IMHO your city is neither "awesome" nor "poor". Why do you offer a binary vote?
Robbie, on 23 August 2010 - 12:01 AM, said:
IMO you have a lot of space on your streets, so I think you need streetlights streetsigns minfigs to crowd the streets, some cars, maybe take away some baseplates to make the city layout less "wide". I really like the sets you used and the ammount of work you have put into this town :)
That's been my first impression when seeing your layout. Your city is "dead", there's no life in the streets.
I think you should:
- make your city more "compact" by either removing baseplates or adding houses;
- invest in a lot of minifigs: you can buy old minifigs sets (e.g. the Community Workers) or buy parts on BL or S@H;
- make your minifig walking, talking together, looking at each others, etc. (see the Eurobricks' Town banner above);
- adding street lights, street signs, benches, trees, etc. -- all are easy to build and all parts are on S@H if you don't want to buy on BL;
- adding vehicles, buses, trucks, etc.
However your layout is interesting and there are good ideas!