Oky

2011 LEGO Boardgames News & Discussion

Lego Heroica. Watching the video, I see there are four types of this game. Has this been confirmed, and is it just a game, or is it new?
If mods think this should merge this with the games thread, go ahead and merge them. Edited by Mrlegoninja

Thanks for posting this, Mrlegoninja.

Looks like a little HeroQuest clone, which sounds like lots of fun. It'd be very easy to expand the game yourself with new "rooms", items, creatures and rules, too.

I'm getting really excited about these games! :wub:

Thanks again!

Looks like Lego does Dungeons & Dragons. :laugh: Neat concept, but I'm not really interested.

If these were at Toy Fair, it means they are confirmed, don't you think? :wink:

And if you knew this should go into the games thread, why didn't you post it there in the first place? We've been discussing that game there for a while.

Thanks for that! I know myself and the other Games fans have been keeping an eye on this line but these are the first images I've seen. It seems to be just a board games line.

Since I don't play Heroquest, I'll just reckon it looks like any randomly-generated RPG. She was going a little fast for my German skills to capture everything but I think she was saying the same thing.

The boxes are gorgeous. The games themselves sound interesting gameplaywise, but don't look to have many interesting parts in them unless you've a psychotic fascination with 2x2 jumper plates.

I collect all the Games so I'll get these when they come out anyway, but my opinion of Heroica is pretty mixed, to be honest. How interesting the parts are is the #1 factor for me when I buy a set. Buying Shave-a-Sheep was painful....

Edited by Dunjohn

Buying Shave-a-Sheep was painful....

Still waiting for your review! :laugh:

In the

, you can see another new game in the background with lots of colorful 2x4 bricks.

EDIT: Pics of Heroica:

lego15.JPG

lego16.JPG

lego17.JPG

Those are the new weapons that are also in the kingdoms summer sets. The helmet is new however. It looks kinda weird. Isn't it too big for microfigs?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

You're right, I'd thought that was just a pile of demo bricks earlier but now I see the die and microfigs. Looks like you roll the die to build the wall, but I can't figure anything solid out.

A lego RPG? could be interesting, I think those might all be expansion packs, it will be interesting to see how gameplay works and if it isn't to <insert that tiresome argument>.

Thanks for that! I know myself and the other Games fans have been keeping an eye on this line but these are the first images I've seen. It seems to be just a board games line.

Since I don't play Heroquest, I'll just reckon it looks like any randomly-generated RPG. She was going a little fast for my German skills to capture everything but I think she was saying the same thing.

The boxes are gorgeous. The games themselves sound interesting gameplaywise, but don't look to have many interesting parts in them unless you've a psychotic fascination with 2x2 jumper plates.

I collect all the Games so I'll get these when they come out anyway, but my opinion of Heroica is pretty mixed, to be honest. How interesting the parts are is the #1 factor for me when I buy a set. Buying Shave-a-Sheep was painful....

If you look at some other images from the same batch of videos, you can see loads of new microfig scale weapons, such as bow and axe, in these games. :thumbup:

Lego D&D, woohoo!

This looks quite neat, I'll have to get them just for the dark and light bley 2x2 jumper tiles. Yes, I have a psychotic fascination. :grin:

If you look at some other images from the same batch of videos, you can see loads of new microfig scale weapons, such as bow and axe, in these games. :thumbup:

I think you mean minifig-scale. :tongue:

Well, I'm not so sure on these ones. I normally collect Games sets for pieces alone, and so the only appealing factor is the weaponry. I have not, however, seen that helmet in the Kingdoms sets (not in the cheap ones, anyway), so that is definitely something to pick up. :classic:

I see them in Oky's screenshots, alright. They're too big for microfigs but I think that helmet might fit. I don't buy many Castle sets so I'm nut sure, but they all look like new, smaller molds.

The forest set looks the most interesting to me. That lighter shade of green looks cool. I only own three pieces in that at the moment (three flower stalks from a big pink starter bucket of bricks).

Edited by Dunjohn

The helmet looks nice and the concept seems good. Brings back memories of evenings playing HeroQuest with friends. I'm looking forward to this.

I am really looking forward to this new Heroica series! Can't wait to find out more about this gameplay. It is like a modular game series with the basic pack, followed by 3 expansion packs. :wub:

It looks interesting but I can't see it competing with Descent or Castle Ravenloft for people into D&D type adventures.

I'll reserve judgement until I hear more.

After I vented my glee in the 2011 Kingdoms thread upon seeing pictures of this, hereby follows a short continuation:

AWESOME! I can easily see this becoming my favourite ever theme ever. Ever.

And I guess this'll be the day I'll start building microfig scale landscapes to embed Heroica's mode of play into. I already have ideas for modular kingdoms and locations, a random dungeon-system (somewhat as Brickquest does it...) and many many brick-built beasts.

Now to amass some compatible current games to stock up on potential hero and villain microfigs!

Be well all!

Cutty

I'm intrigued by these new sets. I can't wait to learn more about them, but I can definitely see myself picking some up for the parts if nothing else.

Interesting, but I don't think it will work well...

Way too complicated for kids to play, and just doesn't seem that exciting.. :sceptic:

Heroes of M&M in Lego - :thumbup:

With microfigs?! - :thumbdown:

But with assortment of pine new pieces - :thumbup:

Can be expanded?! - :thumbup:

Very clever move on behalf of TLC to my mind. if the game is really that good as it looks and if we get so many new interesting parts in proper colors, then it's going to be the second favourite games set s for me after monster one (which I bought for heads) and pirate ones (bought for crystals). :wub:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

It looks interesting but I can't see it competing with Descent or Castle Ravenloft for people into D&D type adventures.

Might be a good alternative for all those people suffering from Heroscape withdrawl, something new to collect... and I've been wondering if there might be a mod there for Ravenloft and the new Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game, the pieces are about the right size... ready for Lego Universe the Board Game :grin:

Very interesting indeed, it's taken TLG long enough to do this, I thought they might of had it out about a few years after brikwars but nevertheless it looks quite good. Unfortunately I won't be getting any due to the fact I live in a secluded area where there aren't many people to play with.

Can't wait for Heroica !

I hope the rules won't be too childish but this seems to be very very interesting !