Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

This is great news, and to have eight sets is pretty nice too. I suspect there will be only one ship unless the theme sees a second release of sets the following year. I am hoping for some redcoats in the lower priced sets myself.

Ralph

I found these

Whitecap Bay

At White Cap Bay, Captain Jack Sparrow and the other pirates must capture a mermaid. Spot them using the searchlight and shoot the net from the boathouse cannon. But beware! If the whale oil tips over the whole lighthouse is sure to go up in flames!

http://www.play.com/...ay/Product.html

Fountain of Youth

Barbossa, Blackbeard and Jack Sparrow are battling it out for the fabled spring that gives the gift of eternal life. As they clash cutlasses, can Captain Jack tiptoe past them and make it to the fountain first?

http://www.play.com/...th/Product.html

Queen Anne's Revenge

From the captain's quarters perched high on his magnificent ship, Blackbeard secretly looks on as Captain Jack Sparrow and the motley crew attempt mutiny against Angelica and the zombies. Will our heroes be able to take control of the ship before Blackbeard reveals himself?

http://www.play.com/...ge/Product.html

The Captain's Cabin

In the dead of night, Captain Jack Sparrow sneaks into the captain's cabin to steal a coveted ship-in-a-bottle. As he turns to leave, two pirates jump out of the shadows. With nowhere to run, will he be able to fend them off and escape with the loot?

http://www.play.com/...in/Product.html

The Cannibal Escape

Ruuuun! Captain Jack Sparrow and Will Turner have escaped from the cannibal village and are being chased by their hungry foes. Can they reach the safety of the Black Pearl before their guests really do have them for dinner? Set includes roasting spit, bone cage, chief's chair and cannibal hut.

http://www.play.com/...pe/Product.html

The London Escape

Captain Jack Sparrow and Joshamee Gibbs escape the hangman's noose only to be captured again by King George's soldiers. Can Jack escape through the busy streets of London and find refuge at the Captain's Daughter?

Isla De la Muerta

Pirate Lord Hector Barbossa needs to capture the descendent of Bootstrap Bill to rid himself of the curse of the Black Pearl , and he believes it to be the beautiful Elizabeth Swann. As Barbossa turns into a skeleton, can Captain Jack Sparrow defeat the Pirate Lord and gain control of the Black Pearl?

http://www.play.com/...ta/Product.html

The Mill

At the mill, Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and Admiral Norrington duel it out for the key to the Dead Man's Chest. Suddenly the mill wheel shakes loose with them inside! Can they manage to stay upright and still stop Flying Dutchman Pirate Hadras from scuttling away with the prize?

http://www.play.com/...ll/Product.html

I found these

Whitecap Bay

At White Cap Bay, Captain Jack Sparrow and the other pirates must capture a mermaid. Spot them using the searchlight and shoot the net from the boathouse cannon. But beware! If the whale oil tips over the whole lighthouse is sure to go up in flames!

http://www.play.com/...ay/Product.html

Fountain of Youth

Barbossa, Blackbeard and Jack Sparrow are battling it out for the fabled spring that gives the gift of eternal life. As they clash cutlasses, can Captain Jack tiptoe past them and make it to the fountain first?

http://www.play.com/...th/Product.html

Queen Anne's Revenge

From the captain's quarters perched high on his magnificent ship, Blackbeard secretly looks on as Captain Jack Sparrow and the motley crew attempt mutiny against Angelica and the zombies. Will our heroes be able to take control of the ship before Blackbeard reveals himself?

http://www.play.com/...ge/Product.html

The Captain's Cabin

In the dead of night, Captain Jack Sparrow sneaks into the captain's cabin to steal a coveted ship-in-a-bottle. As he turns to leave, two pirates jump out of the shadows. With nowhere to run, will he be able to fend them off and escape with the loot?

http://www.play.com/...in/Product.html

The Cannibal Escape

Ruuuun! Captain Jack Sparrow and Will Turner have escaped from the cannibal village and are being chased by their hungry foes. Can they reach the safety of the Black Pearl before their guests really do have them for dinner? Set includes roasting spit, bone cage, chief's chair and cannibal hut.

The London Escape

Captain Jack Sparrow and Joshamee Gibbs escape the hangman's noose only to be captured again by King George's soldiers. Can Jack escape through the busy streets of London and find refuge at the Captain's Daughter?

Isla De la Muerta

Pirate Lord Hector Barbossa needs to capture the descendent of Bootstrap Bill to rid himself of the curse of the Black Pearl , and he believes it to be the beautiful Elizabeth Swann. As Barbossa turns into a skeleton, can Captain Jack Sparrow defeat the Pirate Lord and gain control of the Black Pearl?

http://www.play.com/...ta/Product.html

The Mill

At the mill, Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and Admiral Norrington duel it out for the key to the Dead Man's Chest. Suddenly the mill wheel shakes loose with them inside! Can they manage to stay upright and still stop Flying Dutchman Pirate Hadras from scuttling away with the prize?

http://www.play.com/...ll/Product.html

Umm...that sounds pretty awesome!

I wish they had PICS!

Huh, finally some information. Sounds like a sure lack of Soldiers, but the pirates line isn't sold out so far, so you can get them otherwise.

Also sounds like a jack in every Set, like the Prince of Persia, Harry Potter and Indiana Jones in their lines.

Whitecap Bay

Sounds like a typical playset, with Jack, some pirates and the mermaid(?). I have no idea what this is going to be like.

Fountain of Youth

Blackbeard...wasn't that the guy in the third movie? I would be glad to get Barbossa's hair piece, guess that would look great.

The Captain's Cabin

Sounds like a smaller set, including Jack, the pirates and the cabin. I think, a cabin has lots of potential, hope it's done nicely.

The Cannibal Escape

Just great! Dark skinned indios, a bone cage, and lots of cannibal stuff. Great for people who miss (or missed) the short islanders theme.

The London Escape

I guess, the best Set of this line. Hopefully some soldiers will be in it, and I can almost see the Lego gallows in my inner eye... :pir-sweet:

If the gallows arne't too much of technics and more system, this set is a must have!

Isla De la Muerta

The Mill

Those last two are classic scenes from the first two movies, which I think TLC had to make.

The first one will propably have some gold treasures, some indio coins and the fighters, the mill sounds like a 50€ 4 minifig set including the chest. I wonder wether there will be a heart in it. :pir-wink:

I hope, that there will come some great yet missing molds in this line, like perukes, pirate like hair pieces, hand grenades, or bayonetts (did they have bayonetts in PotC?)

Edited by Peanuts

:pir-wub: I'm so looking forward to this theme!

This sounds really great. Just the Jack Sparrow prototype looks awesome already! Could anyone provide a pic of "Blackbeard's ship"? I'm not that at home in POTC. I must watch the movies again sometime soon. It's been a long time, you know...

Happy wait!

Enpaz

Edited by Enpaz

Queen Anne's Revenge in lego should be pretty cool. :jollyroger:

Expect it to be 'Disney-ed up', rather than a purely historical-looking ship though...that way, they can nail anybody who tries to copy it illegally, which is rather hard to do with a 'generic' ship.

This is probably a sign that the Black Pearl will hopefully be a UCS set like imperial flagship. You can't do POTC without the black pearl! Also I wonder if we will get some string to hang minifigures on the noose?

Hm, so we're getting only three sets basd on the first three movies and a whopping five based on the fourth? This is rather suprising to me - I expected an even 4 classic and four new divide like with the first year of Indiana Jones. I'm also disapointed that we'll be getting neither the Black Pearl nor the Flying Dutchman in the first year - the former especially seems like a far more natural and iconic choice than a ship debuting in the fourth movie.

Still, this theme does sound like it will be fantastic in the minifig department, and I can't wait to see what the playsets look like. I don't think TLC is going to keep the description of the cannibal playset though - they'll probably rename them to "island natives" or something. :pir-tongue:

Could this be one off the new sets link?

'Escape at Sea' is one of the (Disney's) Cars themed sets to come out next summer.

Blackbeard...wasn't that the guy in the third movie?

Blackbeard is the supposed villain in the fourth film, played by Ian McShane (Deadwood).

The set descriptions sound very promising. Can't wait for pics. One thing that bothers me is: No Elizabeth Swan? :pir_bawling:

EDIT: Oops, sorry. There seems to be an Elizabeth Swan figure in the "Isla de la muerta" set. My fault.

Edited by Plissken

No Black Pearl? No Flying Dutchman? This is starting to look like a great disapointment. :pir_bawling:

I'm just disappointed that there are so few sets from the first three movies. I would have liked to see the duel in the smithy and something from Shanghai, not to mention Tia Dalma's shack. In my dreams there was a $10 set that included a tiny desert island with one hatch and one tree, Captain Jack, two bottles of rum and a pair of sea turtles.

That said, I trust that Lego will do a proper job turning these scenes into exciting sets, even if the movie sucks. I will definitely buy that Isla de Muerta set. And I take the absence of the Pearl as a sign that they are planning to have more than one wave of POTC, since I really can't imagine the theme without it.

As for the Flying Dutchman, I never really wanted it. The Dutchman is enormous, and I really doubt that it would have turned out decent in minifig scale unless it was four feet long and cost as much as the Death Star. Maybe the Dutchman could be the first POTC Midi set!

(EDIT: after doing some reading, it turns out the Dutchman is not really that much bigger than the Pearl. It just seems like it.)

Edited by Gryphon Ink

guys i've just found a photo of the Queen Anne's Revenge from the film

http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Queen_Anne%27s_Revenge

here is something interesting from the behind the scenes information from the article above.

"The Queen Anne's Revenge is portrayed by the Sunset, which previously portrayed the Black Pearl in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. In 2010, the Sunset was redesigned to portray the Queen Anne's Revenge in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides"

So from what i gather the same ship that was the black pearl...is now the Queen Anne?

don't be too disappointed about the black pearl and flying dutchman the QAR looks like a beast!, i'm still hoping for a Davy Jones minifig, but the range sounds good so far :shark:

guys i've just found a photo of the Queen Anne's Revenge from the film

http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Queen_Anne%27s_Revenge

here is something interesting from the behind the scenes information from the article above.

"The Queen Anne's Revenge is portrayed by the Sunset, which previously portrayed the Black Pearl in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. In 2010, the Sunset was redesigned to portray the Queen Anne's Revenge in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides"

So from what i gather the same ship that was the black pearl...is now the Queen Anne?

don't be too disappointed about the black pearl and flying dutchman the QAR looks like a beast!, i'm still hoping for a Davy Jones minifig, but the range sounds good so far :shark:

Interesting.

IF this new ship is just a remade Black Pearl (and judging by the apparent storyline of the new film) then it seems like the Pearl wont be in the new film, or only seen briefly, which in my opinion makes a set of it less likely, depending on the length of the license and how Lego divides the atttention between the original three movies and the new one.

Will/Rocketbilly

Sooooo... this fourth movie does not have Will Turner, Elizabeth Swann, Davy Jones, Tia Dalma, Ragetti, Norrington or the Black Pearl in it. And the script shoehorns Jack Sparrow into a preexisting book with totally different characters and themes. This should be... interesting. At least Barbossa is in it.

Great news ! :thumbup:

Hope the picture comming soon !

The Captain's Cabin : A good begin ! Jack with 2 pirates ! With a precious object not bad !

Fountain of Youth / Isla De la Muerta / : A battle scene ?

Lego will make that like Ultimate Lightsaber Duel from Star wars ?

The Cannibal Escape : Return of Islander too ? :kahuka:

The Mill : Deluxe version of Foy/Isla ?

The London Escape : Great ! I really want see this set ! And new redcoat ! :pir-oh:

Whitecap Bay : Huge playset with actions ! :pir-wub:

Queen Anne's Revenge : A must have ! Just imagine a battle with Imperial Ship :pir-sweet:

And zombies ? Oh !

Too bad we don't have the black pearl ! May be for a second wave ?

Edited by JeanBart974

Prices for the new sets are also listed on play.com:

4181 - Isla De la Muerta £ 21,99

4182 - The Cannibal Escape £ 30,99

4183 - The Mill £ 40,99

4191 - The Captain's Cabin £ 10,49

4192 - Fountain of Youth £ 21,99

4193 - The London Escape £ 49,99

4194 - Whitecap Bay £ 71,99

4195 - Queen Anne's Revenge £ 102,99

Im sorry, Im not finding any of these sets listed. could you post a direct link? :pir-hmpf_bad:

EDIT: eh, never mind... I forgot to scroll back a few pages....

EDIT of EDIT:

:pir-oh3: I just discoved you can strikethrough smileys too! :pir-grin: not just text! :jollyroger:

Edited by Dan the Brickman

Ah... spoiler warning, perhaps? :pir-sceptic: I kind of know what happens with the whale oil now.

I really have to wait for pictures to judge the sets. One thing disappoints me though... in 'Classic' Lego ranges they never do part-sets, like the Captain's Cabin. 'Classic' means complete ships and buildings.

When they do licensed themes, you can't really build a 'world' out of them because it makes no sense whatsoever to have the QAR's cabin built outside of the ship itself.

(Although since the 'captain's cabin' is the smallest set, it might contain just a few minifigs and desk that you can fit inside the ship. We shall see.)

I wonder how they'll do the 'ship in the bottle'? I can't picture anything resembling that in minifig scale without custom pieces. A 'ship in a bottle' custom piece would be one of my favourites.

I look forward to other new pirate-themed accessories.

Judging by the set numbers, it looks like the three 'original' sets are going to be released before the other five. Three sets... that's an odd number, isn't it? Anyone else recall a theme being launched with just three sets? Maybe there are some we don't know about...4184 and 4185, perhaps?

Edited by David Thomsen

Speaking of Blue Coats it appears ...

Barbossa has become one!

post-273-128596906192.jpg

post-273-128596909164.jpg

post-273-128596912286.jpg

Geoffrey Rush as Captain Hector Barbossa[5], former pirate, who is now a privateer on the Court of King George II.

this comes from wikipedia, that neverending source of information