Sign in to follow this  
Bachus

Idea to use t-junction as a straight roadplate

I hate the fact that TLG keep selling straight roadplates and crossroads in one package. That's why I came up with this idea: Convert the t- junction plate into a straight roadplate. It saves me another 10€ :thumbup:

img1459gn.jpg

img1460b.jpg

img1461n.jpg

img1462lp.jpg

img1463hh.jpg

img1463m.jpg

img1465o.jpg

img1466lr.jpg

img1467kh.jpg

img1468c.jpg

img1469v.jpg

img1471gl.jpg

That is really good. I use the modified PNLTC sidewalks (two-plate thick, seven-stud wide) so I convert these to straight and corners as needed. I find the curved roadplates not great for city MOCs so I turn the T-Junction into a square corner by plating over the one side.

That is really good. I use the modified PNLTC sidewalks (two-plate thick, seven-stud wide) so I convert these to straight and corners as needed. I find the curved roadplates not great for city MOCs so I turn the T-Junction into a square corner by plating over the one side.

Wow... great ideas from both of you. Really appreciate the idea.

You could also use it as road-side parking for vehicles, provided that there is some pavement - from the modular buildings for example - already next to it.

EXCELLENT idea 'Bachus' - you only need to tile the paths either side of your addition so the minifig does have to step up so high on the platform. At least the height is better for the bus too !

Great designing - some times it's a fresh simple idea to that inspire others......I'm a conformist! 'Bachus' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet: