Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 2 Building Contest
[CATEGORY A Entries]
Category A - Build an 8x8 Vignette
Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme where you could display any of the 16 new Collectable Minifigures from Series 2. It can be Town, Medieval or even Space. As long you are able to relate the chosen theme and minifigures to your audience, then you are on the right track.
Where would you display one of these in the above categories?
Mexican ~ Weightlifter ~ Pop Star ~ Traffic Cop ~ Lifeguard ~ Jungle Explorer ~ Spartan ~ Vampire
Pharaoh ~ Witch ~ Mime Artist ~ Ringmaster ~ Karate Master ~ DJ ~ Surfer ~ Skier
*IMPORTANT NOTE: ONE ENTRY PER POST PER MEMBER IN EACH CATEGORY AND BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIGURE YOU BUILT YOUR ENTRY FOR*
Category A - The Rules
- Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.).
- A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
- You may use the same type of minifigure in both categories.
- This is a building contest. Be creative. Any themes is allow as long you are able to relate the vignette for the minifigure which you are building for.
- No Series 2 minifigures are required. You don't need to own the figure you create a home for, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 2 in your official entry pictures. You may use accessories that already existed, like the bow, but not new ones from Series 2 like the microphone, for example. Please note Series 1 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
- No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers.
- No placeholder minifigure (Series 2) can be used to reflect the actual position in the entry.
- There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
- Entries are to be posted in this topic.
- One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifigure you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifigure and the theme that you have done. Other minifigures may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
- Digital backgrounds are allowed.
- No webcam or handphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
- The contest begins now and will end on the 28th of September, 2010 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
- In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
- Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.
At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries for the above categories. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes.
It's just that simple!
Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...