New Nitro menace trading for8479 techinc bar code truck

3 replies to this topic

#1 5150 Lego

5150 Lego

• Has a ball of string and isn't afraid to use it

Member: 586

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:15 AM

So while browsing through Brickshelf, i came across somone that wants to trade 8479 techinc for a Nitro menace. since i don't have a nitro menace, i was going to by one new from lego shop at home brand new. Now the truck is used, but he says al the parts are there, and are in good condition. I' not to familuar with this set, other than it goes for around $200 on brick link, and that you can scan in some bar codes and it will lift up and down, and the rear bucket dumps. So does this sound like a good deal? Is there anything i should know about this set? (in terms of any speacial parts i should make sure are included). This sounds like a really good deal to me. Any help would be great!
Calm down... HAVE SOME DIP!

If at first you don't succeed,........ Then skydiving is not for you!

Check it out! www.emergencybricks.com

#2 gylman

gylman

• Excellent......

Member: 252

Posted 17 April 2006 - 12:35 PM

It's a spectacular deal if the set in good condition. Even if  only for the parts is a good deal.

New technic green junk vs almost classic (some liftarms) technic  goodness.

To make it workyou need a "code pilot" module, which you can see is an early version of the RCX,  and a piece of paper or two that has the bar codes printed on it.  They are loose, separate from the instructions. You then program the module to do a bunch of things (not just go up and down) by scaning a series of codes into it.

I remember when I got it from the UK on eBay it did not have the bar code sheet, and I was able to get a program that printed them out, but I dunno if it is is still available or if I have it.

#3 dunamis

dunamis

• It's no good captain i canny reach!!!

Member: 226

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:53 PM

I actually have this set as well (yet another Ebay find.)  Mine came with large (probably 11" x 14") placemats (for lack of a better term) that have the bar codes on them.  I think there are two of these "placemats" that have printing on both sides.  I can check when I get home if you need me to be sure.  I suppose the placemats could be photocopied if you don't have the originals.

I have not built this set yet, but that might be my next project and I can try photocopying the placemats to see if it works.  If so, I could mail the copies to you if you need.

On a side note, I just picked up the Nitro Menace at TRU on their BOGO 50% off sale.  So, to answer your original question, yes I would trade the Nitro Menace for the 8479.
So much LEGO, so little time...

#4 dunamis

dunamis

• It's no good captain i canny reach!!!

Member: 226

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:45 AM

I checked it out.  It is one 11x17 placemat with bar codes on both sides.  Let me know if you need me to see if photocopying will work.
So much LEGO, so little time...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users