Jump to content


My Lego City


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 The Yellow Brick

The Yellow Brick

    Posts: 1192
    Joined: 10-June 10
    Member: 11404
    Country: England

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:02 PM

Posted Image Layout

Okay, so I've been wanting to post these for ages and I finally got around to doing it.
So here are some pictures of my Lego City



Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image


Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
The train yard


Posted Image
Down the line



Posted Image



Posted Image



Posted Image



Posted Image
The new pier, plus some rocks (WIP)


Posted Image



Posted Image
I do like this picture the best Posted Image


Posted Image



Posted Image



Posted Image

So there you have it, my Lego City


(Edited - to add another choice to poll)

Edited by Phred, 19 January 2012 - 07:00 PM.


#2 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10417
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:13 PM

Great job. One thing though, considering the police are so close to the water, they could use a coast guard post.

#3 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

  • Gungans taste like chicken


    Posts: 21400
    Joined: 28-October 09
    Member: 7997
    Country: Australia

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:52 PM

Very nice city so far 'The Red Brick' :sweet:  - a suggestion might be MOD'ing the pizza bar so it would look like your servo......with roads running front and back of the buildings - open back designs lose their realistic look - hence all my road/building layouts you can not see the open backs except from the back/side. :classic:
Great work - keep on going - water police might be a good idea as well as a few more MOC buildings like a bank, post office, car dealership, hardware store....etc., yeah I know sounds like what I do with my town.  :wink:
Keep on bricking 'The Red Brick' keep on bricking ! :sweet:

#4 sram

sram

    Posts: 12
    Joined: 15-July 10
    Member: 12025
    Country: Austria

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:42 AM

I like the small island in the sea/lake.

#5 Rapseflaps

Rapseflaps

  • Rapsy needs to refresh his mind with a fresh new title!


    Posts: 432
    Joined: 12-August 09
    Member: 7009
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:42 AM

Great city. And with room for expansion left. Yay!
My Sets  |  My 2010 Town Project  |   LEGO Stuff at Flickr

Reviews:
4012 Wave Cops  |  6689 Post Station*  |  6563 Gator Landing  |  6661 Mobile TV Studio*  |  6357 Stunt 'Copter N' Truck*  |  6355 Derby Trotter*  |  6264 Forbidden Cove  |  6983 Ice Station Odyssey**  |  6394 Metro Park & Service Tower*/**
* Blogged on Classic-Town.net
** Front-paged on Eurobricks.com

#6 Matthammer

Matthammer

    Posts: 40
    Joined: 20-August 10
    Member: 12716
    Country: England

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:42 AM

Hey,
Looks fantastic so far. I'd certainly go for Harbour as even on the outskirts, the airport would be too noisey for your residents ;)

#7 The Yellow Brick

The Yellow Brick

    Posts: 1192
    Joined: 10-June 10
    Member: 11404
    Country: England

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:11 AM

View PostMatthammer, on 21 August 2010 - 09:42 AM, said:

Hey,
Looks fantastic so far. I'd certainly go for Harbour as even on the outskirts, the airport would be too noisey for your residents ;)

Ha ha, I am going to wait and see if lego release a new harbour (hopefully they will in 2011)

#8 The Yellow Brick

The Yellow Brick

    Posts: 1192
    Joined: 10-June 10
    Member: 11404
    Country: England

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:57 AM

View Postprateek, on 20 August 2010 - 10:13 PM, said:

Great job. One thing though, considering the police are so close to the water, they could use a coast guard post.


With the new police boat coming out next year, I will buy some more blue pates and create a port next to the Police station.

Edited by The Red Brick, 28 August 2010 - 08:26 PM.


#9 The Yellow Brick

The Yellow Brick

    Posts: 1192
    Joined: 10-June 10
    Member: 11404
    Country: England

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

View PostRapseflaps, on 21 August 2010 - 08:42 AM, said:

Great city. And with room for expansion left. Yay!


Ha ha, maybe and expansion to my house before I can make a expansion to the City Posted Image

#10 Rick

Rick

  • Where's My Ostrich?


    Posts: 8500
    Joined: 11-February 09
    Member: 5261
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

Just a little (off-topic) tip: You can reply to multiple messages by toggling the MultiQuote button on the messages you'd like to quote and then hit 'Add Reply' at the bottom of the page. It even works across pages.

On-topic: that's quite a sizable city you have there with plenty of room to expand, for example by increasing the size of the blocks in the middle of the layout.

#11 The Yellow Brick

The Yellow Brick

    Posts: 1192
    Joined: 10-June 10
    Member: 11404
    Country: England

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

View PostRick, on 21 August 2010 - 12:47 PM, said:

Just a little (off-topic) tip: You can reply to multiple messages by toggling the MultiQuote button on the messages you'd like to quote and then hit 'Add Reply' at the bottom of the page. It even works across pages.

On-topic: that's quite a sizable city you have there with plenty of room to expand, for example by increasing the size of the blocks in the middle of the layout.

Ahh thank you for that little tip Posted Image

#12 metalgearsolid

metalgearsolid

    Posts: 118
    Joined: 04-December 09
    Member: 8457

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:31 PM

Very nice Red Brick!

And I must admit, I'm a little envious of all the space you have.  :tongue:

I suggest moving and grouping the wind turbines to the outskirts near the farm for more 'realism' and impact, but overall nice place you got.

I went for harbour cos I noticed your town is near the sea. And then you can also have the cargo train to start transporting container shipments...  :laugh:
Visit my Lego blog: A Modular Life

#13 The Yellow Brick

The Yellow Brick

    Posts: 1192
    Joined: 10-June 10
    Member: 11404
    Country: England

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

View Postmetalgearsolid, on 21 August 2010 - 01:31 PM, said:

Very nice Red Brick!

And I must admit, I'm a little envious of all the space you have.  :tongue:

I suggest moving and grouping the wind turbines to the outskirts near the farm for more 'realism' and impact, but overall nice place you got.

I went for harbour cos I noticed your town is near the sea. And then you can also have the cargo train to start transporting container shipments...  :laugh:


I have actually been thinking about moving the Wind turbine near the farm Posted Image



#14 Brickviller

Brickviller

    Posts: 298
    Joined: 10-August 10
    Member: 12489
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:53 PM

Soo much space! *huh*  :wub: Anyway very good city, and I see why you want an airport or harbor. It depends on what you like more and what will be avaliable next year (I mean a new harbor :grin: ). Does the passenger train also haves backlights?

#15 The Yellow Brick

The Yellow Brick

    Posts: 1192
    Joined: 10-June 10
    Member: 11404
    Country: England

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:56 PM

View PostBrickviller, on 21 August 2010 - 01:53 PM, said:

Soo much space! *huh*  :wub: Anyway very good city, and I see why you want an airport or harbor. It depends on what you like more and what will be avaliable next year (I mean a new harbor :grin: ). Does the passenger train also haves backlights?

No, it only has front lights because I only have 1 set of Lights and dont have any extension cables.

P.S This is my 100th post Posted Image

#16 SuperChris

SuperChris

    Posts: 290
    Joined: 25-January 10
    Member: 9294
    Country: England

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:17 PM

Nice layout! I'd love to be able to do something like this, but space is a issue.  :cry_sad:

I can't believe you've got a room next to it as well, full of more Lego!

#17 The Yellow Brick

The Yellow Brick

    Posts: 1192
    Joined: 10-June 10
    Member: 11404
    Country: England

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

View PostSuperChris, on 21 August 2010 - 02:17 PM, said:

Nice layout! I'd love to be able to do something like this, but space is a issue.  :cry_sad:

I can't believe you've got a room next to it as well, full of more Lego!

He he, I can't either Posted Image

#18 The Yellow Brick

The Yellow Brick

    Posts: 1192
    Joined: 10-June 10
    Member: 11404
    Country: England

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

View Postlightningtiger, on 20 August 2010 - 10:52 PM, said:

Very nice city so far 'The Red Brick' :sweet:  - a suggestion might be MOD'ing the pizza bar so it would look like your servo......with roads running front and back of the buildings - open back designs lose their realistic look - hence all my road/building layouts you can not see the open backs except from the back/side. :classic:

I might actually buy another City corner so I could fill in the back and maybe add a drive through window around the back, What do you think Posted Image

#19 Stegoceras

Stegoceras

    Posts: 205
    Joined: 12-August 10
    Member: 12544
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:50 PM

Woaw, nice town, completly jealous of all the buildings and road plates. Recently built up a city out of all my oldie sets and it doesn't even come close to yours. The only thing I might remark is that the streets are a tad empty, could do with some more vehicles and minifigs.

#20 Robbie

Robbie

    Posts: 22
    Joined: 10-June 10
    Member: 11383
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:01 AM

IMO you have a lot of space on your streets, so I think you need streetlights streetsigns minfigs to crowd the streets, some cars, maybe take away some baseplates to make the city layout less "wide". I really like the sets you used and the ammount of work you have put into this town :)

#21 Col. Brik

Col. Brik

    Posts: 432
    Joined: 14-November 08
    Member: 4374
    Country: PBR

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:33 AM

Awesome of course.

I voted "other". If it were mine I would shoot for completing the base plates with the intention of laying out the areas for the Harbor and then the Airport. During that time I'd fill in some of the are with more clutter. Meaning just add some extras everywhere to make the City look busy.

Very well done, though. Please don't get me wrong with the comment of adding more to what you've already done.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 Vindicare

Vindicare

    Posts: 4738
    Joined: 12-August 10
    Member: 12542
    Country: USA(California)

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:50 AM

As said already, the size you have is just insane! I definitely voted awesome for the city. I like what you did with the sets, but something that looks a bit out of place ro me would be the movie theatre. It just seems odd to see a movie theatre inbetween two houses.
Clone Army-147 & counting...

#23 Cavannus

Cavannus

    Posts: 113
    Joined: 14-November 08
    Member: 4377
    Country: Canada

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:05 AM

IMHO your city is neither "awesome" nor "poor". Why do you offer a binary vote?

View PostRobbie, on 23 August 2010 - 12:01 AM, said:

IMO you have a lot of space on your streets, so I think you need streetlights streetsigns minfigs to crowd the streets, some cars, maybe take away some baseplates to make the city layout less "wide". I really like the sets you used and the ammount of work you have put into this town :)
That's been my first impression when seeing your layout. Your city is "dead", there's no life in the streets.
I think you should:
- make your city more "compact" by either removing baseplates or adding houses;
- invest in a lot of minifigs: you can buy old minifigs sets (e.g. the Community Workers) or buy parts on BL or S@H;
- make your minifig walking, talking together, looking at each others, etc. (see the Eurobricks' Town banner above);
- adding street lights, street signs, benches, trees, etc. -- all are easy to build and all parts are on S@H if you don't want to buy on BL;
- adding vehicles, buses, trucks, etc.

However your layout is interesting and there are good ideas!

#24 solta

solta

    Posts: 127
    Joined: 18-August 10
    Member: 12677
    Country: Slovenia

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:03 AM

It's not just awesome, it's amazing and incredible.

#25 The Yellow Brick

The Yellow Brick

    Posts: 1192
    Joined: 10-June 10
    Member: 11404
    Country: England

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

View PostStegoceras, on 22 August 2010 - 09:50 PM, said:

Woaw, nice town, completly jealous of all the buildings and road plates. Recently built up a city out of all my oldie sets and it doesn't even come close to yours. The only thing I might remark is that the streets are a tad empty, could do with some more vehicles and minifigs.


View PostRobbie, on 23 August 2010 - 12:01 AM, said:

IMO you have a lot of space on your streets, so I think you need streetlights streetsigns minfigs to crowd the streets, some cars, maybe take away some baseplates to make the city layout less "wide". I really like the sets you used and the ammount of work you have put into this town :)


View PostCol. Brik, on 23 August 2010 - 02:33 AM, said:

Awesome of course.

I voted "other". If it were mine I would shoot for completing the base plates with the intention of laying out the areas for the Harbor and then the Airport. During that time I'd fill in some of the are with more clutter. Meaning just add some extras everywhere to make the City look busy.

Very well done, though. Please don't get me wrong with the comment of adding more to what you've already done.


View PostCavannus, on 23 August 2010 - 04:05 AM, said:

That's been my first impression when seeing your layout. Your city is "dead", there's no life in the streets.
I think you should:
- make your city more "compact" by either removing baseplates or adding houses;
- invest in a lot of minifigs: you can buy old minifigs sets (e.g. the Community Workers) or buy parts on BL or S@H;
- make your minifig walking, talking together, looking at each others, etc. (see the Eurobricks' Town banner above);
- adding street lights, street signs, benches, trees, etc. -- all are easy to build and all parts are on S@H if you don't want to buy on BL;
- adding vehicles, buses, trucks, etc.

However your layout is interesting and there are good ideas!





I agree with you guys about the streets looking to empty, I will buy the Public Transpot Station. Also I'm planning on making alot more Street Lights and Road signs.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users