Jump to content


The Penguin's Blackgate Penitentiary


14 replies to this topic

#1 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:09 PM

Ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

It gives me great pleasure to present you my new Batman MOC: Blackgate Penitentiary.
Blackgate Penitentiary is a prison located on a small island in the Gotham Bay. Unlike Arkham Asylum, Blackgate is where non-insane criminals are usually kept.

You may remember that I usually present my MOCs in a story form, so this one is no exception. The story starts right after the Penguin's been captured and my Arkham Asylum events. I hope you'll like it. )  :sweet:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now some general pics of my MOC. )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope you liked it. )

Any comments, please? )  :sweet:


Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

#2 blhc11

blhc11

    Posts: 121
    Joined: 22-November 08
    Member: 4456
    Country: Portugal

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

Great scott Bat-dude! The Penguin has done it again!

Great MOC you have here beaky, I wish I had nearly as many pieces as you, I love it's shape and size, it seems like a great place to live, but I have to tell you I prefer Arkham, still this is yet another great one.

'Till the next time I ask you why did the Bat cross the road?
to arrest me after he trew a bommerang with wings at me and hit me in the face, then people ask me how I got these scars...

Cheers.

By- A clown who is afraid...

P.s: Where the freaking fudge is Bane?

I heard he was transferred to Arkham, but I still have hopes that it's just a rumour
Currently thinking up a fun signature... Oh well.

#3 Professor Flitwick

Professor Flitwick

  • F@$*wit Ferret


    Posts: 2959
    Joined: 31-January 07
    Member: 1318
    Country: England

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

Marvellous work, Penguin! I was wondering just yesterday is anyone would make Blackgate. I love the hangmans tree! Thats were the Ventriloquist crafted Scareface, no? I also like the use of handcuffs as scales on the statue of justice.

Also, it said that Warden had 'returned from Gotham'. Isn't Blackgate in Gotham?

I'm Agnostic and ambivalent about it.

Posted Image


#4 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

  • Doing the Chicken Dance


    Posts: 19584
    Joined: 28-October 09
    Member: 7997
    Country: Australia

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

Holly brickbuilt wonder, Batman ! :laugh:
AWESOME creation and comic strip you have come up with 'The Penguin' - all the rooms are fantastic.....a lot of thought has gone in to this MOC !
Keep up the COOL work and keep on bricking 'The Penguin' keep on bricking ! :sweet:

#5 blhc11

blhc11

    Posts: 121
    Joined: 22-November 08
    Member: 4456
    Country: Portugal

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:00 PM

View Postprofessor flitwick, on 05 September 2010 - 01:44 PM, said:

Also, it said that Warden had 'returned from Gotham'. Isn't Blackgate in Gotham?
If I remember correctly(which I probably don't) Blackgate is on some sorty of island and it's only connection with gotham is through a bridge, I say this because in the "No Man's Land" series there was a chapter in which Bane was trying to access Gotham and while to bridge was closed he had to go through it to arrive at Gotham, this is the only thing I remeber, mainly because Bane gives me the creeps

Cheers.

By- A guy who wastes way too much time on wikipedia and youtube, because it's impossible to waste time on eurobircks
Currently thinking up a fun signature... Oh well.

#6 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

    Posts: 9541
    Joined: 04-February 09
    Member: 5203
    Country: PILIPINAS

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:02 PM

Whoa! You have done it again Sir, a very impressive creation once again. :thumbup: That triple-level prison is very intimidating and imposing. This one reminds me of the penitentiary in Prison Break. I simply love the small details inside (gym, toilet, aquarium, evidence room, etc.). Your comic-presentation is superb as usual.

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages


#7 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:42 AM

Quote

Great scott Bat-dude! The Penguin has done it again!

Thank you, my crazy friend! )  :classic:

Quote

Great MOC you have here beaky, I wish I had nearly as many pieces as you, I love it's shape and size, it seems like a great place to live, but I have to tell you I prefer Arkham, still this is yet another great one.

Ha-ha!  :laugh: Yeah, in Arkham you have cosy soft walls ang the food is much better. However here you don't have to listen to some maniacs singing rude songs in the next camera.....  :hmpf_bad:

Quote

P.s: Where the freaking fudge is Bane?

I heard he was transferred to Arkham, but I still have hopes that it's just a rumour

Oh, he came to my Iceberg Lounge the day before, was asking for some "white-faced witty gringo". I told him I didn't know. So you owe me that one. )  :classic:


View Postprofessor flitwick, on 05 September 2010 - 01:44 PM, said:

Marvellous work, Penguin! I was wondering just yesterday is anyone would make Blackgate. I love the hangmans tree! Thats were the Ventriloquist crafted Scareface, no? I also like the use of handcuffs as scales on the statue of justice.

Also, it said that Warden had 'returned from Gotham'. Isn't Blackgate in Gotham?

Thank you very much! )  :classic:
Yes, I've never seen anyone making Blackgate in LEGO form before. Well, in fact I remember him mentioning the gallows, but since I deliberately made Blackgate in a lighter tone than Arkham, I thought that a tree would do better. You don't really know if it is an original hangmans tree or it was just put here in terrorem. In that case Ventriloquist's story may not be actually true.
There are several locations where Blackgate may be situated. In some stories it's situated in Gotham, in some in the suburbs..... However I imagine it to be on a separate island in Gotham Bay. In that term by saying that he "returned from Gotham", Zehrhard means that he returned from big land. )  :classic:

View Postlightningtiger, on 05 September 2010 - 02:04 PM, said:

Holly brickbuilt wonder, Batman ! :laugh:
AWESOME creation and comic strip you have come up with 'The Penguin' - all the rooms are fantastic.....a lot of thought has gone in to this MOC !
Keep up the COOL work and keep on bricking 'The Penguin' keep on bricking ! :sweet:

Thank you very much! )  :classic: Yeah, I've always wanted to make Blackgate. Even though you can't see it much in stories nowadays. ) And making it into a comic story was really fun. Not to mention the fact that I had a great opportunity to continue the story. )  :classic:


View Postblhc11, on 05 September 2010 - 03:00 PM, said:

If I remember correctly(which I probably don't) Blackgate is on some sorty of island and it's only connection with gotham is through a bridge, I say this because in the "No Man's Land" series there was a chapter in which Bane was trying to access Gotham and while to bridge was closed he had to go through it to arrive at Gotham, this is the only thing I remeber, mainly because Bane gives me the creeps

Correct you are! In fact that is the way he ecaped that time, looking for you! )  :laugh:
(as for Bane in my MOC, you could've seen his backpack in the evidence room. )


View PostKielDaMan, on 05 September 2010 - 03:02 PM, said:

Whoa! You have done it again Sir, a very impressive creation once again. :thumbup: That triple-level prison is very intimidating and imposing. This one reminds me of the penitentiary in Prison Break. I simply love the small details inside (gym, toilet, aquarium, evidence room, etc.). Your comic-presentation is superb as usual.

Thanks a lot! )  :thumbup:
I'm glad you liked it! Indeed, I tried to fill every small corner here with details, since it's always better (IMO) to have a highly detailed MOC, let sometimes at expense of its scale. )

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

#8 ADHO15

ADHO15

  • Another day, another hat


    Posts: 3810
    Joined: 07-January 08
    Member: 2428
    Country: UK

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:12 AM

Incredible, Penguin! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Where do you find all the parts to make such huge MOCs?!
I love all the rooms that fit nicely inside the prison and all the little details and decorations you've included.
Keep up the excellent work! I'd love to see more MOCs from you. :sweet:
Posted Image------------Posted Image  -  V2.0 coming soon...
Click here to support my Jedi Temple MOC (pictured) on LEGO Ideas

#9 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:54 PM

View PostADHO15, on 06 September 2010 - 08:12 AM, said:

Incredible, Penguin! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Where do you find all the parts to make such huge MOCs?!
I love all the rooms that fit nicely inside the prison and all the little details and decorations you've included.
Keep up the excellent work! I'd love to see more MOCs from you. :sweet:

Thanks, ADHO15! )  :thumbup:
Well, most of the parts served as my Arkham Asylum, but since Arkham was destroyed be an earthquake (i.e. my crashing it accidentally), the pieces were used to create the penitentiary. )  :classic:
I hope that a new MOC will appear pretty soon. If I don't get distracted by minigig customizing again! )  :laugh:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

#10 blhc11

blhc11

    Posts: 121
    Joined: 22-November 08
    Member: 4456
    Country: Portugal

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:40 PM

View PostThe Penguin, on 07 September 2010 - 07:54 PM, said:

Thanks, ADHO15! )  :thumbup:
Well, most of the parts served as my Arkham Asylum, but since Arkham was destroyed be an earthquake (i.e. my crashing it accidentally), the pieces were used to create the penitentiary. )  :classic:
I hope that a new MOC will appear pretty soon. If I don't get distracted by minigig customizing again! )  :laugh:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:
Distracted by minfig customizing?

I wonder what your figs would look like if you weren't distracted by them!

Then again I always say: "When something is supposed to be good get someone to pay you for it"(Then I wonder why I haven't hanged the bat's leather cowl on my armory yet... well it's not really an armory, it's an assortment of tricked out acessories to help me in situations of physical comedy(AKA: beating the spadoodles out of people)teehee)

Cheers.

By- A guy who, accordingly to his youtube audience, seems very british/australian in the comments he writes, blimey, I did not know that, mate.

P.s: did you consider that "outro" possibly offensive to british folks/australians?

P.p.s(off-topic too)- why the hell did the writers of Yu-Gi-freakin'-Oh think it'd be funny to incorporate card games on motorcycles? seriously card games on motorcycles are already a joke! How's a guy supposed to write decent material based on that crap? no wonder there's no YGO-5D's TAS!)
Currently thinking up a fun signature... Oh well.

#11 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:52 AM

View Postblhc11, on 07 September 2010 - 08:40 PM, said:

Distracted by minfig customizing?

I wonder what your figs would look like if you weren't distracted by them!

Well, what I actually meant was that the main problem with MOC-building for me is time and space.  :laugh: That is, all the leasure LEGO time I have I use on my minifigs, so I don't really have enough for MOCing. However, I hope that the new MOC will come sooner, since I've prepared (practically) all the nessesary parts (I usually do it beforehand) and what is more important have a clear idea of how it should look like. )  :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

Edited by The Penguin, 08 September 2010 - 05:53 AM.


#12 dr_spock

dr_spock

  • Ex-News Scout scouting for new themes


    Posts: 5131
    Joined: 28-December 09
    Member: 8775
    Country: Canada

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:25 AM

Holy batman, that's a great MOC and strip.   :thumbup:

#13 Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes

    Posts: 243
    Joined: 29-August 10
    Member: 12925

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:22 PM

Very Nice, Penguin, I love your lego work. it is some the best I see on these forums.

That is why I suggest to you to do some more charcharters, because you are so good
at it, speaking of which how are the charchaters, that I suggested coming ?

#14 NPimenta

NPimenta

    Posts: 61
    Joined: 19-September 08
    Member: 3961
    Country: Portugal

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:45 PM

very nice job  :thumbup: :thumbup:  
i like the story

#15 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:05 AM

Sorry for the late reply, guys, it was hard to find a way among HP topics on this forum!  :tongue:

View Postdr_spock, on 09 September 2010 - 01:25 AM, said:

Holy batman, that's a great MOC and strip.   :thumbup:

Thanks a lot, dr_spock! )  :classic:

View PostSam Vimes, on 09 September 2010 - 05:22 PM, said:

Very Nice, Penguin, I love your lego work. it is some the best I see on these forums.

That is why I suggest to you to do some more charcharters, because you are so good
at it, speaking of which how are the charchaters, that I suggested coming ?

You're too kind. Thanks! :blush:
Well the new bunch is practically ready. All I need is to get my HP sets in a couple of days for certain pieces and you'll see them! The time is pressing me a bit, so I can't really make figures at my usual paste. However, the bunches tend to become larger. )  :classic:

View PostNPimenta, on 09 September 2010 - 05:45 PM, said:

very nice job  :thumbup: :thumbup:  
i like the story

Thank you. )  :classic: I hope you'll like its continuation. )

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users