• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic  – Started by Scouty , Jul 23 2010 11:14 PM

#1 Scouty

Scouty
  • [not worthy of classic film title]

Member: 863

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:14 PM

Hello again!

I brought two MOCs to 2010 Brickworld. One of them is Le Coup d'État du 18 Brumaire. My other one, The Battle of Willow's Creek. I could have set up this battlefield spanning over 4 48X48 baseplates featuring a wheat field, house, and creak and let it be throughout the 2 days I had it on display (I only got it together very late on Friday). I was about to do that. However, I decided to make this dynamic. On both days of the event, I would evolve the battle from start to finish as the public hours dwindle by.(I apologize for some blurry photos, my camera was not fantastic, I can tell you that!) Here, I present to you the result of those two bloody days (don't worry, there's no blood :wink: ). The images are links to my Flickr sets, separated into the two days. The photos are in chronological order and have context notes. Please enjoy!!

After engaging with blue coat skirmishers, the Royal army (red coats) look to push beyond the wheat field and take the road before the Grand Army of the Province does. Unfortunately for them, they are unsuccessful and  are pushed back. A cavalry charge, supported by an infantry charge as well, completely rout the red coats. They'll reform, though, and strike again the next day...
Posted Image

After a spectacular rout the previous day, the Royal Army reforms and plans to surprise the Grand Army of the Province unawares the next morning. At dawn, they reformed and marched across the wheat field to take the fences and pressure the blue coats. Marching in, the Grand Army of the Province quickly unlimbers their artillery and gives fire to the Royal Army, but they are largely unhurt by the hurtling shells. A regiment of the Grand Army of the Province forms line and attacks the red coats. Both hold their own. Unexpectedly for both sides, a bugle sounds for the cavalry to charge. The red coats quickly form square and deflect the cavalry. Largely unsupported by the infantry, the cavalry charge fails and all but a few cavalrymen escape with their lives. The blue coats attempt to take advantage of the red coats in square, but are delayed. By the time they attack again, the red coats have formed line are beating them back. Taking casualties, the blue coats are barely holding. Royal army artillery batters them as well. The loss of their colonel drastically lowered morale and the blue coats begin to falter. Recognizing the opportunity, the red coat general orders an infantry charge. It hardly takes two steps for the blue coats to begin running. The artillerymen also begin to retreat. Sure of victory this day, the Lt. General of the Grand Army of the Province looks on in disbelief as he sees his men fleeing. The casualties on the field are horrific.

Posted Image
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#2 Fires-storm

Fires-storm
  • Modern Wright Brother

Member: 9182

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:42 PM

NOOOOOOOO! I didn't get to see this awesome display! :pir_bawling: But very beautiful buildings, and the charge looks perfect :pir-classic:
If you cannot win the battle, win the war.

#3 Tycho McKorley

Tycho McKorley

Member: 11599

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:46 AM

This is a very clever way to convey a changing battle scene.  Nice work.
Some of My Creations:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
(Pictures are links)

#4 Scouty

Scouty

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:08 PM

View PostFires-storm, on 23 July 2010 - 11:42 PM, said:

NOOOOOOOO! I didn't get to see this awesome display! :pir_bawling: But very beautiful buildings, and the charge looks perfect :pir-classic:

Thank you :classic: . Sorry you missed it :sad: Were you at Brickworld?

View PostTycho McKorley, on 25 July 2010 - 06:46 AM, said:

This is a very clever way to convey a changing battle scene.  Nice work.

Thank you :classic:
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#5 Commander Red Hat

Commander Red Hat
  • Leader of the Redcoats!

Member: 1914

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

Great display Imperialscouts, nice building and the charge looks very realistic!  :thumbup:
Can we find more pictures anywhere?
Why do you need TLC to make sets for you, all you really need is parts...be creative!

The build a frigate tutorail!

New members please read the guidelines.
If you have any trouble in posting, deeplinking etc, please consult the
tutorials, or the help
section.
My Flickr

#6 Scouty

Scouty

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:42 PM

View PostCaptain Blue Hair, on 01 August 2010 - 06:53 PM, said:

Great display Imperialscouts, nice building and the charge looks very realistic!  :thumbup:
Can we find more pictures anywhere?

All the pictures I have are in the Flickr sets that are linked in the first post (the two pictures there). There is over 70 pictures in there, so plenty to look at!

I might take some new pictures. Though, I might tweek things a little :classic: . Such as a camp! :sweet: !!
.Posted Image

#7 Zorro

Zorro
  • Farewell Dieter!

Member: 3951

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:42 PM

Outstanding work, I also loved browsing through your Flickr account to see the 'battle stations' of the men.

Posted Image

#8 jackdaw

jackdaw

Member: 12423

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:55 PM

Nice creation. Can someone tell me, where these bayonets are available?? It is still not possible to buy them at brickarms, but many people use them in their MOCs. Thanks for reply.  :cannon:

#9 Fires-storm

Fires-storm
  • Modern Wright Brother

Member: 9182

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

View PostImperialScouts, on 27 July 2010 - 05:08 PM, said:

Thank you :classic: . Sorry you missed it :sad: Were you at Brickworld?

Yeah, I was there from the first day, until I left early on the final day. It was such an epic event :pir_laugh2:
If you cannot win the battle, win the war.

#10 Scouty

Scouty

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:11 PM

View Postjackdaw, on 06 August 2010 - 12:55 PM, said:

Nice creation. Can someone tell me, where these bayonets are available?? It is still not possible to buy them at brickarms, but many people use them in their MOCs. Thanks for reply.  :cannon:

Thank you :classic: I got the bayonets from Will who generously gave some to me for my opinion.

View PostFires-storm, on 06 August 2010 - 01:12 PM, said:

Yeah, I was there from the first day, until I left early on the final day. It was such an epic event :pir_laugh2:

Ahh, too bad we never met :sad: . Still, I agree! EPIC event :sweet:

View PostZorro, on 04 August 2010 - 08:42 PM, said:

Outstanding work, I also loved browsing through your Flickr account to see the 'battle stations' of the men.

Posted Image

Thank you :sweet: !! I'm glad you enjoyed it :classic: !

And thank you very much for blogging it :sweet: !
.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links