Tyrannosaur

5 replies to this topic

#1 Solitary Dark

Solitary Dark

• Sociological Experiment Administrator

Member: 10671

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:17 PM

Posted Image
I built the head ages ago, and finally this week finished his body.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I tried not to make a realistic looking Dinosaur, rather a creature with a mechanical look to it.

The hardest part was making legs that were strong enough to hold the head up, and the legs look too large when compared to the body as a result. However making the body bigger proved to be too heavy.

With the body he has he is actually quite poseable. A friend suggested the car shot, and I quite like it.

Edited by Rufus, 24 June 2011 - 05:02 PM.
Indexed

#2 ComputerBug

ComputerBug

Member: 4202

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:08 PM

Looks pretty good! But I would suggest that you make the head smaller and the body bigger because in the first shot I thought it was just a head with legs because it covered the rest. :sceptic: But I do like the cartoony look it has. :classic:

#3 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:20 PM

Great work 'mookage' :thumbup:  but it needs to beef up a little - looks like it's been on a diet ! :laugh:
Keep on bricking 'mookage' really keep on bricking ! :sweet:

#4 Forresto

Forresto

• Soccor Star

Member: 6841

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:30 AM

This is a pretty cool dino you got here Mookage. All though I do agree with the post above and he looks like he's on the prehistoic Jenny Craig :tongue:  However I do like that the head is so big, it makes him seem kind've cartoonish in a sot of sense.

"Be good or don't get caught." I tell my cats this every day - they never listen"
Link to my Flickr
Link to my 'Doctor Who' mocs

Posted Image  Thanks Joey!

#5 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:02 AM

That's a great-looking brickbuilt T-Rex, I love the use of various slopes to achieve the curved body parts. The red-black color combo also looks nice. I, for one, like the large head-on-a-skinny body - it looks effectively cartoonish (if that is the intended look). And yet again, professional-looking quality pics as usual, impressive job Mookage! Posted Image

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#6 vexorian

vexorian

Member: 8754

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:44 AM

I like it. I disagree with the posts about the body being too small in comparison to the head. I think the real problem is that the arms are hard to see. Granted, T-rex had freak small arms, but these ones need to be slightly larger, imho.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users