• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Piotr

Piotr

Member: 3984

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:58 PM

Posted Image
Hi!

Today, I would like to present you my new MOC, vignette which was inspired game Street Fighter 4.

Posted Image

Photos were taken by my friend Konrad (you can see his photos here: kulik555.deviantart.com/ )

Flickr
BS

Photos: 1, 2, 3.

:)

Edited by Rufus, 24 June 2011 - 06:33 PM.
Indexed

#2 Fires-storm

Fires-storm

• Modern Wright Brother

Member: 9182

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:01 AM

A pretty cool set up! I love how well detailed the bell tower is, and the forced perspective is just like in the game! But I'm not quite sure this belongs in historic themes so much as other :classic:
If you cannot win the battle, win the war.

#3 Milan

Milan

Member: 6465

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

Cool!
Very nice vignette!
My only complaint would be that energy bar and time count.
I mean, you put much effort into the brick built background, and everything, and these computer graphic is out of place, imo.
It would be great if you could put something out of bricks, instead graphic...

Edited by Milan, 24 July 2010 - 12:55 PM.

Posted Image   Posted Image    Posted Image   Posted Image   
Website  Facebook  YouTube   Flickr     

#4 BrickClick

BrickClick

Member: 11315

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

Nice MOC!
I like the mountains in the background!
Good work  :classic:
Thanks to Jebediahs for the great avatar!

#5 Dunjohn

Dunjohn

• EB Boardgames Reviewer

Member: 7364

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:52 AM

Very nice! I think you should definitely keep the health bars. The pose of Ryu and Ken are a bit stiff, though, maybe you could try getting one of them to uppercut the other?

Ken's hairpiece looks a bit odd, do you have any Luke Skywalkers? I've made a few street fighters myself so I've been trying to get the looks down. I don't have them handy at the moment but I do have some experimental photos on my camera's memory disk. Apologies for the terrible quality, these were never meant to be displayed but they're all I have. And I'm certainly not trying to take over the thread, these are just how I've been doing it.

Posted Image
Ryu's head is from Exo-Force, while his hair is the fairly common modern type from sets like Small Car. His torso's also from Exo-Force but I may replace it with the karate champ from Collectible Minifigures 2. I don't own any red hand parts but I'd use them if I did.

Posted Image
Ken's torso is a girl's top, but it's the best I have. The boobs fortunately aren't too prominent but I need to use the flames to hide all the ribbons  :hmpf_bad: And unlike you, I don't even have a plain red top I could use. The head is from a different Exo-Force guy.

Posted Image
Just to show they're not all from Exo-Force. Chun Li's mainly from Castle.

Overall that's a fantastically colourful little MOC. Have you thought about printing out the health bars to display above it? I wouldn't build them from bricks, if they're printed they'll look more like part of the "screen," just like in this photo.
On the stalls on market day,
You might hear little voices say....

Collectable Minifigures Trading List

#6 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:05 AM

Very nice vignette, truly a unique idea. Good job Piotr! Posted Image I like the build of the background, looks very realistic with the real videogame (a screenshot reference would have helped). The graphic healthbars are nice too, it's better that way than brickbuilt IMO. But I have to agree with Dunjohn, Ken's hair does look a bit odd, he doesn't have a ponytail afterall. Luke's yellow hairpiece would have been better. But still, great overall work.

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#7 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

Very nice vig 'Piotr' - I remember playing an earlier Street Fighter on an Atari ST !
Great work and keep on bricking ! :sweet:

#8 Zepher

Zepher

• I can't control my tongue

Member: 3241

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

Very cool man.  The background is awesome with the forced-prespective, and I really like the temple like object a lot.  Even the pose is interesting, though the black brick ruins it a little for me.Anyway, over-all very good work, the posing is the only thing I would work on fixing to eliminated any supports.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

Nash Ash in Unrest in the Forest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users