Sign in to follow this  
Thrash

Gladiator Arena

indexed.gif

For my display at Brickfair 2010, I decided to create a game where people could choose gladiators and then fight their friends. This arena served as the backdrop for the battles.

It was a lot of fun watching people come fight eachother, but it was pretty tiring to explain the rules to each group of people. It was kind of fun watching people try to Gore and Decapitate their friends, though…

title.jpg

A battle between a Murmillo and a Minotaur:

arena2.jpg

Some spectators watched. The guy seemed to enjoy it a bit more than the girl…:

spectators1.jpg

Maybe the girl was so mortified because she didn’t want to see one of them be thrown into the pit of death after the battle:

pit1.jpg

More about the individual gladiators can be found in this thread over in the MCW.

Thrash’s Gladiators Brickshelf

Hope you like it!

~Thrash

Very nice. I have seen some Gladiator Arena's in my time but this is one of the better ones.

I like the white floor and centerpiece along with the grey wall. The pit is a great addition, poor Conquistador :tongue:.

However might I suggest removing some of the plants, they sort of distract away from the main part especially on the battle area :thumbup:.

Well done, the build is brilliant, and that minotaur design is superb. Mind if I use him for another game I'm planning?

Excellent Roman MOC 'Thrash' :thumbup: - I really like the torso's on the Roman elite and well, who got the thumbs up or down ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

This is a really cool MOC. I like the pit and the arena. I agree that the vegitation on the arena level should be moved, however. I was wondering if you had any pics of the lower level? It for some reason has my interest and I would like to see if there are any details.

Very nice. I have seen some Gladiator Arena's in my time but this is one of the better ones.

I like the white floor and centerpiece along with the grey wall. The pit is a great addition, poor Conquistador :tongue:.

However might I suggest removing some of the plants, they sort of distract away from the main part especially on the battle area :thumbup:.

Thanks Burman! I definitely agree with you about the plants. I originally planned to have a lot of spectators, but my blank torso supply was running a little low (I had decals designed for them) and I was starting to run out of time before Brickfair. As a result, I just filled in for the crowd with a lot of bushes.

Well done, the build is brilliant, and that minotaur design is superb. Mind if I use him for another game I'm planning?

That would be fine. I've been using that minotaur design for a while...if I recall correctly I was inspired by Darkagent during the EBCCB a few years back.

Excellent Roman MOC 'Thrash' :thumbup: - I really like the torso's on the Roman elite and well, who got the thumbs up or down ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Haha, it looks to me like the Minotaur would win, so I'll say that the Murmillo got the thumbs down. Poor guy.

This is a really cool MOC. I like the pit and the arena. I agree that the vegitation on the arena level should be moved, however. I was wondering if you had any pics of the lower level? It for some reason has my interest and I would like to see if there are any details.

The doors that the Legionnaires are guarding are actually blocked off right behind the legionnaires. The top floor does lift off, but the bottom floor is just a blank baseplate that I used to hold all of the gladiators when transporting the MOC. Sorry to disappoint!

~Thrash

Great backdrop, Thrash. The pit of death is just awesome. :tongue: I agree there are a bit too much plants, but perhaps it would look less exciting without them. The game sounds also very interesting, and it looks even better if you have something like this to place your great custom figures on. :thumbup:

Nice build Thrash. The whole thing has a cool shape to it, and I like the addition of the pit and decorations along the sides - the extra depth adds a lot to the creation. I also like the gate, and the greenery adds a nice dose of colour to the scene.

Well done on a nice arena Thrash. It was a great idea to allow people to interact with your display as well. My guess is if you had the time you would print out a simple sheet of rules or make a simplified battle plan for people to use. Love the pit, the angles involved and the feel of the caverns and caged areas is great too. :thumbup:

Well done.

Very cool! Excellent detailing and I like the pit of death. :devil: