Sign in to follow this  
Scouty

The Battle of Willow's Creek

Hello again!

I brought two MOCs to 2010 Brickworld. One of them is Le Coup d'État du 18 Brumaire. My other one, The Battle of Willow's Creek. I could have set up this battlefield spanning over 4 48X48 baseplates featuring a wheat field, house, and creak and let it be throughout the 2 days I had it on display (I only got it together very late on Friday). I was about to do that. However, I decided to make this dynamic. On both days of the event, I would evolve the battle from start to finish as the public hours dwindle by.(I apologize for some blurry photos, my camera was not fantastic, I can tell you that!) Here, I present to you the result of those two bloody days (don't worry, there's no blood :wink: ). The images are links to my Flickr sets, separated into the two days. The photos are in chronological order and have context notes. Please enjoy!!

After engaging with blue coat skirmishers, the Royal army (red coats) look to push beyond the wheat field and take the road before the Grand Army of the Province does. Unfortunately for them, they are unsuccessful and are pushed back. A cavalry charge, supported by an infantry charge as well, completely rout the red coats. They'll reform, though, and strike again the next day...

4821734329_061ee133a2_b.jpg

After a spectacular rout the previous day, the Royal Army reforms and plans to surprise the Grand Army of the Province unawares the next morning. At dawn, they reformed and marched across the wheat field to take the fences and pressure the blue coats. Marching in, the Grand Army of the Province quickly unlimbers their artillery and gives fire to the Royal Army, but they are largely unhurt by the hurtling shells. A regiment of the Grand Army of the Province forms line and attacks the red coats. Both hold their own. Unexpectedly for both sides, a bugle sounds for the cavalry to charge. The red coats quickly form square and deflect the cavalry. Largely unsupported by the infantry, the cavalry charge fails and all but a few cavalrymen escape with their lives. The blue coats attempt to take advantage of the red coats in square, but are delayed. By the time they attack again, the red coats have formed line are beating them back. Taking casualties, the blue coats are barely holding. Royal army artillery batters them as well. The loss of their colonel drastically lowered morale and the blue coats begin to falter. Recognizing the opportunity, the red coat general orders an infantry charge. It hardly takes two steps for the blue coats to begin running. The artillerymen also begin to retreat. Sure of victory this day, the Lt. General of the Grand Army of the Province looks on in disbelief as he sees his men fleeing. The casualties on the field are horrific.

4822351648_c32512f138_b.jpg

NOOOOOOOO! I didn't get to see this awesome display! :pir_bawling: But very beautiful buildings, and the charge looks perfect :pir-classic:

NOOOOOOOO! I didn't get to see this awesome display! :pir_bawling: But very beautiful buildings, and the charge looks perfect :pir-classic:

Thank you :classic: . Sorry you missed it :sad: Were you at Brickworld?

This is a very clever way to convey a changing battle scene. Nice work.

Thank you :classic:

Great display Imperialscouts, nice building and the charge looks very realistic! :thumbup:

Can we find more pictures anywhere?

All the pictures I have are in the Flickr sets that are linked in the first post (the two pictures there). There is over 70 pictures in there, so plenty to look at!

I might take some new pictures. Though, I might tweek things a little :classic: . Such as a camp! :sweet: !!

Outstanding work, I also loved browsing through your Flickr account to see the 'battle stations' of the men.

blogged.png

Nice creation. Can someone tell me, where these bayonets are available?? It is still not possible to buy them at brickarms, but many people use them in their MOCs. Thanks for reply. :cannon:

Thank you :classic: . Sorry you missed it :sad: Were you at Brickworld?

Yeah, I was there from the first day, until I left early on the final day. It was such an epic event :pir_laugh2:

Nice creation. Can someone tell me, where these bayonets are available?? It is still not possible to buy them at brickarms, but many people use them in their MOCs. Thanks for reply. :cannon:

Thank you :classic: I got the bayonets from Will who generously gave some to me for my opinion.

Yeah, I was there from the first day, until I left early on the final day. It was such an epic event :pir_laugh2:

Ahh, too bad we never met :sad: . Still, I agree! EPIC event :sweet:

Outstanding work, I also loved browsing through your Flickr account to see the 'battle stations' of the men.

blogged.png

Thank you :sweet: !! I'm glad you enjoyed it :classic: !

And thank you very much for blogging it :sweet: !