alexhui

MOC : Apliu Street in Hong Kong

Apliu Street (simplified Chinese: 鸭寮街; traditional Chinese: 鴨寮街) is a street in the Sham Shui Po, Kowloon, Hong Kong. It runs parallel to Cheung Sha Wan Road between Yen Chow Street and Nam Cheong Street. An easy way to reach it is to get off at the MTR Sham Shui Po Station. Use the A2 or C2 exit and you will be ascending directly into Apliu Street.

The Cantonese name “apliu” (鴨寮) comes from a village which was formerly located nearby but has long since been buried underneath the urbanization of Sham Shui Po.

Apliu Street has a huge flea market containing electronics, electrical components, and related items. A shopper can find both new and used merchandise in the area. Apliu Street is well known for geek shopping.

While Apliu Street is famous for electronic parts, the Golden Shopping Arcade found on the other side of Cheung Sha Wan Road is famous for computer hardware and related items.

ap_20100718102202193.jpg?ib_____D2SYKaX5.

ap_20100718102222197.jpg?ib_____DXgKalpav

ap_20100718102101102.jpg?ib_____DrUtX_zyf

ap_20100718102022343.jpg?ib_____Dqp6yE8Ek

ap_20100718102121231.jpg?ib_____DXvK7KTlc

ap_20100717112336109.jpg?ib_____Dps96TL01

ap_20100717112303824.jpg?ib_____DAhnd59FC

ap_20100717112314448.jpg?ib_____DiMMYzt0F

ap_20100717112437162.jpg?ib_____DtVq8..AB

ap_20100717112454500.jpg?ib_____DehtMPviK

ap_20100717112326624.jpg?ib_____D51uyqyK6

ap_20100717112400894.jpg?ib_____DHU83TvZS

ap_20100717112348981.jpg?ib_____DkldzFHCN

OMG WTF FTW! oh2.gif At first sight I thought this was a real photo of a street in Hong Kong, until I realized it is a lego build! This has got to be the grandest and busiest MOC I have ever seen. I love every details in it, from the overall oriental marketplace look to the effective lighting efffects which truly makes this a wonderful work of art. Congratulations to you alexhui for a superb masterpiece! default_thumbup.gifdefault_thumbup.gifdefault_thumbup.gifdefault_thumbup.gifdefault_thumbup.gif

^WOW thumbs up smiley overload :laugh:

Really though this is truly amazing!

Its so detailed and lively, And the lighting is amazing!

Excellent (Actually better than excellent) MOC!

This must have taken quite some time to build :classic:

holy smoke mate, that is absolutely the most outrageous build I have ever seen. Fantastic job!

The Air-con compressors hanging outside the windows is so "Hong Kong"!!

Amazing MOC!!

just curious, how long did you take to do this MOC?

OMG its so cool !!!! i love how populated the street and the building are :sweet::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::classic:

I'm glad you are a newbie around here - I can only imagine what you will be doing when you are a veteran! :laugh:

Great MOC, man - I'm a conformist!!

Two words: AMAZING JOB! :cry_happy: Wonderful collection of great and lovely details all around the MOC (especially in the interiors :wink:) looking even better with all those lights. BRAVO! :thumbup:

WOW lost of words, that great. :thumbup: I love Hong Kong shop and eat and shop. :tongue:

Edited by Hey75

I built the LEGO in around 40 days.

I used the MOC model to join the Hong Kong LEGO Building competition that held in 7/30/2010 - 3/8/2010 in Hong Kong Conference and Exhibition Center. Lucky my model has entry the last 12 model in Finals.

Here is the details of the 12 models in finals.

http://www.easttouch.com.hk/events/lego/

THANKS ALL.

Edited by alexhui

^WOW thumbs up smiley overload :laugh:

Really though this is truly amazing!

Its so detailed and lively, And the lighting is amazing!

Excellent (Actually better than excellent) MOC!

This must have taken quite some time to build :classic:

about 40 days working time.

holy smoke mate, that is absolutely the most outrageous build I have ever seen. Fantastic job!

VERY THANKS.

The Air-con compressors hanging outside the windows is so "Hong Kong"!!

Amazing MOC!!

just curious, how long did you take to do this MOC?

40 days, I can built Hong Kong Style Lego since I live in Hong Kong for over 30 years, everywhere can find the Hot and noisly Air-Con.

OMG its so cool !!!! i love how populated the street and the building are :sweet::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::classic:

Populated....that is what Hong Kong style...

Okay, I've picked up my jaw off the table now ! :oh3:

TOTALLY AWESOME !!! :grin:

Details, people, scenery, banners and action it has it all !!

All done in 40 day's eh ? What a GENIUS, yes this is the work of a GENIUS !

I tilt my MOC-building hat to you 'alexhui' as this is one of the finest city creations I have ever seen !

I'm a conformist!.....really 'alexhui' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Not much to add to the overall appraisal. I just love the interiors and overall crowdy feel to that creation. Sadly I've never been to HK before, but judging by photographs this street scene captures the look and atmosphere of that metropolis perfectly.

The insertion of random figures from variyng lines is just like the extra cream-topping on an already perfect cake!

Stunning and Beautiful!

May I ask what you used for your lighting and power?

I'm always into lighting up MOCs and always look for new ways to light them up. :thumbup:

OMG WTF FTW! oh2.gif At first sight I thought this was a real photo of a street in Hong Kong, until I realized it is a lego build! This has got to be the grandest and busiest MOC I have ever seen. I love every details in it, from the overall oriental marketplace look to the effective lighting efffects which truly makes this a wonderful work of art. Congratulations to you alexhui for a superb masterpiece! default_thumbup.gifdefault_thumbup.gifdefault_thumbup.gifdefault_thumbup.gifdefault_thumbup.gif

Exactly my thoughts. This is just like a real Hong Kong street :thumbup:

What a mess... in a good way. :sweet: The bustling crowded street looks very realistic. All the little details are simply overwhelming. And the lighting is a really nice touch.

*oh2* At first sight I thought this was a real photo of a street in Hong Kong, until I realized it is a lego build! (...) Congratulations to you alexhui for a superb masterpiece! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

hey! you read my mind... it looks like the real thing... its a photo

I have to ask, the guys on the roof, are playing mahong?:laugh:...

loots of details, great technique, engineering and mostly... art

And I have to say that I'm impress about the Chinese characters on signs:oh:. Its not easy write on lego, its harder make it on chinese, I guess :oh:

congrats, great MOC you have :thumbup:

Great job. Nice lighting. It is crowded with mini-figs, just how I remember Hong Kong.

My, a true work of art depicting quite impressively the truly bustling district that you were aiming for. I was simply blown away when I first saw this, and I feel safe saying this is one of the most impressive and original things I have ever seen here, if not THE most impressive. This should most definitely be front paged. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: