Sign in to follow this  
andythenorth

MOC: Foremost Commander

The Foremost Commander is a heavy-duty off-road hauler used for projects like oilfield construction. Produced in Canada, it hauls about 27t on terra tyres which provide high flotation on mud, muskeg etc.

This MOC is over 1m long and weighs...a lot :)

It's not motorised. I constructed it to be very strong, and the weight would be too much even with 1 motor per axle. There's no room for motors in any case - most of the chassis is blocked by reinforcing beams :cry_happy:

Features full walking-beam rear suspension, working ten cylinder engine, a rear brake and dual winches. Uses Power Puller wheels. It's fully 6x6, with a centre-differential between front and rear transmissions. Play value isn't great...again it's too big and heavy...but it looks great :tongue:

Right now the MOC is covered in dust and missing some parts due to a house renovation. Maybe I should spruce it up and take more pictures...

4826895221_59cdc4202b.jpg

Umbrella for scale!

4827504376_4a12432474.jpg

4826896459_3cdff808ac.jpg

V10 Power!

Edited by andythenorth

Maybe I should spruce it up and take more pictures...

Wow -- a meter-long Lego Technic truck! *oh2* Yes, please do take more pictures to highlight the features you mentioned. At first glance, the modules at the front of the trailer LOOK like they could be multiple Lego Power Functions Battery Boxes. Are you SURE that this beautiful MOC cannot be motorized? :blush:

Maybe they use these Foremost Commanders in the Alberta Tar Sands area north of Fort McMurray, AB, Canada.

Yes, please do take more pictures to highlight the features you mentioned

There are some old pictures on flickr here (not very good quality).

Also there's a set of images from the build.

EDIT. I am also planning to build a Rolligon Brute 8x8 truck, this *will* be motorised. I'll build it light and flexible, with either four or eight motors for power.

http://www.nov.com/Well_Service_and_Completion/All_Terrain_Vehicles/Bodyload_Units/Rolligon_8X8_Brute.aspx

http://www.foremost.ca/index_preown.php?subaction=showfull&id=1269288586&archive=&start_from=&ucat=53&

Edited by andythenorth

Very nice MOC !! In fact, I like the fact that it's not motorised, good to see a good old "acoustic" model :classic: . And the choice of not motorising is wise IMO one if you don't want broken gears and twisted axles.

This model is huge. I didn't realize how big it was in the pictures until I saw what wheels you were using on it.