I realised I never shared this with Eurobricks -

museum1.jpg

museum2.jpg

museum3.jpg

museum4.jpg

museum5.jpg

:classic:

Wow.

Very nice. I like the shattered window and the clock. The classroom is fantastic. The details on the street are also great ("what a dog had left" is pretty good).

Very spooky! I really like all the details. BTW, are the windows made of duct tape, and where did that beard piece come from?

Hello!

That's a very inspiring creation! I like especially the outer details which let the museum appear in the right atmosphere. Things like the papers on the street the fell-over trashbin, the ppor man and the "minifig arm" :wink: really contribute to make it an authentic scene.

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great to see you building back Town. I never seen this before. Was this completed earlier? I saw it just now at the Flickr Classic-Town.net pool and went to EB to search for it. It's such a great creation with lots of detailed effects like the barricade windows, museum exhibits, shattered windows, etc. And, this is now featured in,

See it on Classic-Town.net

I especially like the brick fence, & the candle stand: I haven't seen it done like that before.

Ooh, I love the subtle interesting elements in this MOC - the cluttered pavement outside, the blackboard/chalk, the shattered glass, the use of the colorful Mexican cape. You did a good job conveying the overall picture of a sad and gloomy abandoned museum. default_thumbup.gif

Thanks for the comments everyone! :classic:

Very spooky! I really like all the details. BTW, are the windows made of duct tape, and where did that beard piece come from?

Yes, the windows are ductape; I would have brick-built the windows entirely, but I didn't have enough small trans bricks. The beard is from Brickforge (I never thought I'd find myself saying something like that!)

Great to see you building back Town. I never seen this before. Was this completed earlier? I saw it just now at the Flickr Classic-Town.net pool and went to EB to search for it. It's such a great creation with lots of detailed effects like the barricade windows, museum exhibits, shattered windows, etc. And, this is now featured in,

Thanks for the blog mate :wink: Yes, I built this back in March for the MOCathalon, but never got round to publicising it properly - it's been stuck in the dingy backwater that is my MOCpages since then.

Not bad 'SlyOwl' not bad at all......excellent building....though a little run down....I wonder if that kid will ask for their ball back eh ? :laugh:

Great designing.....note that's one big piece of doggie do too ! :wink:

I'm a conformist! 'SlyOwl' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

this is a fantastic creation! i featured it in my Lego design blog, Brickd. i love the wind-strewn items on the street. it creates a great atmosphere.

Great work as usual SlyOwl, the street looks very.... "streetish" I guess :tongue:

The use of the news papers is great. The museum displays are very realistic :thumbup:

Edited by Ratshot