Sign in to follow this  
Matn

The Hog's Head

The Hog's Head, an inn and pub frequented by shady unusual types, is located a block or so off High Street, the main road. It has been a fixture for Hogsmeade for hundreds of years and is currently owned by Aberforth Dumbledore. Although the old establishment appears run down and unappealing, it has been the place for remarkable events. On the eve of the Battle of Hogwarts Aberforth provided refuge in the Hog's Head to Harry, Ron and Hermoine after they inadvertently set off the Hogsmeade Caterwauling Charm. Later that night Dumbledore's Army and the Order of the Phoenix used the secret passageway in the Hog's Head as an entrance into Hogwarts to participate in the final showdown against Voldemort and his Death Eaters and to evacuate students.

After another quiet day, Aberforth Dumbledore rushes outside. He was putting the cat outside, and about to let his goats in, when he heard the Caterwauling Charm, which meant someone has apparated in Hogsmeade. The trio is now hiding in the Hog's Head, while Aberforth is about to get rid of the Death Eaters outside.

1.1.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

More pictures at:

Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=442429

MOCpages: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/220883

Flickr: The Hog's Head

The decal is my own design and can be found here on Eurobricks in the MCW board. Credit for the goats goes to SlyOwl.

The Hog's Head it very different from the other coloured Hogsmeade houses, probably because it's the oldest one. Light Bluish Grey doesn't look so much like stones, so it fits, and I used the black as wood because I'm running out of brown. :tongue: I hope you liked it, and sorry for the elaborate description. :blush:

Very nice pub 'Matn'.....ran out of brown eh ? :wink:

I guess you could say Dumbledore changed the roof to black after drinking too much ale or cider, right ? :grin:

Great work and I'm a conformist! 'Matn' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I love it. Goes well with the Tea Shop. I can just imagine Aberforth yelling "It's a goat, you idiot!" :laugh:

Brilliant. It is really on par with the tea shop. I love the medieval style of both of them.

All the details on the building really bring it alive and the colours are great :classic:

Another great MOC Matn! I like the you did the "black outlined light bley wall designs", really gives it a medieval look. And those brickbuilt goats are sweet! Nicely done Sir! :thumbup:

At first I thought the Hogwarts Mafia discussion thread got moved here for some reason and was confused, but I was delighted to find out it's one of your MOCs. :laugh: Nice work again, Matn! Your Hogsmead is coming together nicely! I especially like the details above and below the windows.

I used the black as wood because I'm running out of brown. :tongue:

Well, since the Hog's Head is a rather shady place, and the scene depicted took place at night, the black fits very well. :wink:

EDIT: Oh, and congrats on getting blogged on Brothers Brick! :thumbup:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I am liking the quaintness of the Hog's Head Matn, even though its a two story building in the novels (Though I think you mentioned why its only one story in the other MOC thread) Some cool goats and you have managed to make me like plane boring baseplates as well with the way you have dressed it up :thumbup:

Perhaps if you could remove one of the window panes from the boarded up one and leave it lying in front of the wall below the window?

Well done and I am on tenterhooks waiting for the rest of the builds.

Haha this is awesome! This is where one of my favorite scenes tale place!

'Stag?' roared the barman. 'It's a goat,idiot!'

And

'Brains like that, you could be a Death Eater, son. haven't I just proved my Patronus is a goat?'

The Hog's Head, an inn and pub frequented by shady unusual types, is located a block or so off High Street, the main road. It has been a fixture for Hogsmeade for hundreds of years and is currently owned by Aberforth Dumbledore. Although the old establishment appears run down and unappealing, it has been the place for remarkable events. On the eve of the Battle of Hogwarts Aberforth provided refuge in the Hog's Head to Harry, Ron and Hermoine after they inadvertently set off the Hogsmeade Caterwauling Charm. Later that night Dumbledore's Army and the Order of the Phoenix used the secret passageway in the Hog's Head as an entrance into Hogwarts to participate in the final showdown against Voldemort and his Death Eaters and to evacuate students.

After another quiet day, Aberforth Dumbledore rushes outside. He was putting the cat outside, and about to let his goats in, when he heard the Caterwauling Charm, which meant someone has apparated in Hogsmeade. The trio is now hiding in the Hog's Head, while Aberforth is about to get rid of the Death Eaters outside.

1.1.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

More pictures at:

Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=442429

MOCpages: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/220883

Flickr: The Hog's Head

The decal is my own design and can be found here on Eurobricks in the MCW board. Credit for the goats goes to SlyOwl.

The Hog's Head it very different from the other coloured Hogsmeade houses, probably because it's the oldest one. Light Bluish Grey doesn't look so much like stones, so it fits, and I used the black as wood because I'm running out of brown. :tongue: I hope you liked it, and sorry for the elaborate description. :blush:

i can't belive you made this out of scratch, it looks like it came from a real set!! it's amazing!!!!!