Last night was a fortunate one indeed for the innocent residents of Hogwarts, for none of them were killed. But for how long could such luck last?
There was still the Dementor left to be concerned about. Even though it did not succeed to give anybody its deathly kiss, it still went unbanished.
And there were spells other than Avada Kedavra to watch out for, like the Petrificus Totalus charm that hit Valerie MacArthur just before she was casting another spell herself.
But although the residents of Hogwarts lived to see another day, it didn't mean there weren't any casualties that night.
The bodies of a total of seven Auror agents were found lying haphazardly in front of the entrance doors, with an eerily glowing symbol of the Deathly Hallows etched on the floor between them. On the doors, there was a text saying "You will all die for the Hallowed rising!".
The Death's Hallowed had sent a grave warning.
The next morning, people gathered at the Great Hall once again, finding Headmistress McGonagall in a heated debate with Minister Granger-Weasley. The leading Aurors were not present. Rumours of the deaths of the seven agents spread among the crowd.
A little later, Nurse Hearth brought Valerie MacArthur to the Great Hall. The Ravenclaw girl had made a stupendously fast recovery.
Just as the headmistress started to tell the crowd about the events of the night, Aurors Potter and Weasley dashed into the hall.
"This does it!" shouted Auror Potter. "This insanity will not cost the life of any more of my agents. From here on out, you must do without the protection of the Aurors!"
"As if that has helped us before this..." someone murmured in the crowd.
"Auror Weasley and myself will be the only Aurors left to help you solve this tragedy - and that's only because you finally managed to catch one of the Death's Hallowed, Sheila Bones."
"She was indeed the werewolf that was spotted a couple of nights ago", Auror Weasley continued. "It's a shame a girl from such a prestigious family as the Boneses was so easily converted to the dark side..."
"You better get equal results today as well, or I will finally do what I should've done in the first place and ship the whole lot of you to New Azkaban!" Auror Potter threatened.
The Aurors pushed their way out of the hall, with the Minister of Magic on their heels. The headmistress opened the discussion.
1. There are two opposing sides in this game, the Death’s Hallowed and the Innocent. The Death’s Hallowed win when they outnumber the others. The Innocent win when they’ve vanquished all of the Death’s Hallowed.
2. Each day, the players will vote out one amongst them with a majority decision. To vote or to draw back your vote, you must use the following sentence in your post: vote: character/player or unvote: character/player. If you want to change your vote, you must first unvote before the second vote is calculated.
3. During days, there is a 24 hour period before anyone can vote. Once the majority decision is reached, you cannot unvote the player in question anymore.
4. Every player will get a short list of items, spells and skills at their disposal. These can be used only at nights.
5. Each night, the players can use one of their items, spells, OR skills by sending the host a PM about it. Some items and skills have an automatic effect, which will be handled by the host. Items can be handed over to another player, but that will cost the giver the night’s action.
6. To give someone else your item, send the host a PM stating the item you wish to give, the name of the player you wish to give it to, and whether you want to remain anonymous or not. Items cannot be exchanged without the host acting as an intermediary.
7. The night abilities have a pre-specified order of effect. If you don’t send your night ability by the time limit I’ve given each day, you will miss your chance to use it.
8. The Day-topics are meant for active players only, so do not post in them if you are already out of the game. The Discussion-topic is open to everybody.
9. Do not edit your posts, because it is considered unfair to other players.
10. Do not directly quote anything I’ve sent to you via PM. Use your own words, please.
11. All out-of-character discussion must be kept in the Discussion-topic. Likewise, all talk about game tactics and roles must be kept in the Day-topics and PMs.
12. Since this game deviates quite a lot from other Mafia-games, please ask any questions or doubts you might have directly from me, and you will be answered.
Hogwarts Faculty:Brigelda Hearth, nurse (WhiteFang)
Crudo Alakhazam, teacher of Charms (Big Cam)
Eloquence Malleus, teacher of Transfigurations (Shadows)
Jingle the House-elf (Dragonator)
Neville Longbottom, teacher of Herbology and Head of Gryffindor House (professor flitwick)
Rhubarb Uxley, teacher of Care of Magical Creatures and Head of Hufflepuff House (Escape the Fate)
Sicilia Bathory, teacher of Potions and Head of Ravenclaw House (Eskallon)
Hogwarts Students:Desiree Jackson, Gryffindor (badboytje88)
Jolie Jadis, Slytherin (Lord Arjay)
Loki Malfoy, Slytherin (ILikePi)
Prion the Centaur, Hufflepuff (Forresto)
Rocky Broomwell, Gryffindor (hewkii9)
Valerie MacArthur, Ravenclaw (Inconspicuous)
Xander Lovegood, Gryffindor (CallMePie)
Tea Ching, teacher of Divination and a ghost (iamded)
The Deceased & The Confined:Brandon Townsend, Hufflepuff (Oky Wan Kenobi) - Impartial (killed on Night One)
Oraman Furbad, caretaker (JimButcher) - Innocent (slain by a monster on Night One)
Angela Weasley, Gryffindor (Burman) - Innocent (voted out on Day Two)
Francis Rowan, Ravenclaw (ADHO15) - Innocent (killed on Night Two)
Nene Grandstaff, Hufflepuff (Millacol88) - Impartial (voted out on Day Four)
Tea Ching, teacher of Divination (iamded) - Innocent (killed on Night Four, now a ghost)
Todd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode, Slytherin (Roncanator) - Innocent (voted out on Day Five)
Harriet Pewter, Slytherin (YG-49) - Innocent (killed on Night Five)
Stephanie Kingston, librarian (Zepher) - Innocent (kissed by a Dementor on Night Five)
Sheila Bones, Ravenclaw (Matn) - Death's Hallowed (voted out on Day Six)
There are 14 players left in the game, thus it will take 8 votes to convict someone. Voting starts 24 hours from now.