#1 SavaTheAggie

SavaTheAggie

• Thick-skinned

Member: 1274

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Gallery (such as it is)

I saw this in person when I went to the Texas State Railroad's Railfest.  I have no idea what they call it, or even what it is, but I'm calling it a tram.  They were running it back and forth on their wye, giving children rides for a small fee while everyone waited for the big engine to depart.  The real thing will carry the driver and three passengers, though my model doesn't quite do that.  

A picture of the real thing can be found HERE

--Tony

#2 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:06 PM

Aw that's cute ! :sweet:
Great work there 'SavaTheAggie' - I might make something similar in yellow - keep on bricking ! :sweet:

#3 SavaTheAggie

SavaTheAggie

• Thick-skinned

Member: 1274

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:46 AM

View Postlightningtiger, on 25 July 2010 - 01:06 PM, said:

Aw that's cute ! :sweet:
Great work there 'SavaTheAggie' - I might make something similar in yellow - keep on bricking ! :sweet:

Thanks!  I was thinking of the different TSRR equipment the other day, and the thought of building this started off as a joke that became more and more like a good idea.  I wasn't going to keep it after taking pictures of it, but I've decided to hang on to it.

--Tony

#4 Leergut

Leergut

Member: 7561

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

View PostSavaTheAggie, on 24 July 2010 - 06:21 PM, said:

I have no idea what they call it, or even what it is, but I'm calling it a tram.  They were running it back and forth on their wye, giving children rides for a small fee while everyone waited for the big engine to depart.  The real thing will carry the driver and three passengers, though my model doesn't quite do that.  

Hi,

i think you mean a "Draisine" (german), http://www.ef-wetterau.de/ says "railcar". Click "DDS".

Leergut

#5 broomhandle

broomhandle

Member: 9661

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

View PostLeergut, on 27 July 2010 - 03:28 PM, said:

Hi,

i think you mean a "Draisine" (german), http://www.ef-wetterau.de/ says "railcar". Click "DDS".

Leergut

yes they are called rail cars, used for maintenance. there are clubs in the USA that own those and take trips on old abandoned rail lines.

great build :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users