesting part: the masked minifigure must include details of both the cosplayer and ordinary life nature (i.e., how your character is in his/her dayly life, when not wearing a costume). This means that you have to make a fat Darth Vader, a dwarf Spiderman, an aged Wonder Woman or a male Sailor Moon… Adding 'home-made' details to the costumes could also be a way. Your imagination is the only limit!
The main goal is not to create the perfect Cosplay custom minifig but to create an imperfect but realistic Cosplayer minifig. By 'imperfect' means the Cosplayer should have like an amateurish costume, not very well done make-up, hair, and the like. (Thanks go to KielDaMan for this perfect description)
Note - Just one custom fig is required: the one with the costume; any other figs (like a not masked version of your character) will not be considered part of the entry.
• Your entry must be a recognisable reproduction of a cartoon/comics/films/other media character
• Your custom must be clearly recognisable as a masked geek: include some details to allow us to understand he/she is not the real character, but just someone pretending to be that
• For the nature of this contest, no digital entries are allowed - only actual brick-built entries
• For the same reason, photo editing of the entries will be allowed only for a better presentation; no digital added decals or parts’ colour changes will be allowed
• Your entries must be at least 51% recognizable LEGO
• Entries must have a background story, a note on which theme they are 'from' and which character you've copied
• Your custom figure must be showcased in an 8x8 vignette, showing how it blends into the LEGO world
• Entries' description must include an indication of the cost of the material used to create the custom (Not including the parts used for the vignette!)
• Contestants may submit a maximum number of 5 pictures per entry, keeping in mind that a base of 4 pictures (overall vignette plus front, side and back of the figure) is required to qualify for this contest
• Entries should have a link to a picture folder (non-resized pics, close-ups and stuff like that for the rest of us to enjoy)
• Max picture size for deeplinked pictures is 800 x 600 pixels
• No webcam or phone pictures - The pictures must be undisturbed - make a studio, anything but a table with a cat in the background
• Entries must be new customs. Any entry published online prior to the start of the contest will be disqualified
• You may not include in your entry any decal or other design element created by other customisers; actual custom plastic items (such as BrickArms, BrickForge and similar) are allowed, as long as you clearly refer to them in the text and you give due credit
• Clone brands’ (Oxford, Megablocks and suchlike) parts are definitely forbidden!
• Contest entries must be posted before the 20th of October 2010 12:00 GTM
• Only one entry per person
• All entries posted until the end date of the contest are considered Works In Progress
• All entries not living up to the rules on the end date will be disqualified
• Entries must be something the whole AFOLs’ community can enjoy. Please, avoid nudity, excessive gore, or other offensive content
• All entries will be commented 1 week before the end date by me, giving guidelines on how to qualify for the vote
Entries are to be posted within the Minifig Customization Workshop and type "MCW Contest 2010 Entry" in the topic description line.
There will be 3 prizes consisting of rich items’ packs offered by BrickArms
Find out more about the prizes here.
The Contest will run from today (20th of September 2010)
Have fun and start customising!