Sign in to follow this  
Carbohydrates

MOC: Apple

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I made this for the fruit-themed contest thread before I realized that it was a raffle. I might not have put so much effort in had I known beforehand! Oh well, as long as I have, might as well show it off some. It's based around a Lowell / Bram sphere, except I wanted to try making one fully tiled. I didn't use a sphere generator or anything for this. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!

applechalkboards.jpg

applewhite001s.jpg

applewhite002s.jpg

I was also testing out my new macro filters, and I must say I'm very pleased with them! Red's kinda tricky to shoot well, but it came out very crisp.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Lego apple perfection. Ah, and it took me quite a while to realize those were not real pencils! If it was a contest, you'd have got my vote.

Very nice. What kind of macro filter did you use?

Thanks! They're these ones for 52mm, used with a Nikon D3000 with its 18-55 kit lens and an SB-900 flash.

edit: Now that I think about it, the three photos I ended up using were shot without flash, though.

Edited by Carbohydrates

I love that apple and the pencils too. And the photos are professional-looking. Certainly impressive work Carbo! default_thumbup.gif And don't worry about putting too much effort on it, isn't looking at your amazing creation gratifying enough? default_blink.gif

Edited by KielDaMan

I mean, it's perfect. The shape is awesome, the bottom is very good, and I love how rounded you got it. The pencils are also an awesome touch, if the first photo there is no way i knew they were LEGO.

Great job! This is so much better than my apple that I'm embaressed... :blush:

Amazing work! :thumbup:

Edited by Flare

Awesome model! Do you have a digital version? (ldd or other) Or maybe some more detailed images? I would very much like to make one too!

Awesome model! Do you have a digital version? (ldd or other) Or maybe some more detailed images? I would very much like to make one too!

Please Don't Wake up old topics like this one. The last post was six Months ago.

Well since this has been revived anyway, I'd like to say that is a nice apple, but those pencils are awesome! :laugh: Very nicely done. :thumbup: